New Visitor
thomco2000

Xfinity on Xbox Question

I subscribe to Comcast's HD Triple play in NJ.  I am visiting my boyfriend in NY and he has an XBox.  I am trying to set up the new app at his house.  He has Time Warner internet. 

I keep getting an Authentication Failure message.  "The Xfinity License Servier is unavailable. Please close the application and try again later. Code 4004"  Is it possible to use the app at his home or can I only use it in my house?

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Re: Xfinity on Xbox Question

No, to watch XFINITY TV directly on your Xbox 360 you need the following:

-          XFINITY TV with On Demand

-          XFINITY Internet service

-          An Xbox 360 console and Xbox LIVE Gold subscription

-          XFINITY TV app installed (the XFINITY TV app is available from the Xbox Marketplace)

-          The primary Comcast account holder’s Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password

and you need to have all of those at the location where you're trying to use it.

New Visitor
jerschobel

So you're telling me that if I have Xfinity at home, but have my Xbox at school with me, I'm out of luck? It seems ridiculous that you'll allow me to stream from your website on a non-Xfinity connection, but not from an app on a device that's inherently connected to a television.

New Visitor
bsb614

So my parents have Xfinity at home and I am away at college. I can stream online all I want, but you are saying that there is NO WAY I WILL EVER BE ABLE TO EVER USE Xfinity on my Xbox 360 unless I am in the same house as them? I am just making sure. I keep thinking I am getting an error on my xbox. If it doesn't work just please tell me Administrator so I can stop wasting my time!

On a side note, it doesn't make any sense that you would have to be in the same house to use it. Why would I use my xbox if I was in the same house as my cable box? I would just use my cable box! I seriously hope I was misinformed and that I can use it here while I am off in college.  

New Visitor
Johnrr631992

Same here. I am away at college, and My parents have Xfinity with all the shows, premium channels, and everything. I pay the bill through my bank account. now your telling me that I cannot watch the service I PAY FOR at college because i am not in the same house. First you don't let me use the HBO GO app, now this. Are you kidding me. Please tell me you are kidding me, because I will shut down this service tonight if this is the case.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

[ Edited ]

bsb614 &

New Visitor
Johnrr631992

I would suggest my entire campus switch from brighthouse internet to comcast, but that would be a trick, and I am pretty sure it is not offered in this remote part of FLorida.. Hopefully you can work this out and put this to non Xfinity internet users, because it is pretty ridiculous and stupid.

New Visitor
dsalkin4

You guys (& 1 girl--sorry Catherine) at Comcast really should at least explain yourselves, no?

But you guys are like, "Shucks you stupid college students. What a great idea! We will totally consider it for our next release."

And what, re-charge paying customers? Except you don't even offer that? What a joke? Some business model.

The only people interested in watching Xfinity content on an Xbox are those who don't have cable and those that do but currently live elsewhere.

http://gigaom.com/broadband/the-technical-and-legal-realities-of-comcasts-xbox-cap-spat/

For those who have been patiently waiting for this app, read this and it will explain.
New Visitor

This is TOTALLY ridiculous!! The point of having this app is so you can access it when not normally possible. So now I can have an app on my Xbox that does the exact same thing my cable box does sitting right next to it!? How stupid. It's just sheer greed! So if I go out of town to a place that doesnt offer Comcast Internet I'm up a creek even though my bill is paid and I have Xbox live Gold!? What a rip!
New Visitor
gerbilz

Unbelievable that I am paying for both HBO and Xfinity and cannot access either on my 360 because I am at college.  

New Visitor
gutter89

This whole situation has deeply scared my opinion of Comcast. Like other posters, I'm at college, but have xfinity at home. I can't get the Xfinity app because we have an obsure ISP at my appartment complex. FURTHERMORE, because my HBO subscription is through Comcast, I can't even watch HBO GO.

If you want me to use Xfinity instead of HBO GO, then let me actually use Xfinity. This is why I pay for Netflix, and am switching to another provider. Comcast is the ONLY provider who treats their subscribers like slaves who should live by their every whim, not by what is convenient for the CUSTOMER.

I'm discusted by Comcast's abuse of power over its customers. We aren't paying for the privelidge of being Comcast customers, and if Comcast can't deliver what I want, I say goodbye!

New Visitor
VerbalGrump

These comcast guys DO NOT know what they're talking about. There are more things that you currently need at this time. 

1. you need to log in with the PRIMARY ACCOUNT!!! and not any secondary account. So if your parents hold the primary account you would need their login info.

