New Visitor
Marsha01

how to delete calls and voice mail

[ Edited ]

I use a landline and my voice mail is only accessable through Comcast/Xfinity website.  

I can't find a way to delete voicemail from the "voice" page.  There is no drop down menu item, radio button or other method to delete unwanted messages.

In addition, even after messages have been e-mailed to me, my phone is still blinking a "new voice mail" message.  I have tried unplugging the phone but that does not help.  Previuosly, deleting heard voice mail got rid of the problem, but I can't seem to find a way to do that under this new and improved webpage. 

(this problem was fixed for me within a few weeks of announcing the issue, thank you comcast)

Bronze Star Contributor

Re: how to delete calls and voice mail

On my voice page I just check the box next to each voicemail I don't want and then click on the 'delete' button.

Contributor

you cant do that with the missed calls try it i am so angrt at this i have so many calles under missed  calls and cannot delete them as there is no button, tried right click nothing there either , hate it

Contributor

i agree wit you ive tried everything and undermissed calls i have so many.  i hate this feature why would they not put a delete button under missed calls?

New Visitor
Marsha01

Can we (the users) make an impact on the programmers who didn't include a way to delete unwanted messages?  

I think we can.  I have been on the phone with support, customer service and now I am heading to Facebook.  If enough of us insist on the ability to delete "MISSED CALLS" and anything else that is littering up our account, they have to listen, won't they?

My bill is pretty significant and when an upgrade is done, it should enhance and improve my service not make it more cumbersome.  

I have been back to my account several times and still can't delete on any voice item.  My phone is blinking that I have an unheard voice mail.  So, even though I have clicked on every call in "missed call, answered calls and outgoing calls"  and haven't found a message at all, let alone one I haven't listened to, I am becoming frustrated.  There are about 100 numbers shown and not one of them has a  message.  The "new message" is a falsehood that can't be corrected.  

Time to have this fixed.  This is not an improvement this is going backward. 

Contributor

I AGREE WE ALSO PAY A LOT TO COMCAST. IVE TRIED EVERYTHING. THIS IS REALLY NOT ACCEPTABLE. I HAVE TO MANY MISSED AND RECEIVED CALLS. IS IT SO HARD TO PUT A DELETE BUTTON ON THERE ?.  THEY SURE WANT THEIR MONEY ON TIME. THEY ALSO GIVE GOOD DEALS TO NEW COMERS WHAT ABOUT THE OLD CUSTOMERS GETTING SOME?

Recognized Contributor
bnaughty

*99 to access voicemail from a phone...  if there are no vm's and the light or stutter tone continues, have to call in to tech support...  anything under placed, missed, or recieved calls cant be deleted, its call records and can't be deleted...

New Visitor
1Hall3879

delect oice mail can't stand the red light

Contributor

COMCAST WONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS FROM WHAT IM HEARING THEY JUST WANT OUR MONEY, I PAY ALMOST 200 A MONTH AND  IM LOOKING   I HATE ALL THOSE CALLS ON MY COMPUTER.  STILL HAVE A BIG BACK UP FROM APRIL ON THERE  , WHY CANT THEY JUST PUT A DELETE BUTTON THERE FOR US> THEY DO HAVE TECHS RIGHT?  LOL

Recognized Contributor
bnaughty

[ Edited ]

A stuck stutter tone / visual indicator can be a hard issue to fix...  I've been told NOT to speak like an employee since I am NOT one anymore, but I must refer to some internal stuff to describe how that's fixed....

The voicemail system contains your mailbox, and the options to have the audible/visual indicator for your VM...  sometimes they get stuck....

Methods to fix (Agents do not have access to most of these systems, so a Trouble Ticket must be opened):

See if there is an external answering machine causing that and not the comcast VM...

Agent will refresh the MWI (Mail Waiting Indicator) but is usually unsuccessful...

Call and leave a msg then delete it (works sometimes)...

If all of that fails a ticket will be opened, and:

Through the VM system, reset the MWI, usually unsuccessful...

Delete the mailbox, and recreate it, then call the phone, leave a msg, and then delete

That will be successful....  guaranteed fix usually...

REGARDLESS OF THERE BEING A DELETE BUTTON IN YOUR ONLINE CALL HISTORY IT CANNOT BE DELETED!!!!

Cheers

New Visitor
mrsworm1

On voicemail I'm unable to delete MISSED, ANS WERED, or PLACED messages. Any solution available?
Recognized Contributor
bnaughty

Those are your call logs kept by comcast under FCC regulations, and despite there being a delete button there, FCC regulations will not allow deletion of call records...  sorry...

Contributor

FINALLY REACHED THE PRESIDENT FROM COMCAST. HES LOOKING INTO THIS SO IF ANY OTHER PEOPLE HAVE THESE ISSUES SAY IT IN HERE I TOLD HIM TO CHECK THE FORUMS. SAID HED GET BACK TO ME WHEN HE LOOKS INTO THIS.  SAID HE UNDERSTOOD  WHY WE WANTED A DELETE BUTTON. WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS  IVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR A WEEK , TALKED TO SOME PEOPLE THERE.  HOPE WE GET RESULTS IF NOT IM GOING TO WRITE TO THE NEWSPAPERS IN CASE SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT AWARE OF THIS ISSUE, / MAYBE IF ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE MAD WE CAN GET R DONE LOL .

