Contributor
lana8
Accepted Solution

beeps on line before connection

I am new to comcast telephone service.  I have noticed that my phone beeps 4 times while connecting to a dial tone. This started about 2 months after hookup to comcast tv, phone and internet. I have no need to have comcast voice messages left and have not set up an account. I have an answering machine on my phone that takes care of my needs if I have received messages. Does anyone know if these 4 beeps before connection could be messages left on my phone through comcast at one time or another. Was thinking maybe I need a new phone, but don't want to put the expense into a phone if these beeps are from something left on a comcast voicemail that has not been set up. Odd question I know.  I want to see if there is a way of deleting the beeps from my line. Thanks in advance.....

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: beeps on line before connection

[ Edited ]

The studdertone indicates that someone left you a voice mail.  If you don't want voice mail, please call Comcast support to have that feature removed from your account.  Then the studdertone will stop.

Contributor
lana8

Could you please tell me why this started three months after comcast hookup? I still have my phone through comcast so why would I want to cancel it? My age has alot to do with not understanding this.....ty

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

You indicated you don't want voice mail, never set it up and you will not use use it as you have a answering machine.  The studdertone started when someone finally left you a voice mail, most likely while you were on the phone.

Call and cancel the voicemail option if your not using it, but don't cancel the phone service itself.  If you leave it as is, you will continue to get voice mail messages you will not be attempting to listen to.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

lana8--
The information provide by Jay is correct.
Most customers keep both comcast voicemail and their answering machine. The benefit of keeping both is that you can change your ring count on your answering machine to 5 or whatever you choose and set your comcast voicemail to 9 this way your answering machine will always pick up first.
When you are on the phone and someone calls you, y

most answering machines will not pick up so the call will ring and ring and never go to voicemail. This is when your comcast voicemail will pick up the pone so that you know someone called you.

If you would like to have voicemail removed please call into our call center and let customer care know that you wish t remove.

Thank You
-Keisha-