Regular Contributor
swingingby
Accepted Solution

Streampix

I would like to know what TV shows and movies are available before I sign up for Streampix.

Is there a preview, or list I can view?  Seems like they want my money before I can see what is available.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Streampix

You can go to On Demand on your cable box and select "Streampix" to see what's available there, and you can select "Streampix" from the list of Premium Networks available for online viewing to see the list of those.  You won't be able to actually view the programs without signing up, of course.

Visitor

Streampix isn't listed on my menu. Is it not available everywhere yet?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

http://www.comcast.com/xfinity-streampix.html?Processed=true

Not available in all areas. Requires subscription to XFINITY TV. Included with the following tiers of service: Blast Plus(TM), HD Preferrred Plus XF Triple Play, HD Premier XF Triple Play or HD Complete XF Triple Play. HD content requires subscription to HD Technology/HD Service fee. Services and features subject to change. (c) 2012 Comcast. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

Well I have received emails and a phone call from Comcast about this and I do have one of the tiers it is included in plus it is in my area. But it appears no where on my menu.

New Visitor

go to on demand, hit select on premium channels,xfinity streampix is the first selection up

Contributor

Nope NavyDad it is not listed there. Like I said Comcast has called and emailed that it is available to me and I can access it on my tablet and computer, but it is not on the on demand menu under premium or anywhere else.
New Visitor
FrediLev

Go to Watch Now and choose Networks.  From there Choose Streampix.  It's a pretty dismal selection.

New Visitor
CoPack

So how does the content compare to Netflix (streaming)?

Regular Contributor
swingingby

I agree.  Old stuff that used to be On Demand and a very small collection of shows.  For $5 versus $8

for Netflix, I am getting a better(not the best)selection:womanindifferent: of shows. 

New Visitor
FrediLev

I know.  If they bundled this so that you paid the extra $5.00 to get the content and got 50% off on on-demand movies or got a certain number of on demand movies free per month, it may be worth it but as it is, it's not much of a value.

Contributor

No Watch Now on my menu either.
New Visitor
mikethacker71

Is there any anime offered? This is going to be a Netflix versus Streampix decision and if there is no anime I have no interest.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Mike, you can find out what is offered by going here http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-networks/Streampix/486/main

Scroll down and take a look at the series and movies on Streampix. It won't take you long to decide what to do.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
LP2844

I have the HD Preferred Plus XF triple play package and see Streampix in my On Demand menu.  I also am able to stream movies.  But what bothered me was when I wanted to watch a movie on my TV, I got this message saying that if I didn't have the right package I would be charged $4.99 for the movie.  And if you proceed, you click on the Buy button.  That prevented me from proceeding because I didn't like the idea of clicking a Buy button for something if I'm entitled to watch it for free.  Can someone tell me that I'm supposed to disregard the message and $ signs and watch these movies free of charge?  Thanks.

New Visitor
ssjTiamat

I just signed up for the free trial today, but it does not look like I will be actually using it. I too was going to compare this to my Netflix service, but as I looked through the programs it seems that I am only allowed to watch movies that appear on the premium channel that I already have with my service. What is the point of that?

I thought with Streampix you could watch whatever movie is listed, but I am limited to only what appears on Showtime since that is the channel I pay for? If this is true then I will cancel pretty quickly and just stay with Netflix. It would be a pointless service then.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

ssjTiamat wrote:

I just signed up for the free trial today, but it does not look like I will be actually using it. I too was going to compare this to my Netflix service, but as I looked through the programs it seems that I am only allowed to watch movies that appear on the premium channel that I already have with my service. What is the point of that?

I thought with Streampix you could watch whatever movie is listed, but I am limited to only what appears on Showtime since that is the channel I pay for? If this is true then I will cancel pretty quickly and just stay with Netflix. It would be a pointless service then.

All Streampix content can be found On Demand Under Premium Channels > Streampix

You can also see what content we have available and watch Streampix content online here:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-networks/XFINITY-Streampix/486/main

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor

And despite a recorded phone call and emails stating that Streampix was available to me free as part of my package, I've yet to find it on my On Demand Menu...and yes, I have looked under the premium channel area.  And a tech did send a signal to my box which didn't help.

No one seems to have a solution or even cares.   

Recognized Contributor
Laurie

[ Edited ]

nevermind its working now

Contributor
Dougizagrip

Clear as mud. As far as I can figure, Comcast is now charging for what used to be available for free. This does not make me happy.

Contributor
LP2844

$4.99 charges appeared on my bill this month - with retroactive charges for last month included as well.  I'm completely confused by all this.  It was my understanding that with a triple play package, Streampix was free.  I don't know if these charges are due to my watching a couple of movies, or if it's a monthly charge to watch any movie.  And apparently, there is very little support on this forum to clear all this up for the customer.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

LP2844 wrote:

$4.99 charges appeared on my bill this month - with retroactive charges for last month included as well.  I'm completely confused by all this.  It was my understanding that with a triple play package, Streampix was free.  I don't know if these charges are due to my watching a couple of movies, or if it's a monthly charge to watch any movie.  And apparently, there is very little support on this forum to clear all this up for the customer.

Please go to our FAQ page which details what packages include Streampix:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/about-xfinity-streampix/

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
LP2844

I went back and looked at my billing statements.  Apparently, a couple of months ago I had the HD Preferred Plus XF package.  With that plan, Strempix would be free. I eliminated HBO and Starz back in March and now my statements show the Preferred XF package.  Which does not include the free Streampix. I guess that's why I got the correction on my bill for last month as well as the charge for this month (two $4.99 charges).  It was my change in plans during the billing cycle that gave me the impression it was free. I didn't realize my plan changed to exclude Strempix. I appreciate the link to check again what plans are applicable. 

New Visitor
Goducs11

So streampix is another way to gouge us for $5 for on demand?

Swell.

Contributor
LP2844

Does anyone know if it's $4.99 for the entire month - or for each movie?  If it's for each movie, I'm not sure why anyone would want to watch old movies for $4.99.  I thought they were around $2.99 on regular On Demand. 

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

LP2844 wrote:

Does anyone know if it's $4.99 for the entire month - or for each movie?  If it's for each movie, I'm not sure why anyone would want to watch old movies for $4.99.  I thought they were around $2.99 on regular On Demand. 

It is $4.99 a month.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
johnnyndianne

you can call and tell the operrator you are they can see that your part of the group to watch the streampix.

one started you will love it great horror movies and comendy

New Visitor
Unsure25

It really would be nice if you could see the streampix offerings before purchasing a plan. Right now I have netflix and hulu plus. If i could eliminate one or both it would make an upgrade an easy choice, but comments pretty much lead me to believe its pretty much old garbage. I spoke with a sales rep on the phone which led me hear to check it out, but it is a completely dead end.