Bronze Star Contributor

voicemail password?????

I moved a few months ago, transferred my voice service within the same city limits, and now it wants a password to access my messages?? When did that happen. It was not needed before I moved. I will spare everyong the usual rant about xfinity and just ask if there is a way to make the need for a password go away? I live alone, am disabled, and no one is gonna steal my messages.  I hate dialing the phone almost as much as I hate calling for support. They guarantee a 2 hour service window, but still treat me like a terrorist and ID  nd make me wait 50 to 10 minutes. when all I have is a simple question like this. (oopas, sorry, a rant <g>)

Can I remove the passsword requirement. My phone is not programmable so I can't pu it into the phone.

Any help is appreciated.

John

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: voicemail password?????

In Xfinity Connect there is a option for not needing a password when you check your VM from home.  You will still need the password for accessing your VM outside of the house.

In Xfinity Connect click on the preferences tab, then on the left choose "call manager"  near the bottom is the selection not to use a password.

If you don't know your password, you will need to contact Comcast support.

vo.JPG

Bronze Star Contributor

I am very glad to know I can do it, and I very much appreciate the help, but I cannot find xfinity connect. comcat.com  login, and I can do Voice,email, TV and my account, but none of them sends me where you say the solution is. I hate to be a PITA, but I don't see it anywhere. Do you have time to run me through it? I am no computer illiterate in any way, but I AM tired of incredibly inane web pages that never seem to go through any review process to find out if they are user friendly... I am grateful there are other who share what they have learned. :-)

Much obliged,

John

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

go to http://comcast.net and then click on the voicemail section on the right.  That will get you into Xfinity Connect.

xc.JPG