Contributor
Wardman

No stuttertone and new message indicator

Hello -

I recently switched to Comcast voice.  Two concerns:

1 - my message indicator light no longer is working (worked great for 11 years previously)

2 - I have no stuttertone either, indicating there is a message

I did speak to a technician, have a case number, but I'm not certain he had the expertise to understand what I was asking about.

Any help to get this resolved?

Thx

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Re: No stuttertone and new message indicator

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor

I have exactly the same problem to the letter:  new to voice, no visual or aural indication of a message waiting, situation reported, told to standby for 72 hours.  What is the real issue here?  Where does this problem emanate--is it the modem, in the lines, in the programming or a general flaw in the Comcast voice system?

Contributor
Wardman

15th - still no fix.....

New Visitor

I'm having the exact same issue.  I sent an email three days ago and haven't gotten a response yet.

Contributor
Wardman

Hello Keisha,

Can you tell if the phone switch has been reset to enable the stuttertone and message waiting feature?

Thx

New Visitor

Mine as fixed 1/15
Contributor
Wardman

1-17 : still not fixed.

Comcast - I'm not seeing important calls/messages and having to call voice mail all the time.  Can I get a credit for this not working.

New Visitor
Skier100

I recently began Comcast voicemail and have no stuttertone or message indicator light on my Uniden phone. Technician attempted to reset but no success.  Voicemails are recorded and playback works properly.

Contributor
Wardman

You should reset your "FSK" or have at least stuttertone no matter what.  If that is not happening, then there is a problem that should be fixed. 

It is most likely in the switch, not your phone

If you can live with always calling in and checking to see if you have messages, then you are fine.  I cannot live/work that way.

New Visitor
Skier100

Thanks for your help.  What's an "FSK"?

We'll just have to cancel the voicemail service if there is no tone or light indicator. Does the problem vary by make of phone?

New Visitor
Skier100

I have since learned all about FSK. Do you understand that Comcast uses FSK technology, so that a signal is sent to my phone that should trigger the message light?

Contributor
Wardman

Yes - Comcast uses FSK and I'm pretty sure it is a standard.  FSK should override the stuttertone, although when there are messages you could get both and it shouldn't be an issue.

I am getting both stutter and liught right now, problem is that after checking the messages, the stuttertone and messgae waiting light does not go away.....

I have another call in to Comcast for resolution attempt.  It is usually a bad port, software upgrade, or reset on the phone switch that you are connected to in order to resolve the issue.  That said, it's a feature that has been around for many years, so odd it takes so many calls to try and resolve it.

Contributor
matttbell412

I am having the same issue with no stutter tone or light.  Called tech support 3 times.  The first time they said my phone was the problem.  I took it to a friends who has the same service and equipment and it worked fine there.  The voicemail light turned on, no problem.  I called again and let them know my results and they told me that they would resend the signal.  Didn't work.  I tried the online chat and the guy on the other end said he would resolve the issue.  Still not fixed.  I decided to buy a new phone to see if that was actually the isssue and called tech support for a third time.  They resent the signal and reset all of my equipment and it still does not work.

Does anyone there know how to resolve this issue?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Everyone with an issue like this should be starting their own new post, as their issue is specific to their account.

Posts that have jumped onto someone elses original post usually gets lost in the mess of ongoing messages.

This thread is now locked.