Recognized Contributor
bnaughty

JORDYN007 wrote:

FINALLY REACHED THE PRESIDENT FROM COMCAST. HES LOOKING INTO THIS SO IF ANY OTHER PEOPLE HAVE THESE ISSUES SAY IT IN HERE I TOLD HIM TO CHECK THE FORUMS. SAID HED GET BACK TO ME WHEN HE LOOKS INTO THIS.  SAID HE UNDERSTOOD  WHY WE WANTED A DELETE BUTTON. WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS  IVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR A WEEK , TALKED TO SOME PEOPLE THERE.  HOPE WE GET RESULTS IF NOT IM GOING TO WRITE TO THE NEWSPAPERS IN CASE SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT AWARE OF THIS ISSUE, / MAYBE IF ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE MAD WE CAN GET R DONE LOL .

so u contacted the president of comcast super mad because you cant delete call records comcast must keep in accordance with the fcc....  have fun with that...  and yes im aware theres a delete button there that doesnt work...

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Here's the thing about that FCC 90 day keep regulation. 

It simply says providers have to keep the records for 90 days. It does not say the provider has to provide them to customers ONLINE.

The reason Comcast will not allow for deletion doesn't wash with me.  Just because the regulation states they must be kept for 90 days doesn't mean WE as customers need to keep them all listed for that amount of time. If I could delete the calls as I see fit, that would in no way delete the "official record" of the call. The "official record" would still be stored internally by Comcast.

If they were REQUIRED to be listed on a website I would have seen call records from  AT&T phone service when I checked that bill online. I NEVER saw anything that detailed answered, placed, and missed calls.

I don't need to know that I called my credit union teller line 25 times within the past 90 days (a good number of those times the line was busy so I had to keep trying until it rang). I don't need to know that I called my aunt 8 times in one week or my cell phone (when I couldn't find it) 6 times.

I will admit to the fact that I really don't look at those records very often since I access my Comcast mail by email client instead of Xfinity Connect.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
thomasbabcock

How do you delete your missed calls made calls and answered calls?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

thomasbabcock wrote:

How do you delete your missed calls made calls and answered calls?

You can't, they roll off after 90 days.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

I believe Comcast keep the records for two years, during which time the user or law enforcement can contact  Comcast's legal department to obtain records, if required. (I could be wrong).

I can understand customers that may wish to delete their records from their voice history before the 90 days, it doesn't really bother me. I do think that Comcast should give the customers the choice to delete them if they wish....

After all, like I said they keep the records for two years anyway. (I believe)

New Visitor
don-wig

When a caller calls my phone and I don't answer, they hear a msg. saying that my phone mailbox is full. How do I empty my mailbox?

Recognized Contributor
bnaughty

[ Edited ]

Have to delete them one by one...  or use the digital voice center on the web to do it...  customer.comcast.com

New Visitor
Duxrgreat

I just received my new xfinity phone number..When I looked at the missed calls, there were about 35+ from the person who had the number before me, and other VM's that were from the previous owner of the number.

And of course I can't delete  the missed or answered calls.. I think comcast should have cleaned out the old folders, because after listening to the VM's, thinking they were for me somehow, there were quite a few from banks or lending indtitutions to the previous party discussing home refinicing options, etc..etc  I think this may be a security problem for comcast.  Beaware if you give up that number and those undeletable vm's get assigned to the next person..

So, how come I can't delete those folders, or move to trash, then delete

Recognized Contributor
bnaughty

Call in to open a ticket and have Tier 2 clear out the Mailbox...

New Visitor
my3sons115

Spoiler

Why does comcast need to keep a log of my calls?  (MY CALLS) I WANT A DELETE BUTTON !!!

Recognized Contributor
bnaughty

They're required to keep them by FCC regulation for 90 days, but I agree after that 90days, you should be able to delete.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Repeating what I said in an earlier post in this topic:

Queen-Evie wrote:

Here's the thing about that FCC 90 day keep regulation. 

It simply says providers have to keep the records for 90 days. It does not say the provider has to provide them to customers ONLINE.

The reason Comcast will not allow for deletion doesn't wash with me.  Just because the regulation states they must be kept for 90 days doesn't mean WE as customers need to keep them all listed for that amount of time. If I could delete the calls as I see fit, that would in no way delete the "official record" of the call. The "official record" would still be stored internally by Comcast.

If they were REQUIRED to be listed on a website I would have seen call records from  AT&T phone service when I checked that bill online. I NEVER saw anything that detailed answered, placed, and missed calls.

I don't need to know that I called my credit union teller line 25 times within the past 90 days (a good number of those times the line was busy so I had to keep trying until it rang). I don't need to know that I called my aunt 8 times in one week or my cell phone (when I couldn't find it) 6 times.

