New Visitor
JBJTMESS

VOD Error Code 14

I established my service a week ago on Tuesday.  Since establishing my service I have been getting the error code 14 when trying to access ON DEMAND.  I have tried to contact Comcast who everytime tells me to unplug the box, wait some always changing amount of time, plug back in and it will work in 45 minutes.  It never works 45 minutes later.  Another person told me to go get a new box, I did that, still doesn't work.  If Comcast doesn't fix this soon, I'm going to switch to FIOS.  It's very frustrating that the customer service seems to have no idea how to "REALLY" fix this issue and all they say is they'll send a signal over.  If someone from Comcast is reading this, please fix the issue b/c I am tired of reaching out you all.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: VOD Error Code 14

First let me tell you this is a customer to customer forum you are not speaking to comcast. 

It looks like from the below that error is a communication failure error which is most likely caused by a weak signal or an error coming from comcast's side.  The only thing you can really do is get a tech to come out and check this out.    What box do you have?

that error means

CL-14
  InteractiveError

Request  failed. Please try again. If problem continues please call 1-800-COMCAST.  Reference (CL-14) when calling.

A low  level communication failure occurred.

• Please try to       access the VOD content again.      
  • If the problem persists, reboot  the set-top box (power it off, unplug the power cord, plug it back in) and retry  the VOD command in 20 minutes.
  • If the error reappears,  please contact customer service and reference the error code.

New Visitor
JBJTMESS

Thanks for the response.  The box i have is the Cisco RNG100.  They told me if I switched out my box that would fix it and that didn't work.  I guess I"m going to just  get a tech, if it doesn't work then I"m done w/ comcast.

New Visitor
JEWISEMAN13

I am having the same issue, but this is not the first time I've had this issue. I got to explain to the tech supervisor on call in what exactly a ping test is and why I needed it run/ CL-14 is the indicator that packet loss is happen between their servers and our neighborhood nodes and house connections/ It takes a technician chasing the signal to find exactly where the loss is happening. Make sure all your connections are tight, and call to schedule an appointment. Good luck doll!