2. they also forgot to mention that the reason you need xfinity internet at the location is because, YES this does not count towards your hourly usage but the streaming OnDemand comes from comcast's private servers which are authenticated through your modem which is registered through a certain account.

3. there are also more reasons but I can't think of them right now. It's sad that these admins won't give ALL the info you all really NEED.

everything is verified with the registered modem at the location and when I tried to login with my parents primary account with all the premium channels it wouldn't let me because the modem is registered with a different primary comcast account (my actual comcast account)

We are all SOL and I'm stuck watching HBO GO and Xfinity through my computer and iPad. At least I still get to watch all the premium OnDemand for free still(just wish I can watch them through my TV.

New Visitor
gutter89

The reason it's being done is to keep non-comcast watchers from watching Comcast. Yes, they have it set up to run specifically on their modems and servers, that's exactly the problem. The argument here isn't the technical reason Comcast has these limitations, the argument is that they shouldn't have to. Comcast has a long history of being an internet control freak, and this is only an extention of that.

New Visitor
New Visitor
Ocx

I pay for Comcast (cable, internet, and phone) at my house and at my studio workplace I have an Xbox. I would have gotten Comcast for my internet connection at my studio, but since it's considered a business address, I would have had to pay the ridiculous expensive business price -- even though it's just me alone in a room. Instead, I went with an internet provider that didn't gouge me.

I was excited when Xbox Live expanded to include Xfinity and HBO GO. Well, for about five minutes.

I PAY FOR COMCAST ALREADY. Why can't I sign in using my email and p/w and watch the Xfinity app? Why would I even need to use the app if I was home? I have a cablebox with on-demand for all of my TVs? It makes zero sense!

I won't even go into the HBO GO stuff -- because that's just Comcast being sleazy.

Thanks for putting the customer second!

New Visitor
gutter89

More like putting the customer last, after anything and everything than can find to give priority to.

I can't help but wonder what Comcast would think if it didn't have any of those pesky customers.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

We have an update with Xbox, check out our Corporate Blog link:

http://blog.comcast.com/2012/04/hbogo-now-available-on-xbox-360-for-xfinity-customers.html

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
New Visitor
Ocx

That's great, but it still seems like a moot point to me. I pay over $200 per month at home for Comcast, but at my work studio, I have another provider. On my PC at my work studio, I can access the Xfinity app, but it seems that I still won't be able to access it with my Xbox. And from the way your email is worded, it seems like -- because of this -- I still won't be able to log into HBO GO.

Let me know if I'm reading your reply wrong...or if you've only solved half of the problems that everyone is complaining about.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

You need to be on comcasts network to use the xbox app as it authorizes the router, if you work studio is another provider it will not work there. 

New Visitor
Jayare0125

[ Edited ]
I'm unhappy with this service
Contributor
werds

OK, so silly question and probably bumping an old thread but it looked relevant to my question.

I have Xfinity internet and TV service at my home.

I have an Xbox 360 setup and have the Xfinity app downloaded

I have an Xbox Live Gold membership active

This Xbox is a general use media extender so when it is turned on it does NOT automatically login and because it is used as an extender it quite often skips login (if you look at the sign in screen it even has a skip login button).

Do I have to actively sign in to my specific avatar in order to make use of the Xfinity app? Seems like a wonky restriction that increases the hassle but just wanted to ask (I cannot test myself as currently the Xfinity app claims I do not have Xfinity so it will not authenticate).

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

werds wrote:

OK, so silly question and probably bumping an old thread but it looked relevant to my question.

I have Xfinity internet and TV service at my home.

I have an Xbox 360 setup and have the Xfinity app downloaded

I have an Xbox Live Gold membership active

This Xbox is a general use media extender so when it is turned on it does NOT automatically login and because it is used as an extender it quite often skips login (if you look at the sign in screen it even has a skip login button).

Do I have to actively sign in to my specific avatar in order to make use of the Xfinity app? Seems like a wonky restriction that increases the hassle but just wanted to ask (I cannot test myself as currently the Xfinity app claims I do not have Xfinity so it will not authenticate).

"the Xfinity app claims I do not have Xfinity so it will not authenticate" - what error message are you getting?

Also, I got your private message. Thank you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
werds

[ Edited ]

*Edit*

the exact wording as follows -

We were unable to activate Xfinity TV on Xbox 360.This service requires Xfinity TV. You can sign up for XFINITY TV by contacting us at 1-800-XFINITY.

