New Visitor
cfm765

Network Service Error Has Occurred

I am unable to set any of my preferences under Call Manager.  Everytime I select my Phone Number I get "Network Service Error has Occurred" and all options are grey'd out.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Re: Network Service Error Has Occurred

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor

I receive the same error message when I try to access the call manager.

New Visitor
asczoo

I am also having this problem - I rely on being able to remotely manage call forwarding of my comcast number when I travel for business. Not being able to adjust this today with all kinds of Java errors on the preference page for call forwarding. Please provide an ETR as I am missing calls until this is resolved.

I have submitted the error logs in the error popup on the zimbra prefs page for forwarding.

New Visitor
rtshaffer1

I'm also getting this same error message when going to the preference tab.

Rick

Contributor
BJPABME

Same here!

New Visitor
Linnafer

I've also had this problem.  Anybody had it resolved yet?

New Visitor
tommikkelson

I've been getting this exact same error now for over 2 weeks, and I've submitted the Error Report several times but nothing has been done to fix it.  I've got 2 phone numbers but I only get the error on one number consistently.  The other number works fine.  Sounds like it is a common problem, so please address it, Comcast.  Here is the error message displated consistently everytime for the one number that has the problem:  A network service error has occurred.

method: GetVoiceFeaturesRequest msg: system failure: java.lang.NullPointerException code: service.FAILURE detail: soap:Receiver trace: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: java.lang.NullPointerException ExceptionId:btpool0-2120:1321820025326:af412d8cf6f449e5 Code:service.FAILURE at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:248) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:449) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:274) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:158) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.java:291) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:212) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:181) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:814) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:79) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81) at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:422) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:543) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:946) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:756) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410) at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.zimbra.cs.voice.velodrome.voicemail.GetUMSubscriberSummary.invoke(GetUMSubscriberSummary.java:51) at com.zimbra.cs.voice.velodrome.VelodromeVoiceStore.getVoiceMailAttrs(VelodromeVoiceStore.java:108) at com.zimbra.cs.service.voice.GetVoiceMailPrefs.process(GetVoiceMailPrefs.java:63) at com.zimbra.cs.service.voice.GetVoiceFeatures.process(GetVoiceFeatures.java:108) at com.zimbra.cs.service.voice.GetVoiceFeatures.handle(GetVoiceFeatures.java:54) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:420) ... 32 more request:

0_7e3741318b9c04819aae19cf4b4470ff3be9e6c5_69643d33363a62613461363736662d636631362d343935372d623336652d6534633936346565306531363b6578703d31333a313332313836323939333639343b76763d313a393b747970653d363a7a696d6272613b

New Visitor
Burdi

Hello, we are also receiving the same message. Can anyone let me know how or if Comcast resolved this for you?  Or, what steps I need to take? Thanks!

Michelle

Contributor

I am having this same problem (method: GetVoiceFeaturesRequest msg: system failure: java.lang.NullPointerException) and a Comcast customer service employee told me if it was a java error it was a problem on my computer.  I have tried it on three computers with two different operating systems (XP, Win 7 32 bit, and Win 7 64 bit) and with three browsers (IE, chrome, firefox) and I still get the same error that was posted.  Could someone please help me?  Thanks.

Contributor
BJPABME

[ Edited ]

Still happening for me!  I hope they resolve it soon, can't forward to my cell while I'm away for the holiday.

New Visitor
cfm765

Thanks.   Everything working fine now.   Local comcast contacted me about the problem, said they'd look into it.  Next day, I don't know what they did, but now I no longer get the error and am able to set my call manager preferences

Contributor
BJPABME

Nice, I'm on the phone with them now!  Hoping to get this resolved quickly! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
BJPABME

Nevermind.  I was told to hold on, got disconnected, received a "fast busy" in my ear, and no call back yet.  I can't copy and paste the error details, but mne are almost identical to the one posted below.

New Visitor
mickbrown

You alluded to a solution but I did not see one. I have the problem on three machines , two networks

and only noticed it after I tried to set up voice mail going to email..............

Contributor
BJPABME

It says there is a solution, but only for one post.  I guess the solution is that we have to wait for someone from our local Comcast Office to contact us, the way it's stated in the "solution". 

Today, I am on a BRAND NEW computer, fresh out of the box 3 hours ago, and am STILL having this issue.  I called the 800 # to speak to a rep, was disconnected (their end, not mine) and still have received no phonecall, or resolve.

It has nothing to do with computer history, it is on COMCAST's end, not ours!

New Visitor
rnpjames

This is not an error on your PC it's on Comcast side and they say they are working on this known issue.

New Visitor
imsuggers

This has been a problem for me since about Oct 20th.  I have contacted them several times for it as well.  The first "tech" I talked with had no idea how to troubleshoot what so ever.  After him telling me it was my computer over and over, and I explained I had used several different computers, different OS, different browsers and different networks, he still tried to have me clear the cache and history, etc.

Finally, he came up with Oh it is because their is an outage..Give it a few days.

So after contacting a few different techs, getting the same it is your computer response, I found this message board.  I pointed this out to the tech last night, who was at least trying to solve it.  It finally came out that it appears to be a java error on their side on their computer that handled my account.  She told me "The system is getting a good result in your account for that feature, however, it detected that java error is blocking you to access some features in Xfinty Connect online.".

I received a message from a tech this morning still talking about some outage (Outage for over a month??).  I tried again today, and I can now use this feature.  So, I suggest contacting support, cut them off when they try to fix your computer, tell them this is a known Comcast error (Apparently not to the techs), reference this message board, and tell them to look at the java error on their side....

