New Visitor
ubertrucker

VOD Error code 14

So my boxes just resest, literally about 30 minutes ago. Everything says xfinity. 

So all my channels are there and I decided to check my on demand service. Error 14 keeps popping up. It was bad enough that I have gone through 3 faulty boxes, on demand service that works when IT wants to and extremely poor costomer service, but not the on demand is giving me an error that seems to have no fix. 

I have been all over this site, google and others and yet no one seems to have a clue as to what the error is and how to fix it. 

Of course at 2 in the morning it is to late to talk to someone (not that it would matter). I would only go through a 45 minute cycle of "turn the box on, turn the box off". A very popular comcast customer service game. I am not entertained. 

Unless I know what this is by this afternoon I believe it best to cancel my comcast services and stick with netflix. 

Cisco box, error code xfinity on demand....anyone know whats going on?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: VOD Error code 14

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified of you On Demand error.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

I'm having our Regional office reach out to you on this.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
New Visitor
AlinSpring

So what's the answer?  I've been having the same trouble for 5 days.  Can't reach VOD, getting Error 14 on   every box.  I called Comcast and they said they'd put in a work order to fix it.  So far nothing.

New Visitor
berk21

error 14 is usually from my experience, not getting a IP address...try a slow boot (unplug from power source for 10-15 full seconds...then plug power back in WITHOUT touching any buttons...let it go for 10 minutes..if you have a clock it should come on.)

New Visitor
CustomerD

[ Edited ]

I am getting the same error code when I try to access "On Demand". This started after they changed over to the new guide...which I don't like by the way.  I knew nothing had happened on my end that would cause this to happen on all my TV sets. I gave them a day or so to fix what was happening on their end but after a day I was still getting the error message.  I called customer service and of course all their technicans were assisting others BUT rather that staying on the line listening to elevator music, I could leave a call back no. and they would return my call in the order it was recieved. Oh good so I left a number and before hanging up it said I would be called back within 5 minutes.  It worked, my phone rang in 5 minutes.  I picked it up and when it transfered the call, it hung up on me.  I called back and this time if I left my no. it would call back in 15 to 20 minutes.  I was not going through being hung up on again, I stayed on the line.  Finally a human picked up the line. I told him what was going on and got the same solution as you, "unplug the power, wait a minute, plug power back in and wait for a reboot."  I was too polite to say i had already tried this about 3 or 4 tlimes over the last 24 hours. Of course it didn't work so I have a technican coming out on Tuesday.  I wasn't satisfied with that because I still say it is something they did on their end, not my equpiment.  I went onto the online help line and a technican came online right away to assist me. We went through the same routine as when I was on the phone with the other technican but he did attempt a refresh of sending the signal to my house. In the process of going through that I get an automated phone call from Comcast saying they had a problem with service in my area and that they had fixed the problem and then gave me options for cancelling my service visit on Tuesday. Well, I wasn't about to cancel until i finished with the technican I was working with online...good thing I didn't.  After the signal reboot, we did the unplug, replug, reboot thing....and it didn't work.  I am like you, I want to know what does "error code 14" mean?

New Visitor
jpe71

im a comcast employee and here error code 14 means box has no ip address.  in house tech can remove box serial # from an acct, cycle it back through our warehouse, and place the serial number back on the acct and it starts working.  ask technician to have this done.

New Visitor
AlinSpring

I have done that so many times I've lost count. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The last three times it hasn't. None of my boxes can access On Demand. Can't someone at Comcast post something that might actually help? BTW - I'm paying for something I can't use. I'm going to protest my bill. Maybe if we all did that they'd pay attention. Oh, and when this supposedly gets kicked up to "Customer Care", does anything actually happen?
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

When we contact the Comcast Cares Team, they get someone on it 99.9% of the time, once in a while one falls through the cracks, expecially if someone posted a "me too" on someone elses post or an old post.  That's why if you have an issue, you start a new post and not jump onto someone elses post with a "me too".

You can see this post started in April, so no one should be adding to it months later.