CODE 807

Now I know I have it because  my bill shows that I have the HD Preferred Plus Triple Play package so while browsing this forum looking for more info on using the app I ran across this thread.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

werds wrote:

*Edit*

the exact wording as follows -

We were unable to activate Xfinity TV on Xbox 360.This service requires Xfinity TV. You can sign up for XFINITY TV by contacting us at 1-800-XFINITY.

CODE 807

Now I know I have it because  my bill shows that I have the HD Preferred Plus Triple Play package so while browsing this forum looking for more info on using the app I ran across this thread.

Thank you.

Someone will reach out to you by phone within the next 72 hours. If you are not available, they will leave a message so please check your voicemail.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
werds

Thanks Joe! They called today but I missed it as I was out mowing the lawn. But after checking the message I checked the Xbox Xfinity App and now it is functioning and logged in properly!

=)

New Visitor
teckneekggk

I'm having the same issue... I try to log into hbo go via web and it says

Access to this content requires XFINITY TV subscription.*

Call 1-800-XFINITY to subscribe.

Questions? Please see FAQs

* Requirements • XFINITY TV subscription (with a set top box or other device supporting Video ON DEMAND) • The network you are trying to watch must be included in your service.

I dont get it because I'm subscribed to hbo through comcast and I'm using my comcast internet.. so what is the problem?
New Visitor
teckneekggk

I've also tried using the hbo go app and same problem
New Visitor
JBerm03

Hope this can be answered.

The Xfinity TV subscription is under my account.

The Comcast internet is under my son's account.

We are trying to get the Xfinity app to work on his xbox360 and it will not work. 

Thank you.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

JBerm03 wrote:

Hope this can be answered.

The Xfinity TV subscription is under my account.

The Comcast internet is under my son's account.

We are trying to get the Xfinity app to work on his xbox360 and it will not work. 

Thank you.

Both XFINITY TV and XFINITY Internet must be on the same account for the XFINITY TV app for Xbox to work.

Sorry,
Joe

New Visitor
JBerm03

ComcastJoe wrote:

Both XFINITY TV and XFINITY Internet must be on the same account for the XFINITY TV app for Xbox to work.

Sorry,
Joe

Then how does the above examples of the kids going away to college and still being able to use the APP work?

Thanks again.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

JBerm03 wrote:

Then how does the above examples of the kids going away to college and still being able to use the APP work?

Thanks again.

Q: If I don’t have either or both XFINITY TV or XFINITY Internet, can I use XFINITY TV directly on my Xbox 360?

A: No, you must subscribe to XFINITY TV with On Demand and XFINITY Internet. To order, please visit www.comcast.com or call 1-800-XFINITY.

Your son will need to add a Digital Starter package with an On Demand box to his account.

Go here to see the rest of our Xbox 360 FAQ:

http://xbox.comcast.net/faqs.html

Sorry,
Joe

New Visitor
codydurgin

I agree, this is pretty rediculous. We have username and password, and pay for the service. Just like Netflix, it shouldn't matter where we are, as long as we pay for our service and have proof of it by being able to log in, we should be all set. I own a house in Mass and New Hampshire, but in NH we have Metrocast, which sucks, but I can only watch stuff on my computer and not my Xbox. Please change this Comcast!

New Visitor
smudester

actually just get the HBO GO app on xbox. that you dont have to be on a comcast network because HBO actually understands why someone would want shows and movies on xbox.

Contributor
werds

Joe,

Following up again in this thread because you were able to assist me the last time I had an issue. This one is partially a request for clarification.

I purchased a SECOND Xbox 360 for my home as I use them as media extenders. I went to download the Xfinity App onto the newest Xbox and during login in with my primary account recieved the exact same 807 error as on the previous one.

Now this time I called the Xfinity.com number and was shocked by what the response was. They stated that I, the primary account holder, can only have ONE Xfinity App in the whole household. Even if I was to download it onto a second Xbox in the household they can only associate the allowance to ONE specific Xbox and no more than that.

My question, is this correct or was the customer service rep misunderstanding? If so, was this specific restriction listed on the Xbox Live site or somewhere easy to read and understand? Not that it changes my owning a second Xbox, it merely creates an inconvenience and reduces the likelihood of us making purchases through it by being restricted in such a manner...

Any help in clarifying this practice would be much appreciated!

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

werds wrote:

Joe,

Following up again in this thread because you were able to assist me the last time I had an issue. This one is partially a request for clarification.

