Cable Expert
cypherx

All Circuits are Busy?

[ Edited ]
I'm currently at work now and I'm getting a man's voice saying "We're sorry all circuits are busy now, would you please try your call again later" when I try to call home from both my work phone or cell phone. What is the problem here?

One other time I heard a lady's voice say that "the call cannot be completed, message 074T".

I know my CDV modem is alright because I tunnel all of my work internet traffic via SSH to my home connection.
Here's the signal:
Downstream
Frequency 723000000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio 36 dB
Downstream Modulation QAM256
Network Access Control Object ON
Power Level 0 dBmV

Upstream Value
Channel ID 2
Frequency 24000000 Hz
Ranging Service ID 501
Symbol Rate 2.560 Msym/s
Power Level 48 dBmV
Upstream Modulation [3] QPSK
[2] 16QAM

Telephony status
Status Line 1 Line 2
Administrative Status Up Up
Operational Status Up Down
Hook Status On Hook On Hook
Ring Status Off Off

I only have 1 line.
Motorola SBV5220

Edit:
If it means anything, there is 1 warning in the telephony logs:

2007-08-17 13:53:58 4-Warning 4259874 XGCPIF: NLP is turned on for this TCID

Reading, PA
Zip 19606

Message Edited by cypherx on 08-17-2007 03:17 PM
Cable Expert
cypherx

Re: All Circuits are Busy?

Ok I finally got through, but it was weird.

First of all after I dialed the call it was pure silence. I waited for about 15 seconds or so and then all of a sudden I heard "Hello?" So I got through, it's just very weird that there was no ringing tones on my end of the phone. Also I had to wade through numerous 074T errors and also an old guy saying that all circuits are busy.

In our conversation I was told that the phone was acting weird. It would ring and then stop. Or it would ring and she would pick it up and no one would be there.

This is very weird. But yeah, the CDV modem looks really good. I never had an issue with CDV before. I just could see a problem if someone was in an accident or something and had to call home and all of a sudden couldn't. Our cell phones get really bad service unless put near a window or used outside.

A guy in another forum from Mechanicsburg PA said he is also getting a lot of this today as well.

If any Comcast employees are reading this could they please investigate the central and east central PA region to see if there are any outstanding tickets?

I think I'm on the Philly switch, if I recall what the tech said to me when it was first installed back in March.

Contributor

Re: All Circuits are Busy?

[ Edited ]
Definitely sounds like a wiring or a switch issue.  

Message Edited by MrMosley on 08-17-2007 10:34 PM