New Visitor
randykmccormick

Message light blinking even though I have no voice messages

I have cleared out my voice mail messages through xfinity connect voice, but the message light on my Uniden telephone answering system is still blinking which means I have messages. How do I stop the blinking light?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Message light blinking even though I have no voice messages

Hello,

1. Try lifting the phone of the base stand.

2. Try removing the cable from the back of the base stand.

New Visitor
pitamon

I removed the batteries, and dissconnected the power supplies and phone line from all of my phones for over 10 minutes, and the light still flashes and when you pick up the phone to make a call it makes the sound like you have a v-mail. 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Here is how I solved that problem when it happened to me.

I used my cell phone to call the home phone and left a message.

I deleted the message. Problem solved.

What I cannot recall is if I deleted the message online or on the phone.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
jymy

Here's the fix...

Sign in to your Comcast acount. Click on the "Xfinity dot com" link at the top of the page. Then click on "Voice" tab, then "Voicemail". Read/delete any voicemails and your message light will stop blinking. I've had to do this twice. Worked both times.

New Visitor
bkthird

I have the same problem.  Started when I upgraded my Comcast modem because I increased the internet speed.  Now using SMC d3gnv.  Voicemail indicator light does not go out after listening to VM.  Sometimes, it goes out 2-3 days later.  This happens on 2 different phones.

Called Comcast service and was basically told I was crazy.  Change in modem can't make that happen.  Must be my phones.  I have CenturyLink service also and these phones work on those lines just fine.  It is not the phones.

I have reset the modem.  The only way I get the light to go out is to unplug the phone and remove the battery.

New Visitor
jhirschman

[ Edited ]

This was exactly my problem!  Thanks so much for posting, jymy.

New Visitor
comlo

As suggested, I called myself from another phone, then deleted the message and the blinking and signal for having a VM stopped. Thanks so much as Comcast only tried to reset the modem which didn't work. It must be an uneven signal from Comcast that causing this? Is this something one should regularly expect from Comcast?

New Visitor
Lonestar85

Pick up the handset, dial *99 and you can listen to your messages that are stored with Comcast.  These are messages that you received while you were on the phone, the phone was turned off, or some other reason.

After listening to your messages, to delete the messages hit 77.

Blinking red light went out for me when I figured this out!

New Visitor
Dell8412

None of these worked for me. It's driving me crazy! They don't know how to stop it ugh.

New Visitor
cjreialnd

There arn't any messages on my voicemail to delete.  Now what?