Regular Contributor
swingingby

shows not on demand anymore, but online now

A few days ago I watched 2 shows On Demand, and now they are gone.  I can watch them online using the network they aired on, but I prefer to see them on my TV.  My rates just went up $8 and I am getting worse service.  Please explain to me.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: shows not on demand anymore, but online now

swingingby wrote:

A few days ago I watched 2 shows On Demand, and now they are gone.  I can watch them online using the network they aired on, but I prefer to see them on my TV.  My rates just went up $8 and I am getting worse service.  Please explain to me.

What show are you referring to? I would like to further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Regular Contributor
swingingby

Both shows were on A&E:  The Glades and Longmire.

Thanks for replying

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

swingingby wrote:

Both shows were on A&E:  The Glades and Longmire.

Thanks for replying

Some content we are allowed to show online that the content owners don't allow yet On Demand and vice versa.

Our content team is constantly working to bring you a wider selection of TV Shows and movies. We add new content daily, but due to licensing agreements, we may not have every movie/show/episode available for viewing.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Regular Visitor

Longmire was available on Comcast "On Demand" for part of last week.  Now, nothing is on and I missed Sunday's episode.  Please, make it available on Comcast "On Demand."

Regular Contributor
swingingby

Re: shows not on demand anymore

Sorry, your answer does not explain the reason  that both shows were On Demand for the pilots,and now they are gone. 

Please check further. 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: shows not on demand anymore

if you try to use on demand like a dvr you will always be disappointed as that is not its purpose.  The licensing with the networks dictates how long and when shows are shown on demand they come and go with no rhyme or reason.

New Visitor
snclrz

Shows accessible online aren't accessible on TV On Demand

I want to watch the True Blood HBO series starting with Season 1. I can access the episodes online, but they don't show up on TV On Demand. Why not? How can I gain access to old shows?

Regular Contributor
swingingby

I found Longmire On Demand yesterday, but it is only on till 6-13.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

The licensing agreements for on demand on your tv and on your pc are different.   The networks do not want to give you access to all the shows and neither does comcast.   If they did why would you rent a dvr, why would you buy the networks dvd's.  You will always see more shows on your pc than you will on your tv because it is a less desirable medium to watch shows on so the licensing will be less cost that is why you see more content there. 

New Visitor
elwoods1

I agree, the OnDemand menu sucks for the money they charge cutomers. I missed the finale of Chef Roble & Co. thinking I'd catch it a few day later OnDemand but no Roble on the menu..Real Housewives of Atlanta also do not appear on OnDemand, neither does Lala's Full Court Life. After Washington Heights ended their season I really wanted to watch the reruns with a friend yet that series was pulled immediately from the options menu...WTH Comcast???!!! I'm sure there are many more fan favorites you guys are not providing for us to watch later, how about some customer appreciation?? Give us the shows we want to see OnDemand, AND IN HD PLEASE!! Not everyone can sit at home to watch these shows when they initially air.

New Visitor
elwoods1

This explanation makes sense but in practicing this don't they think customers will consider cancelling their DVR services or switch providers? DVR can only hold so much content, and will not even allow you to record 3 shows that have the same start time or overlap.  I don't want to spend additional money on boxed sets that will only take up space & collect dust on a shelf or hurt my eyes watching episodes on my laptop screen at close range for an hour...these greedy multi-million dollar corporations have got to do better by their customers.

New Visitor
hurricanechaser

I cannot comprehend how a cable company can possibly be so God-awful.

Use your Comcast Xfinity remote and cable box, hit menu, choose On Demand to search TV shows, and just try to find "DEADLIEST CATCH".  Don't bother, you can't.... Why?   

I've seen references to "licensing with the networks"...., um whaaaaaaa?

Look, I'm just some stupid slob working double the hours I used to, happy to come home and maybe zone out and watch a few missed episodes of one of my favorite shows.  Seems that I can't very well catch up on many of the different shows I watch, but when I get my bills, the redundant garbage mail being sent to me 2-3 times per week exolting the wonders of Xfinity and On Demand (and I've already got the poor excuse of a company subscription), plagued with TV commercials claiming a service that basically...Is an abortion!

