Contributor
shady32

Xbox App: 905 error

[ Edited ]

i have triple play plan with all premium channels buts everytime I try to sign in on my xbox I get an 905 error code but how come??? and yes i do have xbox gold subscription

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: 905 error

shady32 wrote:

i have triple play plan with all premium channels buts everytime I try to sign in on my xbox I get an 905 error code but how come??? and yes i do have xbox gold subscription

Please look over the FAQ and make sure you meet all the requirements:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Xbox-360-FAQ/td-p/1238627

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
shady32

i have all of that and i still get the error

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

shady32 wrote:

i have all of that and i still get the error

Are you using a cablecard?

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
shady32

what do you mean?

its funny because i used my mothers login info on my xbox and it worked and she only has hbo and showtime in her package, but when i use my own info I get that error code and I have every channel that comcast offers

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

shady32 wrote:

what do you mean?

its funny because i used my mothers login info on my xbox and it worked and she only has hbo and showtime in her package, but when i use my own info I get that error code and I have every channel that comcast offers

Do you have a Comcast cable box with Xfinity On Demand in your home or are you using Tivo or a similar service?

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
shady32

yes I have a cable box connected to the same tv that i use for my xbox which is a hd dvr box

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

shady32 wrote:

yes I have a cable box connected to the same tv that i use for my xbox which is a hd dvr box

What is the make and model of your cable box?

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
SkavenUK

Sorry to chime in but I'm getting the exact error. Tried online chat for help and was transferred FIVE times, then told that it's still in a trial and that I *MAY* not be eligible. They made it sound like they actually helped me. 40 minutes of being transferred from paul to someone else, not excellent customer service in my books, and I work as Tech support as well! Someone needs to review their support logs, as that was crazy.

New Visitor
JM1405

I'm encountering the same problem as Shady. I'm able to use someone else's login information to access the app but when I try and use my own primary login, I'm given the 905 error. I meet all of the qualifications outlined in the FAQs and have a cable box with on demand access hooked up to a seperate TV. The app clearly works because I can login with someone else's login info, it just doesn't like my name and password.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

[ Edited ]

SkavenUK wrote:

Sorry to chime in but I'm getting the exact error. Tried online chat for help and was transferred FIVE times, then told that it's still in a trial and that I *MAY* not be eligible. They made it sound like they actually helped me. 40 minutes of being transferred from paul to someone else, not excellent customer service in my books, and I work as Tech support as well! Someone needs to review their support logs, as that was crazy.

The Xfinity Xbox 360 app has many specific requirements. Please go here and make sure that you meet them all.

JM1404 wrote:

I'm encountering the same problem as Shady. I'm able to use someone else's login information to access the app but when I try and use my own primary login, I'm given the 905 error. I meet all of the qualifications outlined in the FAQs and have a cable box with on demand access hooked up to a seperate TV. The app clearly works because I can login with someone else's login info, it just doesn't like my name and password.

What is the make and model of cables boxes that have On Demand?

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
shady32

I mean does it really matter what make and model cable box you have if you able to login with someone elses info should mean it clearly works, but when we use or own personal info it doesnt work. I mean i'm no tech wiz but what does the 905 error exactly mean?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

shady32 wrote:

I mean does it really matter what make and model cable box you have if you able to login with someone elses info should mean it clearly works, but when we use or own personal info it doesnt work. I mean i'm no tech wiz but what does the 905 error exactly mean?

If you are using someone else's account, that means that they meet all the requirements. I am trying to see if the account information we have is correct.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
JM1405

Cable box is a Cisco RNG200. It's the only On-Demand capable cable box in our house and is not hooked directly to the TV with the Xbox attached to it.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

JM1405 wrote:

Cable box is a Cisco RNG200. It's the only On-Demand capable cable box in our house and is not hooked directly to the TV with the Xbox attached to it.

I have our team looking into it now. I will update you when I know more.

Thank you for your patience,

Joe

New Visitor
JM1405

Re: Xbox App: 905 error

Thanks Joe
New Visitor
kc9hlr

I have the error code too. I sighned in at my moms on her account didn't like hers because she had just basic. I went to my dads with the same Xbox and tried his account because he has hbo, starz, and encore but it wouldn't let me and gave me the error 905. My brother tried my dads info for the first time and got right in, lucky him lol. So your getting the code because your either stuck with the first account your Xbox xfinity app is sighned up with or it's because your only aloud one Xbox at a time through the house on the xfinity app. Just like how netflix works in a way. which wouldn't make sense because I tried signing on at my moms with my dads info after I used hers first and it gave me the code, but I can sighn in on her profile at my dads. My mom lives in Chesterton and my dad lives in Michigan city. So the Xbox does not have to be at the address that the Comcast is billed to, in order to access the app on the Xbox.

