New Visitor
valhallian81

no ps3 support for hbo go?

I tried using my hbo go on the ps3, but comcast is not listed as one of the supported cable companies, any plans to change this in the near future?

Contributor
mcclenj1

Re: no ps3 support for hbo go?

I would also like to use hbo go on my ps3. It should be allowed considering that it's available for xbox 360. Don't understand why comcast is not on the ball here like other cable providers.

New Visitor
CaumcastHatesUs

[ Edited ]
Sadly you'll never see comcast support the ps3. For whatever reason they don't feel it is in their best interests to support the the most prevalent devices on order to watch a service on their network that you and I are paying good money for. Don't believe me? Go research hbo go on the roku. We've all been waiting for that to be an included device for years. Literally multiple years. Going back to 2011 or so. We've reached out. We've voiced our interest. We pay through the roof for comcast services. They still laugh and ignore. It will never happen. Just as it never happened on the roku. Please don't hold your breath. Please.
New Visitor
ccmf69

I just chatted with a Communistcast "customer service" rep who said it would be available within 48 hours...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...I think I pulled something...

New Visitor
oneofthejohns

Well, you got more than I did. I got a non-answer of directing me to the devices in which Comcast currently supports HBO Go with. 

New Visitor
Jeffhef

How about skipping to the chase and release a Xfinity app for the PS3 and PS4?
New Visitor
duvlove2

I hope they support the PS3 soon.

New Visitor
C_Dale

Same thing happened with me I tried customer service but they were completely useless.
Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (language filter circumvention). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

New Visitor
seether98

They support Xbox 360. So I think you may be wrong.
Contributor
bustastuff

No you're terribly wrong, they support 360 and Samsung TVs but PS3 is an unsupported device...
New Visitor
AngryFans

This is ridiculous, get it together comcast.  

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (language filter circumvention). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Contributor
RafaelPastran

God I hate these thieving A-Holes. When have they ever done anything for their customers? Get HBOgo working on my PS3 or I swear to god I'M DONE WITH YOU THIEVES!!!!!! I hate Comcast! God I hate them!
New Visitor
Teddyb20

I plan on canceling. Xfinity rarely monitors these forums so don't expect a reply, but you can only vote with your money. I had just gotten back to cable too. Be part of the solution to this growing problem folks and cut the cord. I'll give it the supposed 24 hours but won't hold my breath.
New Visitor
valhallian81

will be moving soon, the apt i'm currently staying in has a deal with them because they are the only service allowed here, but once I move in a couple months cancelling this terrible service. outsourced customer support to korea, never a straight answer. poor on demand reliabilty.

Contributor
hideflomein

We switched from FIOS 3 months ago to save on our internet/TV bill, and now I'm remembering why I left Comcast in the first place.

I tried to chat with an agent, but they were pretty much useless. Usual bit: not supported, will make a note to the engineers.

Either raise a big enough stink to get it fixed, or move elsewhere - early termination fees be darned.

Contributor
sgjunior

Comcast removed my non-offensive negative post to this thread about their lack of support for HBO Go for PS3

Visitor

They confirmed on Twitter it's not available on PS3 for Comcast users, but that they're always looking to improve yada yada same old excuses.
New Visitor
victorrio2958

I was so excited today finally having HBO on my PS3 aaaannnnddddd Comcast finds a way to ruin it. Are you kidding me? Not good Comcast. I mean real shoddy business. This is 100% unacceptable.

New Visitor
tenovertwelve

Is there any official word on this at all? Why would they let Xbox 360 work but not PS3? I was so excited to finally have HD HBO that looks half way decent. Comcast's cable box stuff looks poorly compressed.

New Visitor
selection

Another example of discrimination based on which company you buy your game console from.  Why should Playstation even invest money in putting the app out when comcast and time warner cable merge and now if you live in a metropolitan area 80%+ of your cable/internet provider will be one company? No point in putting out an app that probably 50% of your console owners can't acess it. Meanwhile comcast can jerk consumers around as it builds up it's pseudomonopoly.

New Visitor

I would like to know about this issue as well. Came home after hearing the good news that HBOGo is available on my PS3 to watch True Detective and quickly became angry seeing that Comcast does not support it. I pay them to get HBO and they block it? HBOGo has a list a list of other providers including Cox, Charter, Dish, and Directv, but no Comcast. Maybe I wil have to give one of them a call since they seem to know what is going on.