And don't get me started on all the attempts to "chat" on line, call and put on hold, and try to explain to some poor undereducated out-sourced individual who half the time tells me their system is down, and the other half tell me they'll write up a "work ticket" to investigate.  Do I every get a call back or an email with any form of resolution???   And after each of the last 3 surveys that I filled out, nearly "whizzed" my pants when I came across a question whether the representative mentioned their "service guarantee"??   REALLY???

I would far soon have my spleen removed with a rusty chainsaw, than hope to one day receive the service that I and million others perceived they'd receive when scammed into this wretched excuse of a cable company.  By the way, in the off chance that this comet whizzing by Earth in a few weeks, were to truly be this nomad planet Nibiru that conspirator's claim will likely crash into our planet and end all life as we know it..., the only positive thing that I can see coming from it - yep, you guessed it!   Comcast would go with the rest of us slobs.....

....But I digress.......

um, anyone happen to know of an alternative to my logging onto the internet and trying to watch prior Deadliest Catch episodes on XFinity's web site??  Asking because, not only is this series not available for On Demand, but their web site also says episodes are not available their neither.

Contributor
grhoads

Why is the latest episode of "Shameless" not on "On Demand"?

The March 2nd episode is the one I am inquiring @.

It is not online nor on TV?

HELP!

I tried punching in the question in various ways, went to the Showtime online site, etc....NO INFO!

It is not the end of the season, so it should be on On Demand.

HELP ME OUT COMCAST JOE!

YOU NEVER REPLY TO MY INQUIRIES. DO YOU JUST PICK AND CHOOSE WHO TO RESPOND TO?

New Visitor
jerijay7

I was about to watch Captain Phillips on demand but got up to get a drink and snack. When I returned and pulled up the Stars movie list again, IT WAS GONE! I can record it later in the week or watch it online, but that's not what I want. Sucks! Why Comcast?
Contributor
cad77777

I am ticked off!  I am ready to leave for woww, all the shows i have been waiting for started 3 weeks ago, NONE are on ON DEMAND.  

Sister wives

Return to amish

Marrige bootcamp

and the list keeps growing.  

Where are all the shows???

Woww has them on for i was at my friends and there all there, but not on comcast.  I dont have time to sit in front of the tv on the show times.  I am VERY frustrated.  Ready to ditch this company and its anti AMERICAN customer service.  There about as useless as     on a boarhog.  Cant tell me anything and just read from a script, when they can read.  

Contributor
tennjan

I know what you mean!!! I've lost quite a few of my favorites that have been on for a few years. But if we liked Robot Chicken or RuPaul or that nasty show called Honey BooBoo, there they are On Demand.

New Visitor
llbarnes01

Sister Wives was available through On Demand through Season 5. The show doesn't appear at all anymore. What happened? The only place I can find episodes now is through Amazon, with a pay-per-episode option. Not okay!

Also, why is it that some shows are available first (or only) on the non-HD option. Shouldn't paying more for HD mean that the shows appear there first?

Contributor
tennjan

I had decided that I might as well go with DVR but after reading through these comments, I won't bother. I DO NOT want to sit in front of a computer (yes, some of us really don't have laptops!) to watch my favorite shows. I have always saved those shows until I had some time to sit down, get comfortable and watch all of them. Some of them are at a time when I can't watch the original episodes so I loved the On Demand feature. In fact, I would wake up early to watch some of them that I really loved. I changed companies to try to save money but I hated their format..ie  no watch them later. So, I went back to Comcast. Now I'm hearing complaints from my friends and family that everything is going to BUY. Does anyone know of a server that provides the ability to watch programs later?

New Visitor
RealityTrashed

I posted a similar thread here a few days ago. I followed up by contacting Comcast on Twitter. They told me to email customer support, so I did so. Today, I finally got a call from Comcast asking if my issue had been resolved. I told them no and that shows are still missing from On Demand. The answer I got was "sometimes there's a delay with posting episodes to On Demand, but you sure can watch them right now online!" I told the person that no, it's not normal to have a ONE WEEK delay for a show to be available on On Demand, and sorry, but I'm not interested in gathering my family around my laptop or iPad to watch a tv show! Seriously???? All they could offer in response was, "well, there is a delay sometimes, sorry." And that was that!