Visitor
golfnut333

Why is there no Spongebob Squarepants on On Demand

I can't fine Spongebob Squarepants on On Demand anymore:smileysad:.  It has been weeks, Comcast just took it off.  If you look in the Menu... Kids-Nick en espanol, you will see a few episodes of Bob Esponja, which is Spongebob Squarepants in Spanish.  I watched and they're episodes dubbed in Spanish.

What's up?  Did they lose the rights or did they get contacted by the Owners of Spongebob and told them to take it off because not enough people were buy the DVD's because they could just put On Demand on and let their kids watch anytime they want and not spend money on DVD's?

Anyone have any answers? :smileyplain:

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Why is there no Spongebob Squarepants on On Demand

Viacom puts their shows on On Demand and controls the schedule when they come off.

The whole schedule on when shows are up on On Demand or online is so erratic, every show is a surprise and it is all under each program supplier to how & when it's done.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

I think you can find spongebob on about 10 times a day or more.

Visitor
golfnut333

Do you have kids? They want to watch Spongebob at any given time.  It's just strange that if you're Spanish it's available but not if you speak English.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Nickelodeon's ratings have tanked this year. Many have speculated it's a combination of various streaming/OnDemand options that are causing people to bypass the channel. They may be pulling some of these to drive more people back to the live channel.

Visitor
golfnut333

Could be. Some other channels like ABC and Fox have the FastForward diabled so you have to watch or you can skip ahead 5 minutes at a time if you push the correct button.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

[ Edited ]

also if you have not seen viacom and directv were in a dispute and it just got settled.  maybe they are trying to also jack the price on comcast and this is one way to lessen the impact. 

yes I have kids but if they want to watch it and its not on oh well they need to accept that.