New Visitor
awhellno

Sorry but I don't think it will be available. I talked to CSR and they said nothing in works right now.
Apparently Sony didn't want to pay off the mob like Microsoft did to get it for us...and why should they.
I am considering discontinuing service...
I made the the decision to go with PS...and comcast will not be making it for me.
New Visitor
troutmask71

That's insane.  I chatted online with a rep this morning and was told that it's in the works.  Of course, she also claimed that they're working on supporting the Roku.  I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

New Visitor
rotng

Serious case of deja vu here. It only took Comcast like a week before caving into the complaints and giving the Xbox app support. Did they think less people would notice this time?
New Visitor
Lipika

Comcast once again proves why it is consistently rated as among the worst companies in America: by ACTIVELY WITHHOLDING services for which its customers have already paid. Bravo Comcast, bravo.

New Visitor
walkertchewy

I been on with support for a few min now to see if i could get a answer, the last guy said let me transfer you to a "concerned party", that was about 10 min ago still waiting on someone to come answer. I asked them if HBO GO was supported by comcast on the PS3, that I couldnt find them on the list in order to activate it.

This was on 3/5/14 at 9pm ish:

analyst Mohd has entered room

Mohd: Hello me, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Mohd. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Mohd: It's a privilege to have you here on chat and I am looking forward to provide you excellent service!

,me: My Issue: hbo go for playstation 3

Mohd: Hello me.

me: hi

Mohd: How are you doing today?

Mohd: Are you not able to watch hbo go?

me: i was trying to figure out if comcast was supporting hbogo for the PS3

me: i cant find comcast on the list to activate the hbo go on the playstation 3

Mohd: I need to transfer this chat to concerned department now.

me: i assume thats what i have to do

Mohd: Shall I transfer?

me ok

Mohd: Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

Waiting for response from Mohd

Him or no one else ever returned................................................

great customer service there.

Thought I would try again with another rep:

The next 2 reps were helpfull and spent about 20 min trying to find out information but the ultimate answer came down too:

Hendry: As of the moment, the option to have HBOGo app in your PS3 is not yet available. We are currently negotiating its availability through the network providers. Do not worry, we will keep you posted through the ads as soon as it will be available for use. I will tag your account as a top priority.

me: does it look like it will be anytime soon? because if Comcast is not going to allow it, I will need to switch cable providers.

Hendry: We still dont have a timeframe yet.

me: ok thank you very much

New Visitor
daemoniscinxi

I also spoke with them over chat. I was able to get them to at least confirm that they were working on it, but he could not give me any timeframe as to when it would be released.

Mario: To address your concern today, I have informed you the reason why HBO GO is not yet supported on PS3 for Xfinity because it is still a work in progress feature that is not yet finish and not yet ready for launching. I have made a note in your account about this concern so you will be contacted by our development once we are ready to launch this service.

So hopefully this isn't just a line of bull and they are actually doing something about it.

New Visitor
Opie76

daemoniscinxi wrote:

I also spoke with them over chat. I was able to get them to at least confirm that they were working on it, but he could not give me any timeframe as to when it would be released.

Mario: To address your concern today, I have informed you the reason why HBO GO is not yet supported on PS3 for Xfinity because it is still a work in progress feature that is not yet finish and not yet ready for launching. I have made a note in your account about this concern so you will be contacted by our development once we are ready to launch this service.

So hopefully this isn't just a line of bull and they are actually doing something about it.

Umm, the App is built and now released to the public.  What exactly does Comcast have to "finish" to make this happen?  They are blocking a service that we pay for on a device we own because they were not able to squeeze money from SONY? That's what it sounds like to me.  They don't have to develop anything on their end.  Just don't block the internet connection to this APP.  

New Visitor
sf_brian

It's hard to understand what Comcast's thinking is, since some devices work fine and a few others are blocked (yet work with virtually every other cable provider).  I'm hoping Comcast is just lazy and incompenent (it's usual state of affairs) and we'll have it soon, but I suspect they want to keep us watching as much content through their devices as possible, even when it's not really theirs.

Regular Contributor

This is absolute garbage, and Comcast is a garbage company.