I hope this helped and was not confusing
New Visitor
nialex

Any updates on this?

New Visitor
kathymf

Same Problem, error 905

I see comcast is no help.

New Visitor
iLikeTaters

Same issue is happening to me.  They transfered my ID to a new account.  I logged out on xbox xfinity app. Now when i try to log back in I get 905 error every time.

Visitor
phantom81x

Re: Xbox Setup Error: "resource key not found" Code 104

I have the same problem

Setup Error

Error905 resource key not found

Code 905

PLEASE HELP! 

New Visitor
Jessabeth

I am having this issue as well. I've got the internet and cable with comcast, xbox gold, on demand on the tv, but get the error 905 when I try to sign in on the xbox. Unlike everyone here, I've never signed in with another account so I'm at a loss here. As for cablebox brand, I'm not too sure. Looks like motorola DCH70. course, that might not be the brand. lol
Contributor

XFINITY XBOX ERROR 905 "RESOURCE KEY NOT FOUND"

[ Edited ]

I purchased an xbox live gold membership.  Downloaded xfinity app.

I subscribe to comcast digital cable / internet.  I have the highest tier of digital programming  with dvr etc.

After entering comcast ID and password, I get " error 905 resource key not found"

I cant find any info on what this means. I am

Stuck,  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: XFINITY XBOX ERROR 905 "RESOURCE KEY NOT FOUND"

Contributor

I read that thread.  It really offered no help.   If you read thru it, I doubt anyone with this error ever got it resolved.  

To summarize,  I meet all of the subscription prerequisites.  It all falls apart upon login.  Error 905 Resource key not found.   Support seems to be non existant for this error.   I purchased the xbox gold subscription soley to acess on demand content. 

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Visitor

Same thing with me.  I get the highest tier of digital programming and all that too.  I even tried resetting my comcast password, but still getting this same error message...frustrating...

New Visitor
evilsquirrel

Also having this same problem...meet all the requirements but recieving the Error905 code. I see its been quite a while since an admin has responded to this problem, which leads me to believe they dont know what they are doing!

New Visitor
jeffro15767

same problem here... customer service please?

New Visitor
evilsquirrel

Customer Service?!? Whats that?! :-P

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

TimFa wrote:

Same thing with me.  I get the highest tier of digital programming and all that too.  I even tried resetting my comcast password, but still getting this same error message...frustrating...

Our team is now looking into your issue too.

Thanks,
Joe

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

jeffro15767 wrote:

same problem here... customer service please?

Our team is looking into this issue.

jeffro15767, please private message me your account number or your Comcast.net e-mail address so I can further look into your account.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
kristina41786

Yea I'm getting the same error on my Xbox live IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING

New Visitor
1shot1k

I am getting the same error 905 to and i meet all the requirements that are need for this services. need help please

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

[ Edited ]

Contributor

Hi, paitently awaiting a resolution.  Posted my help request on Sunday.  It's now the end of the work day on Wednesday.   Thank you !

Contributor
gauderio1

Everybody having this error:

I recently upgraded my comcast cable subscription almost solely to get this feature.  I was very disappointed when after multiple calls and attempts through Comcast customer support that I could not get this error resolved.

Then I told my wife about it.

She remembered that a while back we had an issue with billing where paperless bills were being sent to an email account we didn't know we had through Comcast.  When trying to sign into the app, we had been using the email account associated with the account.  She reccomended trying the username (the xxx part of our xxx@comcast.com email address instead of signing in via xyz@betterfreeemailclient.com).  The password associated with your username is not necessarily the same as what is associated with your non-comcast email login.

If you have trouble, try calling comcast and figuring out what this username is and have the password reset.

Like magic, this completely resolved the issue.

Thought ComcastJoe?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

gauderio1 wrote:

Everybody having this error:

I recently upgraded my comcast cable subscription almost solely to get this feature.  I was very disappointed when after multiple calls and attempts through Comcast customer support that I could not get this error resolved.

