New Visitor

why aren't my shows on demand not updating!?

i have been faithfully using on demand to watch shows the day after they air so that i don't have to use up dvr space. there are numerous shows that have not updated in the past week or two. all on different channels....big love on hbo, damages on fx, project runway on lifetime. i know that the networks are supposed to decide when to update but why would all three separate networks suddenly decide not to update within their typical timeline (24 hours)?

is there something wrong with on demand this week? it doesn't make sense.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: why aren't my shows on demand updating!?

The networks, which control the content, often delay putting content On Demand.  I missed Damages' season opener, and am waiting for the episode to appear, either On Demand or online.  So far I haven't seen any sign of it.  We may have to wait for reruns.
Email Expert

FX generally delays their shows a week. I saw the Damages season premiere listed a couple of days ago.

But HBO and Showtime normally make their shows available the next day after they air. In fact, at the end of shows like Big Love, they announce "If you missed any of this show, or want to see it again, it will be available On Demand starting tomorrow morning."

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

The Damages season premiere just showed up On Demand this morning in Seattle.
New Visitor

Re: why aren't my shows on demand not updating!?

I think with HBO Go that HBO is delaying shows a to comcast ondemand by a week.   I watch on my computer by signing up throgh HBO Go.