I purchased a SECOND Xbox 360 for my home as I use them as media extenders. I went to download the Xfinity App onto the newest Xbox and during login in with my primary account recieved the exact same 807 error as on the previous one.

Now this time I called the Xfinity.com number and was shocked by what the response was. They stated that I, the primary account holder, can only have ONE Xfinity App in the whole household. Even if I was to download it onto a second Xbox in the household they can only associate the allowance to ONE specific Xbox and no more than that.

My question, is this correct or was the customer service rep misunderstanding? If so, was this specific restriction listed on the Xbox Live site or somewhere easy to read and understand? Not that it changes my owning a second Xbox, it merely creates an inconvenience and reduces the likelihood of us making purchases through it by being restricted in such a manner...

Any help in clarifying this practice would be much appreciated!

Did you call 1-800-XFINITY or our Xbox dedicated support line (1-877-599-1846)?

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
werds

[ Edited ]

1800 Xfinity and than they transferred me to a specific department after the first CSR said it wasn't their department that handled it.

*Edit* Called the 877 number provided, ran through several power cycles and some troubleshooting and still received an error code 807.

Only difference in this go around is that it is a second xbox in the house and I am using a different gamer tag.

CSR on the 877 number escalated the ticket after she verified my account showed I had everything needed for the app to be activated..

New Visitor
somedudebro

Hi Joe,

I wanted to follow up on your response to bsb614 and Johnrr631992, because we have a similar situation with our son.

We have both comcast television and internet and our son has comcast internet. We would like to use the xfinity app on his xbox when we visit him. However, when we attempt to log in on his xbox it gives us a Code 806 v1.39. It says, "Setup Error. We were unable to activate XFINITY TV on Xbox 360. We could not detect a compatible cable modem..."

Our son is using a Motorola SB6121 modem which should work, based on the approved modems list. What can you do to fix this situation?

New Visitor
PureScript

The Xbox App is completely and utterly useless. It doesn't benefit anyone. If it is isn't going to work properly Microsoft should remove the App. If you need to be at home to watch your OnDemand content, which is available through other means, such as mobile or PC, then why even include the App. If I'm at home I would have a cable box to watch OnDemand content. I'm going to make a giant write up about this on all Social Media websites. I assume the reason is for security reasons, but you aren't giving access to live television. You are just giving OnDemand content that is suscribed to be the user anyway. It is available to the user through the website, although the content on the XBOX app is more up to date with the newest content. It doesn't make sense to do this to customers as they are why you stay in business. This was probably put into place to prevent people from trying to use other peoples accounts at different locations, but you don't really get much and it doesn't take away from business. If you really wanted to you could actually just do this through remote servers anyway and watch live television as well as OnDemand. It is a poor business decision. The more customers talking about the great XBOX app and people being able to use it at others houses will definitely grow your customer base. There may be a few individuals that benefit from allowing them to access the content elsewhere, but in general giant corporations don't realize that their customers are their biggest billboards. The customer is the best advertisment/marketing campaign. Television adverstisement and flyers do absolutely nothing and waste corporations money. People sign up because they know others that give good reviews for the service or they are impressed at an aquintences that show them things they can do with the service. All advertisement that works is through word of mouth. That is why Apple has had so much success. They sell the brand. They are far behind in the technology department, but they market the brand and the look. Design is what sells. One person has the phone. Shows another person. Just like popularity works in school. It works the same way in marketing. Once again your customers are you biggest billboards. If they shout to the roof tops of how impressed and wonderful their Xfinity experience is. You will have life long customers and your enrollments in the service will increase exponentially. It isn't what you provide. It is how it is provided and your reputation. I could put out the most technologically advanced best service ever for free. If It is not marketed it will not be used. You have to get your product into the right hands and keep those hands happy.

New Visitor
New Visitor
ysf

This is really stupid. Please fix this app in XBOX 360 or give us an ETA asap. Or Else just remove the App from XBox marketplace

New Visitor
sirdiesolot

I'm facing pretty much the same issue. I have the xfinity triple play set up at my home in NJ, which I pay for and maintain for my family; however, I'm in the military and currently reside overseas where comcast internet is unavailable. I brought my 360 with me and can watch Hulu but I can't watch xfinity because there is only one internet provider in this location and it's not comcast. My family can log into xfinity but they have 3 cable boxes and a dvr so they don't need to! Come on comcast, straighten this out. I can log into my account and watch xfinity TV on my laptop but not my xbox? How does that make sense? Let me put in my username and password or have some type of validation code using Mac address authentication with a limited number of approved devices (similar to apple products and the limited number of computers they can be linked to) built into the users xfinity account with the ability to authorize/de-authorize as needed. The current system is archaic and needs to be replace before comcast is.

