Contributor
karenlu99

Watchathon

It's almost the end of day 2.  Is there something wrong with my OnDemand?  I cannot find several shows I was wanting to watch:  The Wire, Treme, and Hung to mention a few.  Will these shows be added any time soon?

Thank you.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Watchathon

karenlu99 wrote:

It's almost the end of day 2.  Is there something wrong with my OnDemand?  I cannot find several shows I was wanting to watch:  The Wire, Treme, and Hung to mention a few.  Will these shows be added any time soon?

Thank you.

Some content is available online only and is not available On Demand and vice versa.

All episodes of all three of these series can be found online at www.XFINITYTV.com and on the XFINITY TV Player App for Android and iOS devices.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Visitor
BeadyBaby

Could someone tell me if the following two shows are only available online - both are listed in the Watchathon Advertisement listing, but I can't find them On Demand:

Mildred Pierce - HBO

Ru Paul's Drag Race - Logo

I searched on the entire On Demand menu and found nothing on Mildred Pierce.  I found Drag Race under "By Network-Logo", but it says I have to have a subscription.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

BeadyBaby wrote:

Could someone tell me if the following two shows are only available online - both are listed in the Watchathon Advertisement listing, but I can't find them On Demand:

Mildred Pierce - HBO

Ru Paul's Drag Race - Logo

I searched on the entire On Demand menu and found nothing on Mildred Pierce.  I found Drag Race under "By Network-Logo", but it says I have to have a subscription.

All five parts of Mildred Piece is available on the XFINITY TV app online here:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Mildred-Pierce/5239122465461398112/full-episodes

Season 4 and Season 5 of RuPaul's Drag Race is available to watch online here:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/RuPaul-s-Drag-Race/6199222043518042112/full-episodes#episode=7640...

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support 

Contributor

Hi Beady I just checked the Watchathon website and both those shows you asked about are there and have green Play buttons so you don't need subscriptions to watch them.

Yeah a lot of the Watchathon programs aren't on TV. :smileysad:

New Visitor
BeadyBaby

I sure wish they could have been up front about that from the git-go.  I don't enjoy watching TV on my computer AT ALL.  I'll re-check the line-up tonight and see if for some reason now I can watch those two shows on, you know, my actual TV!  :smileyhappy:

Contributor

I agree, Beady, I also much prefer to watch on the TV.

I agree that the messaging implied that all series would be available on all platforms. They did say that the online versions of the HBO shows wouldn't be available until today, but the implication was that all the HBO stuff (and the programs from other networks) would be available on our TVs starting on the 25th.

Contributor
karenlu99

Thank you Comcast Joe for your reply.

Next question.  I have a smart TV and I know nothing about it.  I really don't want to watch TV on my desktop (24 inch monitor) or laptop (15.6 screen) when I have a 55 inch TV.  Can you help an old woman figure out if there's a way to watch this on the big screen TV?

Thank you so much!

New Visitor
boilertv

Similar issue Joe. Have been watching season 1 of Borgias on demand tv and tonight not available. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Contributor
karenlu99

Thank you Comcast Joe!  TV & Laptop connected with HDMI.  Haven't gone to watch anything yet but am sure it will work wonderfully!

New Visitor
boilertv

46240.  It still does not show in the watchathon list like earlier in the week and in my comcast account it says only available online. But I can get there through the on demand tv showtime menu. Thanks.  

New Visitor
customer1312

I agree. We are very disappointed in the Watchathon Week. We were so excited when we were notified. We looked forward to Monday, March 25. Then the day came and we tried to watch The Sopranos--not there. Called COMCAST. Got a ticket no for problem. Called back today. After going through the same thing for a half hour with Customer Service as I did on Monday, they finally found out that it's NOT available on ON DEMAND as promoted but only online. We also do not want to watch tv on the computer--not enjoyable. We have a big screen tv. We are very disappointed with this promotion and will not pay attention to future promotions as they are poorly executed.
New Visitor
customer1312

Now I am really unhappy. I just realized that Comcast has done these Watchathons before. Many complaints have previous years dates on them. This is appalling. Who even stays in business doing the same thing over and over without correcting problems that have been brought to their attention. Wow! Fios or Dish here I come.