New Visitor
Jrb1024

This really is unbelievable. I'm seeing small time mom and pop cable companies from the next town over on this list but a major company like Comcast is "still working on getting it added". Please. Stop giving everyone a reason to be dissatisfied with the way your company operates. This may be the final complaint that makes me switch cable providers.
New Visitor
darkpassenger1

I would go back to Directv (who was my provider for 10 years) but I like the internet speed I get with cable. Any suggestions?

New Visitor
vanhiscers

[ Edited ]

Here's what we should do, including the folks that have Roku: We should call their customer service at least once a week if not often; file all kind of complaints to organizations that protect consumer rights. Basically, create as much pain as possible for as many department of Comcast as possible till they authenticate HBO Go on Roku and PS3.

New Visitor
tearrizon

It's unnacceptable that Comcast isn't supporting the PS3 HBO Go app. I'm already paying too much for Comcast, and this is just one more reason to be annoyed. I hope this gets changed soon.

New Visitor
Lemko

I agree, this needs to be addressed by Comcast, everyone who views this thread should comment in it-4000+views and fewer than 50 responses-they wont do anything if there is only a minority that cares.

New Visitor
neowylif

This is why im considering switching to att u-verse - $40 for internet and HBO Go - its not quite as fast as comcast(18vs26) but i never get top speeds anyway and I hate the idea of being restricted from something i am paying for:

I bought a PS3,

I bought a roku,

I pay for internet service,

I pay for HBO+HBOGO

and comcast has decided that i cant watch it the way i want on my tv?

New Visitor
brownlg

Just chiming in to say that I want HBO GO for the PS3 supported by Comcast. I wonder how it is that ALL those other cable providers can be on board, but not Comcast.

Contributor
Sad_panda156

I too cannot understand why comcast is refusing to support PS3 and Roku users with HBO streaming. I bought it, I should be able to use it through whatever compatible device that I please. Like many, this is probably the straw that breaks the camel's back that makes me start looking at other ISPs in my area that will actually provide the services that you are buying. 

New Visitor
ditters123

Just voicing my irritation on here with comcast. I an done as soon as my contract is over unless this is fixed. This is the sort of thing that has soured so many people i know with comcast.
New Visitor
farmerisme

Comcast CSRs are saying the same thing now as they were earlier in the week, that their engineers are working on a solution but there is no time table for it to be available.  Just like all my previous interactions with Comcast support, they will say anything just to get you off the phone or chat, I have no faith that any work is being done to support access.  How is it better business to make enemies of your customers?  I pay for all these services through Comcast, I want to pay for these services, just let me use them when you charge me for them.  It would be so easy to keep customers satisfied, I don't understand why Comcast goes out of their way to make these horrible PR decisions that make everyone hate them.

New Visitor
SilentDeth

This is infuriating. I will be looking into other cable options if this isn't resolved quickly.
Contributor
bustastuff

It's because they are an unopposed #1 and they are worried about keeping that stranglehold as we all transition into new media options like what WWE has done and launched a stand alone Netflix like channel.

If we could buy our channels a la carte, how many people would buy into the bloated channel packages that they have now?

Comcast should focus on treating customers well so that they consider them as a viable option with all of the options on the horizon.
New Visitor
furgolm

Would love to use my PS3 to watch HBO GO. Been a Comcast customer for TV and Internet for almost two years and think this is a small request to make considering access to HBO Go is supposed to be part of my Comcast package. Frustrated!
Regular Contributor

And of course there's no reply from Comcast in this thread.  Nice.

New Visitor
kirbyepsilon

I have been with comcast for only a month and I think  I want to cancel the service to switch to att. The lack of ps3.support may the last staw if support does not begin soon. The fact comcast has not made a definate yes or no to ps3 support is insulting to thier customers.

Contributor
bustastuff

Its important that people don't forget/accept the fact that we haven't got a real response from any comcast rep and there's no timetable to fix the issue.

We need to raise more of a stink until there's a response or we get HBO go to actually work.
New Visitor
sunweb

Quite disgusting act by Comcast. This is only an issue because they made it one.

Maybe they'll reply one day.

Contributor
bustastuff

[ Edited ]
I asked a mod and he said that he'll pass it on for a response in the thread.

I wouldn't hold my breath on it actually being an answer that we want though.