Regular Contributor
viasat

Arris TG852G/CT Battery Light Blinking

Had Comcast voice installed yesterday with the Arris TG852G/CT modem. I know the unit was new in the box but not sure about the battery. The battery light is still blinking. Uninstalled it and reinstalled to no avail. Any suggestions?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Arris TG852G/CT Battery Light Blinking

The flashing battery is supposed to be when the battery is defective. 

I've notified the Comcast Cares Team who can look at the status of your eMTA remotely and decide if they can send out another battery or if the eMTA is bad.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team this business week.

In the mean time, unplug the AC power to the eMTA and see if it stays powered up, or shuts down.  That will show if the battery is working at all or not.

Regular Contributor
viasat

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the quick reply- I will do the power off test. Everything else seems to be working great. Signed- A happy Comcast customer

Regular Contributor
viasat

The modem did fail the power test. I will install a ups in the mean time and wait for instructions, Thanks for all the help.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

viasat--

Sorry about the issues with your modem, I am showing that there's a issue with your battery, now that can mean it's either removed from your modem, not plugged in correctly or it needs to be replaced. I can send out a replacement battery at no additional charge.

But before I do that I need to determine if the battery is dead and hasn't had enough time to charge. Has the battery stayed in the modem since your were installed with phone service?

Thank You
-Keisha-
Regular Contributor
viasat

Hey Keisha- The battery has blinked since the install. I even reseated it twice. Got a sneaking  suspension that it was bad from the get go.Looks used and generic to me. Can you please send me a new one? I would hate to lose power and need to call 911. Thanks for all your help. All my Comcast products are working fabulous. I'm a happy camper.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

-

Thank you for the additional information and troubleshooting. A customer care rep will reach out to you soon so we may exchange this battery for you.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Recognized Contributor
Ronny_Cordova

A quick suggestion if you are feeling adventurous, pull the battery out of the bottom of your modem and double check the metal pins on the inside.  Sometimes one of them can be bent over if the battery is installed at an odd angle.  Also what color is the battery?  Usually the 852s will have a green one.

Regular Contributor
viasat

Got the battery in hand. All pins look okay. The battery is black. Looking for a date code but it's not to be found. Thought this was cool ! Got a call and email today from a very nice lady @ Comcast headquarters concerning this little issue. She spoke to me like I was a million dollar customer. Assured me that I would receive a brand new battery soon. Thanks to all the forum folks,this little bitty issue made it all the way to the top. 

A Thankful customer

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

--

I am happy to hear that you received a new battery and everything is working fine.

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor

What Battery do I need for the Arris TC862 cable modem?  It doesn't state anywhere on the modem what battery to use and it appears the TC862 has been superceded by the TG862G or something like that.  Where can I get the battery I need.

Bronze Star Contributor
Chuckph

Re: Arris TG862G battery light blinking

So.. If I have had it in there for a while (battery) and then one day (today) I noticed it blinking.. it is on me the cost to replace the battery?

Contributor
mhunterdts

I ordered a battery from amazon ($17 Arris Arct00830) for my arris tg862 and received it yesterday - since comcast is no longer supplying them.  After chargning for half a day it was still blinking, i thought it was defective.  So i found out the modem charges at a ridiculously slow pace!  I have the large battery that is 4400mah, and the battery charges at about 110ma.  meaning it takes almost 2 full days to charge the battery!  This morning (after 16 hours of charging) we're at 37% woo hoo!!!   This really should be adressed in the modem to charge faster, but is not the fault of the battery. 

So buy on amazon and save more than 50% over comcast! 

Bronze Star Contributor
Chuckph

Thanks, mhunterdts

Contributor
rwharold

I have a brand new Arris Gateway TG862G. I bought the 10/12 hour battery ( ARCT00830) and installed it properly. The modem did a complete charge to a full status. Then the modem did a "Battery Test in Progress" and now the battery is depleted at 0% charge and the front panel Battery indicator light is flashing. It doesn't appear to be re-charging. Will it eventually recharge to 100% status or is something wrong with the battery?

New Visitor
ricir

I just installed a battery I got on Ebay.  The battery light is blinking - how can you tell the charging %?  I want to track this so I can return it if it's bad.  Thanks.

New Visitor
mark42

My TC862G has been beeping every 15 minutes for the last week. It has no battery. Not sure why the beeping just started, since I have had this modem for around 6 months now. There is no battery light, only beeping. Does anyone else get this beeping?

Thanks. -Mark