New Visitor
MareStott

Voicemail has not worked in months

My comcast voicemail has not worked in months! The message to callers would say "The comcast voice mail box is not in service." Instead, I used my own voicemail...However, I AM A paying customer and have been for over 20 yrs now! So, five days ago I called and was given instructions by the 1st rep to dial *99 and "turn off the extended absense option." Well, after goin through every option (and quite some time)...this option is not available on my end...Nor are there any options for "extended absense" online settings. Clearly-- this is something on the Comcast end. So, I called again (5 days ago) and was given a ticket and told the matter would be fixed within 72 hrs...and someone would call my cell phone. Well-- no one called. So, I sent comcast an email...A return email said that Comcast is still "investigating the issue" and offered a chat link with a rep. Basically, this was also unsuccessful...and no new information...just more wasted time! I have been applying for employment and need my Comcast voicemail in service. I am paying for it!!! Currenlty, I am very dissapointed in the Comcast technical service for "voice." Also-- after I have brought this to the attention of Comcast...now a new message says my "voicemail is not in service" and oddly enough it does not mention Comcast anymore...

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Voicemail has not worked in months

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will look into your voice mail issue.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the next business week.

Official Employee
ComcastSteve

I believed we were able to fix this. Can you confirm?

Steve Teow

New Visitor
Rockaway01

If you get with a comcast tech I'll bet they can solve your problems.

New Visitor
MareStott

Yes, my voicemail now works. A technical "help ticket" needed as I tried all options on my end (both online and dialing *99) to no avail. However, it did take about 6 days...but I know they are very busy! Afterward, Comcast reps were all very good at checking up with me to make sure voicemail is working properly.

Thank you!

New Visitor
sswilliams21

I'm dying to know how you got such great customer service! I know this post is 6 months old but I have just about given up on Comcast customer service. I have a lengthy history with them not being able to solve my problems. Once they solve one problem, then another starts or is created. I have tried chat, email, phone calls, service techs and my husband has even visited the local office. We have spent so much time trying to sort out everything that I literally began to feel crazy and was reduced to tears so I gave up.

My voicemail hasn't worked in MONTHS either, but I haven't had the energy to address this with them since it took MONTHS just to get my working. I've had the Comcast triple play package for a year now and it sucks that I still don't have the service that I originally signed up for and pay for. I've made due by using our plug in answering machine but if someone is on the line and doesn't answer call waiting or our answering machine at home gets turned off, then I have no way for people to leave messages. I receive the same "The mailbox number that you are trying to reach is not in service" message.

What did they have to do to make it work? I've tried dialing *99 and I even get the same message and it doesn't allow me other options. Can't do anything online either. 

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor
willkoo

When I call my Mother who has your Comcast phone service, I also get that same message.  "The mailbox number you are trying to reach is not in service."  Its terribly inconvenient to call someone and they can't be reached.  Then I have the hospital calling me to relay messages to her.  Please let m know how to fix this problem for her.  Not everyone wants to use your voicemail... Some people have answering machines already.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor
linds1

My voice mail has never worked

i have had comcast for about over 3 months now and my voice mail has never worked. it tells me its not in serivce and that is so annoying, kinda a waste of money. Please help me. i have tryed the *99 and it doesnt give me any option it tells me. The voicemail your trying to reach is not in serivce good bye. .

What now?

New Visitor
dflyer9

[ Edited ]

I  have the same problem .But can`t connect to *99 also no service

Contributor
lopian2030

Okay, my voice mail has not worked in MONTHS. Why is this known issues not fixed rather than addressed one at a time? Funny, when I search for "How can I add HBO service" I am presented with a host of numbers to call almost before I am done typing. Nothing but a blog on this issue. I can only hope that somebody in customer service is really bored and stumbles across this message.

So, what does it take to get your voice mail working?? Oh, how I miss the machines that did it for you and actually worked. Plus once you bought them, no monthly charge. Hmmm- techonlogy, are we moving backwards or is it just Comcast?

New Visitor
BrendaPark

I have the same issue.  My sister had been trying to leave a message to tell me about her cancer treatment, and could never leave a message.  Finally she reached me.  I missed the call to come and spend time with her while I could of course.  I started trying everything and so far nothing has worked.  I don't want to talk to a rep. as the last time I did I had to wait for ever to get my comcast back, and they had shut me off by mistake, and when i called they turned it on immediately and it fried my computer.  I have a new  computer and i don't want to go through all that trouble again. It does upset me that i have been paying my bill and have the triple bundle and nothing works as it should.

New Visitor
davidelhard2234

Exactly my problem/experience/sentiments. How did you get it resolved? No one will fix it!

New Visitor
norris244

I also am getting "the mail box is not in service" error when calling *99. I know I have set up voice mail in the past. I have already had many issues with comcast in the past and now this????

Official Employee
XfinityKchahal

norris244 wrote:

I also am getting "the mail box is not in service" error when calling *99. I know I have set up voice mail in the past. I have already had many issues with comcast in the past and now this????

Do you also subscribe to Internet from Comcast? 

When you go online on XFINITY Connect on the web on your PC what message do you see on the Voice tab ? 

New Visitor
Spencer717

My voice mail is not in service ?? Been this way for I don't know how long.. Still down no options cs always tries the joke lets refresh your modem lol like I don't know this already
New Visitor
sullivanjohnson

I am Comcast employee and am experiencing the same issue as Mare Stott. I moved two doors down on my block a couple of months ago. I expected some technical issues with the trasnfer of services my expectations were exceeded. As any Comcast employee knows,  it is nearly impossible to reach a human voice when troubleshooting employee service because everything is done online. Nevertheless, I happened to see a tech in the street one day and befriended him and after he heard myv tale of woe he came to my home and attempted to get my internet and TV services operative. It took him some time. but he got yhe job done. Now my phone service is fine for making and taking calls, but i get the irritating message "your mailbox is not in service" when I attempt to acces my voicemail by entering *99.  I just got off the phone with a CSR at the toll free number and have been givena ticket number of CR3 95814825. My expectations aren't too high, but we'll see what hapens over the next few days.

As a former call center manager in my prior professional life, I emphasize with CRS's , but I also know how important GREAT customer service is the the business' bottom line. For example, call GEICO (where I previously worked ) and see the level of customer service rendered. First call resolution is part of their mantra and good as Comcast is, we need to reach that level of service. 

S. Johnson