New Visitor

Retrieving home phone messages from cell phone

I have not been able to retrieve messages from my Comcast home phone from my cell phone.  I have used the # sign over and over and try to input my password but it will not accept it and completes the recorded message without letting me retrieve messages.   Any ideas?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Retrieving home phone messages from cell phone

When dial into your home number from the outside, while the message is playing you need to press the star * button then it will prompt you for your voice mail password.

From the instructions:

vmoutside.JPG

New Visitor

Thank you for your help.  I did find out that because I was using my own recorded message and not the one from Comcast, it would not work.   The Comcast rep set it to two rings and now it is working fine.

New Visitor
debbyz9

I am having the same problem retrieving messages on home phone, using my cell phone.  Jane says the rep set phone to two rings and you needed to use Comcast's prerecorded message...do I understand you correctly?  Why is that necessary in order to pick up msgs. remotely?   Hope you can help me out.  Thanks.  

Visitor
Markcw98

If you have a smart phone, the Xfinity app really makes getting voicemails a breeze.   Just suggesting a possible option.