Contributor
gwiz62
Accepted Solution

Voice mail from the web interface not working

- Always only says "Voice mail is unavailable" although I am able to check voicemail from my home phone.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Voice mail from the web interface not working

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will get the right people involved.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team next business week.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

-

Has your services been restored. I'm not able to retrieve any of your modem information.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Contributor
gwiz62

Unfortunately I am still without power or cable due to hurricane Irene. I will post back when things get back up.

Latest information I have is that it may be out until this Sunday or Monday. Not fun. Thanks for looking into this.

I can still see on the website any calls that I have missed during this time, if that helps. Just no voice mail.

Contributor
gwiz62

Hello Larry,

Miraculously my power and cable got restored today! I am back online with the cable modem if you need to check it.

Thank you.

Contributor
gwiz62

Was wondering if there was going to be any follow upi on this? Should I post as a new topic again?

Thanks.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

I've let Larry know your issue has not been resolved.

Contributor
gwiz62

Thank you JayInAlg

Contributor
gwiz62

Still nothing. I am going to repost or ..gulp...call support (which is so painful!) They ask you the same scripted questions no matter how many times you call. :smileysad:

:smileysad:

Contributor
gwiz62

Voice mail from the web interface not working

- Always only says "Voice mail is unavailable" although I am able to check voicemail from my home phone.

2nd post.

Original post 08-27-2011 06:41 PM . > no resolution.

Thanks.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

I've notified Larry again.

New Visitor
rosea1762

when I click the voice mail message, a page comes up stating need plugin

Administrator
ComcastLarry

-

Sorry for the late response, I'm still working on resolving your issue. I've escalated a ticket for this.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Contributor
gwiz62

Thanks Larry. What does that mean? Will someone be contacting me?

New Visitor
jmmarton

I've had Comcast service since the middle of August, and initially voicemail from the web interface worked fine.  But just a couple of days ago I finally got the port of my old AT&T number to Comcast to complete, and it appears since then it hasn't worked.  It just says "temporarily unavailable" from the inbox preview screen, and if I go to the voice tab in my e-mail and click show details on the error I get:

unable to retrieve profile summary for: [username]@comcast.net(caused detail:invalid request: (SSML auth failed, gateway message=[The subscriber with: phone number:: null has no cstVTNs attributes populated SSML DVP LDAP get prfile failed - The cstVTNs attribute is empty.] gateway reason=[SSML DVP LDAP get profile failed - The cstVTNs attribute is empty.]))

The reference code is SCC-0235.

In addition, the Xfinity Mobile app on my Android phone keeps displaying the original temporary Comcast number when I view voicemail instead of my ported AT&T number.

Is this a temporary glitch or something I need to call into customer care about?

Contributor
gwiz62

I was contacted by Comcast Executive Customer Care. They were able to resolve the problem. All set. Thanks for kicking this up to them Larry.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

----

Sorry about the issues you were having. I am happy to hear that Larry has resolved your issues.

Thank You
-Keisha-
Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

jmmarton---

Sorry about the issues you are having. I do see their has been tickets opened on your account for this issue. Are you still experiencing the same issue?

Thank You
-Keisha-
Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

rosea1762--

Sorry about the issues you are having. Can you confirm if you are still having issues.

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor
robertodom1

I have been experiencing this exact issue since I started my service six months ago. I would like to be able to use all the services I am paying for.

I have spoken with Customer Support; they told me to wait ten days for the system to activate because I had not yet set up my voicemail greeting. That was three months ago.

Voicemail access functions from the handset, but not the web interface. I would appreciate the resolution of this issue. Thank you.