I will admit to the fact that I really don't look at those records very often since I access my Comcast mail by email client instead of Xfinity Connect.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Recognized Contributor
bnaughty

[ Edited ]

Which I'd like to add is TRASH...  Xfinity Connect and the Account pages, while setup nicely, are TRASH for the simple fact that they are horrendously slow...

Contributor

i agree also all the telemarketers calling. and at election time . way to many.  there needs to be a delete button.

New Visitor
marlaclaire

well according to their ffc regulations why dont they save our records in their system instead of garbaging up in our computers? they did it before why is this any different? unnecessary if u ask me!! i wish i didnt get this now!!

New Visitor
Ob5906

I don't see a delete button!

Recognized Contributor
bnaughty

Ob5906 wrote:

I don't see a delete button!

It was probably removed because it didn't work in the first place.

New Visitor
melro52

To get rid of old messages on your actual phone to get the red light from blinking, see your PHONE USERS GUIDE not Xfinity.  I delete my old calls from my phone all the time this way.  Light quits flashing.  

The calls that are listed as missed, answered, or made online at Xfinity under the voicemail section stay on there for 3 mos. and end up in trash.  Then I empty the trash.  

New Visitor
melro52

Empty your actual phone per your PHONE's user manual not Xfinity.  I do it all the time.  The red light stops flashing. 

On the actual Voice page for Xfinity online, the calls remain on the list for 3 months, then go to trash.  I simply keep emptying my trash.  

New Visitor
marlaclaire

ya well sometimes i delete them from my phone..it stops blinking for a little while..& comes back on only to do the same again...so now what?

New Visitor

Anybody can say what they want, but the website is not working correctly. I have always used it without issue. I have two phone lines. Now, the choice between lines is not showing correctly. I cannot see missed, placed or answered calls. Getting the messages is hit or miss. Yes, you have to delete the message with comcast and then the blinking phone light goes out. Unfortunately, the web site is not working correctly.

New Visitor
cjohnson12081

Can anyone tell me how to delete voice mails without having to listen to the full message when checking vm from my phone?  Very often I know within the first two seconds whether I want to delete the message, and it makes me listen to the entire message before I can delete it.

Please help.  This is very annoying.

Visitor
KiruDub

Yeah, same here.

I have 2 lines (biz/home), and while I can see my biz line VMs via the website, my home line is blank. Of course, the VM I want to delete is on my home line.

Bad coding, folks, bad, sloppy coding.

New Visitor
crstlv95

Dial 77 to delete the message right away.

New Visitor
crstlv95

I can't retrieve any of my voicemail messages via internet. It just keeps taking me to my emails, which is empty. My voicemail box is full and I don't want to have to delete one by one. How do you see your voice messages on the internet to delete? I never had this problem until xfinity connect started.

New Visitor
hopeso

i get some calls that tel that my voice box is full so it will not let me yake the call. it only does it with some colls. whats the problem?

New Visitor
darnamics

Using *99 and deleting from my phone is horrible! I have to listen all the way through each and every message to the end before i can delete it. Until the upgrade, I was able to just go on the website, and delete the messages from there. Now, when I go to the website, I don't even see my messages, or have a delete option.

New Visitor
RustMist5

I want to delete my voicemail but there are no delete bottom, why?

New Visitor
djc3654

I absolutely agree!!!

It is ridiculous that I cannot delete, "missed calls", "answered calls" and/or "placed calls"

from my VOICE section of Xfinity

Contributor
leoleo1

i agree comcast will not answer my question. i want option to detete phone calls

Contributor
leoleo1

Please keep us inform, COMCAST must allow us to delete clutter calls.

Contributor
leoleo1

I pay crazy price for comcast, they only want our money from us(in advance mind you). There tech service is fee base and that blows my mind. Verizon looks real good after having Comcast, will be giving up and going back

New Visitor
123keri

I haven't had comcast voice for that long, but am gone all day long and sometimes for days

because of work. Does anyone know how to delete the calls on the missed call list? This is making me angry as everyone has said there is no way to delete missed calls. We are sick of the comcast company to begin with and have written to the FTC because we think comcast is a monopoly. They have all the towers in our area. Apartment dwellers are NOT allowed to put a dish on their porch and if you put the dish on the ground, you risk hooligans kicking them over and/or stealing them. Everyone ought to write to the FTC and complain about comcast prices, One month its one price and the next month its 20.00 more. This isn't helping with the voice delete feature but it might help if all of us wrote the company and sent one to the government.  Keri

Contributor

you cant delete them. supposedly they go after 30 days, you used to be able to delete them but not any more i hate it

New Visitor
tmcnamara33

I've tried to delete missed and answered calls.  Selecting and delete doesn't work!

New Visitor
moon1933

Where is the delete " button"?  The one on keyboard?  I tried it but it did not delete the call >

New Visitor
moon1933

Comcast should be ashamed for not allowing deleition of log info.  They failed to do a Man Machine interface evaluation before they put the product out .  Evidence of company not interested in quality-- only money.