Then I told my wife about it.

She remembered that a while back we had an issue with billing where paperless bills were being sent to an email account we didn't know we had through Comcast.  When trying to sign into the app, we had been using the email account associated with the account.  She reccomended trying the username (the xxx part of our xxx@comcast.com email address instead of signing in via xyz@betterfreeemailclient.com).  The password associated with your username is not necessarily the same as what is associated with your non-comcast email login.

If you have trouble, try calling comcast and figuring out what this username is and have the password reset.

Like magic, this completely resolved the issue.

Thought ComcastJoe?

Customers have to sign in with their Comcast credentials for Xbox to be able to verify that they are a Comcast customer.

Many people here have said that they meet all the requirements so I am assuming that they are signing in with their Comcast e-mail addresses.

If you haven't tried signing in with your full Comcast.net e-mail address yet, please do.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
jmb01

Same problem here. Rep on the phone said everything on my account looked fine, but still getting 905 error. Hbo go app is working fine with my login and password.
Visitor

I have been receiving this same 905 error.  I am a Triple Play customer and have mentioned this XBox issue before in this forum.  I have received a couple phone messages from Comcast asking if the issue is resolved.  I appreciate the calls to check on me, but I have heard nothing from Comcast on how to resolve this issue, so it is not resoved.  Same Error 905 code.  Please help, Comcast.  I pay you alot of money each month and expect better service.  Thanks.

Contributor
gauderio1

I signed in to this forum with the same "comcast credentials" (email address not provided by comcast and associated password) that I always sign in to comcast.com with that also works for paying bills AND signing into xfinity.tv AND ALL other comcast functions. However, it was this same login that FAILED (error 905) on the xbox. Using the OTHER login information that other people may not know about (the comcast username (Username@comcast.net) NOT entire email address and associated password) the login worked. 

It is helpful to know that your comcast account has TWO username/email addresses and TWO passwords associated with it. Because the person signing into the xbox may be simply using the wrong one. Thank you.

Contributor
vampalucard2121

I've been dealing with this all week, so i decided to call comcast every single day until a solution was found and they kept giving me tickets and call backs

so here is the deal

You had previously signed in with a user name and password with an old account and your xbox account stil remembers that

call this number and tell them your getting the error code 905 and they will get and ITT tech from xbox live to erase the old info and it should take up to 24 hours 

try to log inafter the 24 hour period and see what happens

i just got off the phone with them so i'm on the 24 wait and i will post and let you know if it worked

Here is the number ----8775991846----

Regular Contributor
LunaStarr

to add to that, they'll prolly need the gamer tag, the current email address and the old one if you know what it was.

Contributor
vampalucard2121

Well, 24 hours still nothing same error

talked to comcast and xbox live

both of them have no solution..

Oblivious

come to find out my other xbox logs in to xfinity just fine but not this xbox

call xbox

call comcast

call this number

call that number

let me transfer you did you try this

Everything i've tried NOTHING

If anyone comes up with a solution just post and help eachother out

i will keep testing and try to figure it out on my own

and keep posting when i have some success

New Visitor
Jrky

I also just upgraded my comcast cable for this feature. Now im getting this error905 message also. This is extremely frustrating. Help please!! And yes, i meet all the requirements!
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Jrky wrote:
I also just upgraded my comcast cable for this feature. Now im getting this error905 message also. This is extremely frustrating. Help please!! And yes, i meet all the requirements!

Our team is looking into your issue now.

TimFa: They left you a message on Friday, did they leave a callback number?

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
Wes24riley

Hey joe,

I have the same issue.  I have the xfinity bundle with phone, cable, and internet.  Thanks for your help with this issue.

New Visitor
diane0311

I'm having the same problem.  Please help me too.

Visitor

Hi all - My issue was just resolved.  You have to make sure to sign into the XBox 360 Xfinity App using your "primary" Comcast ID.  We have more then one ID in our household and even though the ID I was trying to log in with was "unrestricted," I was getting this 905 error.  When I tried to sign into the XBox 360 Xfinity App using our "primary" Comcast ID, I got in without a problem.  Good luck everyone!

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Wes24riley wrote:

Hey joe,

I have the same issue.  I have the xfinity bundle with phone, cable, and internet.  Thanks for your help with this issue.

Try signing in with the primary user account and see if it works.