Visitor
ariffeysmwc1

[ Edited ]

You should be able to watch HBO GO...all you have to do is go to the HBOGo website and sign up/in, then download their app and watch it on your xbox anywhere or even on your phone. I've always been able to do this for about a year now, and I signed up for HBO through comcast.

New Visitor
parks1957

I'm trying to download the Xfinity app on my xbox 360 (second one in the house) and I get an error that I need both Xfinity TV and Xfinity Internet which I have the triple-play bundle.  My question is--do I need to have a set-top box dedicated to this tv in order to download the xfinity app on my xbox?  I have a brand new Vizio smart tv and have the cable hooked up directly to the tv and don't want to go through a cable box.

New Visitor
omay3

Re: Xfinity on XBOX Question

I know this is an old post but I have been trying to use the Xfinity app on my XBOX for a little while now and it hasn't worked so I Google it to find a reason and came across this thread. The answer ComcastJoe give is the most ridiculous excuse Comcast could give. I use your cable service because I have no other choice but Comcast in my area to give me what I need. However the internet service I had for 5 years and had nothing but trouble. It would never work. I was made promises by customer service and lied to. I tried for almost 2 years to get the internet fixed could not. Comcast is the worst company on the face of the planet (and if I wasn't stuck with the worst company on the face of the planet) because I have no other choice I would have dropped their cable service too. I would never go back to the internet service the offer even if they paid me to use their internet service. Because I need service that actually worked. So maybe if you had internet service that worked I would use it but you don't so now I have to use another provider. COMCAST IS HORRIBLE!!!! I HATE COMCAST!!! Now because of your terrible service I can't use your XBOX app. RIDICULOUS!!!  

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

post by awalk2512 removed.

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

New Visitor
tomhanson7225

Hi- I'm trying to use the Xfinity app(also can't use my hbo go which isn't being shared) on my Xbox 360. I have used it in the past 4 or so months but now I can't. The code 7339 pops up & something about being "timed out". I have tried to find info on this but with no such luck. I let a friend of mine on a different console/live account(he has Xfinity internet) have access to it. This is the only thing that has changed since I started. I looked online on both xbox & comcast help but found nothing to discourage me from this action. Is this why? Or is it something else? If so could you put a notification on the support page. Thank you.

New Visitor
EMK84

I have been trying for MONTHS to use the XFinityTV on my XBOX and have never been able to use it sucessfully. I am always kicked completely offline after being given Error 7008 or 7405. I have re-installed at least 7 or 8 times and clear the cache regularly and nothing has worked. Everytime I get this error I have to exit from the APP and sign back into XBOX live. I have Cable w/ on demand and internet service through Comcast. EXTREMELY frustrating. This is all on top of the fact that Comcast has blocked access to HBO Go (and the other pay channels) on Roku...apparently I am not allowed to use a service that I pay for as I see fit. 

At least tell me how to fix the freakin issue with the Xfinity TV app on XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
Mr305

I am an Xfinity customer. I have everything you need in order to watch Comcast on your xbox. It used to work for me then all of a sudden it stop working an I've been receiving error messages/codes. Can anyone tell me how or what I should do to fix the proble,

New Visitor
PTerrero

Why is the HD quality of Xfinity's app on Xbox so terrible? I always click on the HD option of the OnDemand show but it's all pixelated? I know it's not my Internet connection because Netflix and Hulu show everything in HD. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks in advance for any help. 

New Visitor

Yeah I think I'm canceling as well. I just recently got it and am having this issue. It's been two years since this post has been made and it's still the same way. Comcast is such a rip off.
New Visitor
shadeirt

I think it's kinda stupid that I can use the on-demand app on my kindle using a secondary account and not the 360 on-demand app as well it doesn't make any sense.

New Visitor
germainrobinson

Xfinity on Xbox One Question

Hello Comcast.  I have the tripple play bundle and on my Xbox One I use my Xfinity app to watch shows on demand.  Just yesterday I was watching Surviving Jack from my FOX app and today I get the message "Sorry, Login Successful, But You're Not Authorized to View this Content." when I try to watch any show from my FOX app.  What happened in the span of 9 hours to prevent me from watching what should be accessible to me?

Thank you for your time,

Germain Robinson.