Visitor
yukon03

No stutter tone or indicator light

I am new to Comcast.  I just realized that we have no stutter tone or indicator light to show we have voicemail messages.  Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks.

New Visitor
New Visitor

Re: No stutter tone or indicator light

Have the same problem & am also new to Comcast. Not the greatest experiences thus far.

Visitor
AdMan360

I too am new and was wondering about this problem.  Any answers yet?

Visitor
yukon03

From reading through past posts on this problem, it looks like someone from Comcast will read this post and take action on it.  It being a weekend, I don't know how quickly they will respond.

I downloaded the Xfinity Mobile App on my iPhone.  This app alerts me whenever there is a missed call or a new voicemail message.  I can then listen to the voicemail right on my iPhone.  I like using this method, but my wife likes the flashing light, so that's why I'm trying to get this fixed.

Visitor
AdMan360

Thanks Yukon... propbably right about the weekend and their response timing.

I'll try the phone app as well... plus see if they allow the alert and message to be pushed to two phone numbers - mine and the wife's.

Have a good weekend, and thanks again.

New Visitor
abdrag

I am new to the phone part of Comcast.

I noticed today that even though there were messages in VM, no light flashed on our phone as it alwasy had with the past provider.

Please let me and the gang know how to proceed.

Thanks!

New Visitor

I am interested in seeing what Comcast does about this. The messages above (?) all have the same problem - this can't be a new one for Comcast! So far, this is a bummer - I am unhappy with not seeing the blinking light, or at least the warning tone when you pick up the phone. HELLO COMCAST - please do something (or should I be asking Verizon?)

New Visitor
New Visitor

Called Comcast on Thursday concerning this issue. By Friday night I was getting the blinking light & studder dial tone alerts. But, in the process of fixing this problem they they did something so that Caller ID no longer comes up on my TV. Fixed one problem & created another. I was afraid something like this would happen.

New Visitor
New Visitor

Now they've really "fixed" it. No voice mail alerts & no caller ID on TV screen. I was better off before I asked them to fix my voice mail alerts!

Regular Visitor

Did they ever fix these problems?  I have had both of those same problems in the past.  Right now the caller ID works on my TV but I have no light or stutter tone to indicate I have a message.  There are tons of postings about this same problem and I can't find anyone with a solution...

Regular Visitor

Hi. Did this ever get fixed? I am having the same problem and am wondering what the solution is! Thanks.

New Visitor

I have stutter tone.

I have blinking light.

Will wonders ever cease?

Visitor
yukon03

No, this problem was not fixed.  I thought posting a problem here would generate a response from someone in Comcast tech support, but that didn't happen.  I guess I will have to call them to get this resolved.

Official Employee
ComcastVic

Hello 

My apologies for the delayed reply.  I've sent a refresh to your voicemail indicator after checking that all settings are correct, could you please check if you have stutter tone and if your phone supports it, the flashing vm light also. Please let me know.

Thank you

Comcast Vic.

Thank you
Comcast Vic.
Visitor
yukon03

Vic,

Neither the stutter tone nor the indicator light are working yet.  I am getting VM messages via the xfinity app on my iPhone.

Thanks for following up.  Please let me know what next steps we can take.

New Visitor
purplegirl99

We just switched over to Comcast voice from Verizon and have the same problem:  No message waiting light or stutter tone.  Our phone mfg (Uniden) states in trouble shooting guide to call our service provider (that would be Comcast) to make sure FSK messaging signaling is in use.

I did enable Comcast email notification which is great but the service is not reliable - it's down right now in fact.

Comcast - please help your customers with this issue!!

New Visitor
bobpm123

[ Edited ]

I just moved from one town on Cape Cod to another, and brought my Comcast service with me.  I had a stutter tone and a visual indicator before the move.  Now neither works.  I've spent a week of speaking with customer service, live chatting and finally, yesterday, with a supervisor, essentially because I was told 3 days ago it would be resolved in about 15 minutes.

Still no indicators for voice mail.

Two weeks later, All is now working after contacting comcast and requesting a supervisor.

New Visitor
purplegirl99

Comcast sent a reset signal to our phone number.  The stutter tone works now, but the message waiting indicator light stays on (blinking) even after all messages are cleared.  So....oo, we are making some headway.  But, where do we go from here?

New Visitor
purplegirl99

Thank you Comcast for fixing this!  Problem solved.  You are awesome!

Visitor
Anon215886

Having the same problem here and looks like it's been over a week since we've had any stuttur tone or indicator lights. To make matters worse I tried to call in the problem and the system says it recognizes my address as being in an area where an outage exists so it just hangs up on me. Great system!! Now what?

Contributor

I had phone service added about two weeks ago.  No stutter tone or VM light.  I have spent about five hours on the phone.  It one point one could not leave a message.

Still no message stutter tone or VM light.  Told them it was very important because I'm on call from the local hospital.

Visitor
bobpm

Ask to speak to a supervisor. Be polite but firm. After literally hours of customer service reps telling me that they reset it, found the issue, etc, and 2 weeks, I called and asked for a supervisor.  He told me it would be corrected in 72 hours, at it was.

Contributor

Did call and spoke with a supervisor ----he told me it would be 24 hours at the most.  After 24 hours the situation was worse-----no voice mail at all.

After serveral more calls  ( about 2 hours on the phone)  I was able to get the voice mail turned on.

Still no   STUTTER TONE OR INDICATOR LIGHT.

I don't want to do all  the work necessary to switch back to FAIRPOINT but I think it may be my only option.

Official Employee
ComcastVic

Has this problem been resolved for you?

Thank you
Comcast Vic.
Official Employee
ComcastVic

Thank you
Comcast Vic.
Visitor
Anon215886

Actually since posting here I initiated a chat session which didn't fix things at first. I went out of town for a couple of days and after I returned the problem still hadn't been corrected so I initiated another chat last night. The technician did a full reset on both my lines a couple times and finally the problem was resolved. Everything is working again.

Contributor

Hello again

I think it's been over two weeks that I have tried to have this issue resolved.  I would say I've been on the phone for at least three hours and have called them about 25 times.

They usually call me back and leave a message------and I tell I rec'd the message but still no stutter tone or indicator light.

The only way I know I have a message is to dial * 99

Not a good situation-----I'm on call at the medical center and need to know if they are trying to get in touch with me.

New Visitor
penkle

I have this problem of No stutter tone or indicator light. By posting here can I get the reset that seems to resolve the problem?

Visitor
Anon215886

I used the online chat system to get to a resolution. The technician that I was chatting with actually did the reset.