Contributor

error 36895

I have a digital preferred pkg with all Movie Channels add on. When I try to watch some of the channels on VOD, I get an error 36895. I have contacted 5 different customer service people and still have no resolution.

The one thing that everyone agrees on is that I should be able to watch the channels free, but for some reason, they're not working. I was finally able to contact a rep last night that said there was a "list" of other people having the same problem and he would put my name on it. He didn't, however, know when or what they would do with the list. I can't view these channels on either of my HDDVR or digital cable boxes. Anyone have any ideas?  Also, I woke up this morning and the last signal refresh that was sent to me made VOD disappear. Now I have to figure out how to get it back. This is so frustrating!  Also, just because this is Houston, doesn't mean that everyone speaks Spanish. The first 4 people that I spoke with had such a thick accent that I could barely understand some of what they said. Sorry for venting, but this is just so difficult to deal with.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: error 36895

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified of your issues and will follow up.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

--

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have escalated this issue and someone from your local region will be contacting you soon.

Thank You
-Keisha-
Contributor

Thank you very much. I will be waiting to hear from them.

New Visitor
jeh13

I, as many others, have the error code 38695 when I try and watch any program on demand on the Nat geo channel. I have spoken to over 10 reps and have gotten the same run around as many have. I have had so many signals sent to my box it's crazy. I have had my box replaced and still get the response, "we don't know". I thought I was getting somewhere when a tech rep seemed like he was going to take ownership of my case. He gave me a ticket number and said he was sending it to engineering. He said he would call me everyday even if there was no news on the ticket. Well, I have not heard from him, surprise, surprise. My ticket was supposed to be worked within 48 hours and that was MANY< MANY hours ago. What drives me crazy is the LACK of customer service. I have called AT LEAST 10 times about this issue and would you believe that every time I call I am told that there are no notes about my account and I basically have to start over. FIOUS is $$$$$$$$, I don't want satellite so, where now. Come on COMCAST, give me my money's worth.

New Visitor
CPB2210

I got the same problem called customer service twice and twice they reset signal same problem. It looks we are on the twilight zone. Is the world coming to an end or is it just people doesn't care?
Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

[ Edited ]

Thank You
-Keisha-
Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Thank You
-Keisha-
Visitor
CGTate

We have had this same problem since we had comcast install Digital Preferred Package w 3 free months of HBO.  We got HD service, HD DVR boxes and Internet service.  It was a "clean" or new installation with the service technician running new cable to the connection on the house and into each room.  The On-Demand "works" with the exception of certain supposedly free channels like Comedy Central, FX, MTV, BET which all say we must "purchase a subscription" to view this and gives me the same error code.  I have called at least 4 times with the same answer that does not work by "sending a signal" to our boxes, unplugging, resetting, etc. The problem is NOT on our end.  There has to be some misinformation in the the system about our account as well as many others it looks like or something to that extent.  With as many people that are having the same problem you would think Comcast or someone on that end would try to get to root of the system error to make their current and recently new customers happy as well as prevent potential new customers coming on board from being disappointed with their choice or chosing Comcast from day one with this problem.  I would appreciate for my account to be added to the growing list of customers experiencing this problems and maybe even a little credit put on the account since evidently we are NOT getting what we paid for.

Thank You,

CGTate

New Visitor
tiffanylee54

Is your cable box a RNG 110 model ? If so and you choose to contact the video support department have them first make sure your rate (package) codes are on that particular box , then they should send an initialize signal. If you have a screen that has all of this information then says refresh at the bottom the representative you speak to should send a signal to pair the cablecard and box seriel # ( some cable boxes have a cable card) this should fix the issue with error 36895

Visitor
CGTate

Our box is a RNG200N, so ?  And one more thing is when I try to use Xfinity TV on the computer and watch on-demand online it tells me that I have to susbscribe to Comedy Central, BET, FX (same issues as watching through our cable box). However I have no problem watching ondemand HBO, Encore, etc.. on the computer or on our box.  This tells me that since the box and the on-line site (I've tried several computers) are telling me the same thing, that my account is not authorized or I have to buy a subscription to watch a free channel that is included with our package that the issue is not with our box it has to be with the account, right?  I mean I'm not accessing our account and on-demand service through the box when I try to use it on-line and a laptop, so what now?

New Visitor
alycatt

I'm having this same issue.  When I try to watch TVLand onDemand, it says that I have to buy the show and when I click on BUY, I get the message that I have to subscribe err 36895. Thanks for any help.

New Visitor
AnthonySA

Add me to the list of people with this issue. I have been in contact with support 3 nights in a row for over 2 hours. Multiple Box and account refresh signals sent. No luck so far still not working online or ondemand.  Getting very irritated