New Visitor

No blinking light to indicate VoiceMail

I recently switched to Comcast Voice, and since the switch, my Uniden Power Max 5.8 GHz 2-line phones do not indicate I have a voicemail waiting with a blinking indicator light.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: No blinking light to indicate VoiceMail

Do you have the studder tone when there is a VM waiting?

New Visitor
aferise

I have the same problem... and the same phone.  To respond to the other question about the tone... I do not receive a tone either (frustrating).

Contributor
Kittyfuzz

Same problem here. No blinking light indicating new message or stuttering tone.

New Visitor

Flashing light for new email

The voicemail indicator on my phone does not flash when I have Comcast voicemail. It works fine when the phone has picked up the call. The voicemail handbook says: "If your phone has a message-waiting indicator light, it will be lit when someone leaves a message." Why doesn't it work?

New Visitor

Same problem here.

Contributor
Kittyfuzz

Thanks for your reply. A gateway reboot fied the problem. :smileyhappy:

Visitor

I misspoke when I said I had the same problem. I do get the stuttering dial tone, but not the blinking light.

What is a gateway?

Contributor
Kittyfuzz

The router. Your phone line is plugged into it. If you want to restart the router/gateway, you can log into it by entering 10.0.0.1 in your browser and enter username admin and password as password. on the left menu go to Troubeshooting > Reset/Reboot Gateway, select Reset Gateway at the top right. Atfter the router reboots and your internet is working, call your Home phone from another phone and leave a message. This will wiork if you have the Arris Wireless Router/Gateway. :smileyhappy:

Visitor

I tried to get to the modem by using the URL, but it didn't work. Maybe I had the syntax wrong. In any case, I rebooted it using a paper clip in the reset hole. Still didn't get a flashing light. Thanks for the try.

New Visitor
bhutchins

Yes, have studder tone.  Also when making a call the beep beep sounds however there is not a new message.  New voicemail remains showing on phones.  thank you