New Visitor

Same here, and called comcast support, gave me a run around.  Say what you will about the phone company, they did the phone part better.

Contributor
BJPABME

Called and spoke with an AWESOME rep named Tammy!  I read her the posts that have been on this message board, and she investigated a bit and called me BACK twice!!!  YAY!!  She had logged into my account from HER computer and received the SAME error message!!  She also escalated the ticket so the "next level techs" could go ahead and fix it!!

So to ALL having this problem/issue....it is NOT YOU OR YOUR COMPUTER!!!  But like a previous post suggested, CALL and inform them that the java error is on their end. 

FINALLY AN ANSWER!!!  Thanks again Tammy!!  Comcast is lucky to have reps like you! 

Contributor

The "call manager" issue has not been solved. I'm sure there are many people who don't use this feature, so they don't complain. This has been going on for a long time and needs to be corrected. It really shouldn't be that hard. I guess the next option is to call and get an official complaint number. Should I ask for a refund or credit for the software not working correctly? Hope it get fixed soon.

Contributor
BJPABME

YES!  Call and demand it be escalated and get a complaint #!!  I'd love a refund too....:smileyhappy:

New Visitor
kismetkat

I have also been having this problem for (2) months.  I use (2) different computers and have tried everything from ensuring I have the latest Java version to disabling certain security features.  Nothing works, I think as everyone has said it must be an error on Comcast's side.  I IM'd for quite some time yesterday with their customer support and all they were able to do was replicate the issue.  I was told I'd be called last night, but no one called.  They are pretty poor at follow up.  They don't seem to do any kind of issue tracking where you can go in and see the status of an issue to know if/how it's being resolved or that they have a record of it at all!  So now I guess I will have to start over again and call them ot escalate.  This is SO frustrating.  This worked fine before so I don't understand what changed.  Assuming they made updates to functionality or UI, wouldn't this have been caught in UAT (User Acceptance Testing).  I don't buy that they "don't know" it's an issue.

Contributor

I was able to get this resolved. I called in and described the problem again (1 hr) and someone called me back and said they had corrected the problem. They said my timezone had to be reset.  The timezone is visible only under Xfinity Connect Lite.  To switch to the lite version, you have to go to the General selection under Preferences, select the Lite version and then press save.  Next, you have to go back to Home and then Preferences and then General to see the timezone.  Once you set the timezone correctly and press save, then you can change back to the regular version of Xfinity Connect. 

Contributor

(In regards to my previous post)  Also the technician may have done something in addition to resetting the timezone as he said he had to clear the error on the account.  But maybe this will help someone else get their problem resolved faster.

Contributor

I posted on 12/03/11 that we all should ask for a credit or refund for faulty software. I also stated that it shouldn't be that that hard to fix. I'm a retired I.T. Project Manager formerly with the C.P.D. and I do recall when setting up Oracle servers that there were timezone issues on the install and the servers would crash when  they changed daylight saving time. It seems plausible that it is a timezone issue with java but resetting  individual accounts doesn't make sense. I tried the fix you posted, it didn't work.

Visitor

It has not been resolved as of 12/15/2011.  I have ask for a discount on my Bill.  If I can't use a service I pay for I should receive a reduction.

New Visitor
tommikkelson

Re: Network Service Error Has Occurred - possible solution!

It is now working for me. not sure if what I did fixed it, but I did one thing after which all works great.  For the phone line that wouldn't work in this tool, I went into digitalvoice.comcast.net to configure my voice mail preferences.  Essentially, I removed the checkbox check that required my voice mail password when calling voice mail from that number (i.e. my home).  After saving that digitalvoice.comcast.net preference change, I went back into the Xfinity Call Manager preferences website and I was able to make any changes I wanted now with no network service error like before.

New Visitor
mickbown0714

This also worked for me after a month of problems

Visitor

Thank you for the help.  Preferences are working fine after your suggestions.  I also corrected the time zone.

Contributor

Where did you get this information? It did fix the problem. I did go back and checked the box and saved the changes then went back and it still was working. How did you get this info?

Contributor
BJPABME

OMG!!  IT WORKED!!!!  THANK YOU!!! :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
tommikkelson

I just stumbled upon this "fix" by trying different things.  Got lucky I guess!  Glad it is working for so many others!  Happy Holidays!

Visitor

This worked for me - Thank you!

Contributor

I posted your (tommikkelson) solution on this Comcast forum under other subject titles with the same error, they all disappeared. Don't know why tried to help may try again later. Here is the link to the message listing board.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Voice-Mail/bd-p/VoiceMail

New Visitor
GaryLS

Worked for me as well... have been trying to resolved this forever... thanks for the tip.

New Visitor
casper173

[ Edited ]

I am having similiar problems except I don't get the network error has ocurred message. Instead when I go to call manager everything is greyed out (no message). When I go to voice mail it says "voice mail is not available". I can access voice mail from my phone not my computer.  I have tried with IE, Firefox and Chrome al on Windows7 64 bit.  I am tired of paying for features I don't get so I will be cancelling voice if not the whole package.

Official Employee
ComcastVic

Thank you
Comcast Vic.
New Visitor
casper173

Mine has been doing this for twoo months "no voice mail is set up" nothing has been done to resolve this problem; it seems that enough cstomers are invovled now maybe Comcast could make some kind of attempt at fixing this.

New Visitor
New Visitor

I also keep getting this message and Comcast chat could not help--can you escalate this, please, I'm paying you more than $200 per month!