Visitor

Call Screening NOT working

We have received calls from 213-504-7015 far too often, and at weird hours, in the one week since we added Comcast Digital Voice, along with many sweepstakes and "donation" solicitations using my maiden name, which is the one on our Comcast account.

When I asked, Comcast told me they don't sell numbers. Ha.

Read this, which I found when trying to find out where these calls were coming from:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-213-504-7015 

I blocked the number the other day by dialing *60 and adding the number to my list, and turning on call screening. Tonight - yet ANOTHER call from this number!!!!! When I tried to block it as the last number that called us, Call Screening told me I was already blocking that number. Oh really?

Anyone else have insight/advice? We want our phone to ring ONLY when it's our friends, family or work calling. That's it. Yes, we're on the do not call list, but it's a new number, so it may not have taken effect yet.

Regular Contributor

Re: Call Screening NOT working

Mine is not working right any more either.  I use to be able to block toll free numbers - well any numbers as long as it didn't display on caller id as Unknown caller.  Now it is not working and the customer service rep could not provide any resolve.  Techs out there? any info? Its like the feature has reversed back to the dinosaur ages when call blocker first emerged and it could only block local tns. any one else having trouble on this feature???
New Visitor

I have experienced the exact same problem.  I have 6 18** numbers on my list which I entered a few months ago.  Now when I try to enter one it tells me that it is an invalid number.  It is time for a few thousand of us to contact Comcast management.
New Visitor
schnoopdoof

That's great .... Just great .... It appears I'm not the only one who's call screening is not working.  I recently switched from Qwest to Comcast as my tele provider (a bundler).  Since the switch I get calls from every state in the US.  Some as late as 10:00 PM.  When I answer the call there is no on on the other end.  If there is someone on the other end it is a solicitor.  Caller ID shows no name ... Just a city and state and the number.  I've called customer service numerous times and chatted with techs on-line.  Nothing has helped.  Their suggestions were to block the numbers coming in.  One of the numbers shown on caller ID is 011 ... Their service won't allow me to block a three digit number ... Only ten digit or seven.  Their other suggestion was to re-boot my modem.  

uh huh ..... A call just came in ... One constant caller ... Caller ID says ... Denver Co --- 303-945-3898

Can anyone PLEASE help?

Regular Contributor
VSHixson

It seems this is a common problem, so I suspect comcast has a stake in it. I just had what might be an "Eureka" moment. Instead of trying to block the numbers, why not have them forwarded to one of the other telemarketers that allways call. I'll let you know how it turns out. "When the law will not enforce it's own rules, your only option is to dispence your own justice!

Regular Contributor
VSHixson

Well, it's been a week now with no new calls so I'd have to say it works. Just be sure the calls are not being forwarded to somewhere outside the US or you will get a toll charge. Sucess is sweet!

Contributor

I think the reason it isn't working for us may be that they have used a spoofed phone number. In other words maybe it comes from somewhere else and just shows up as the number they've listed.

?

Contributor

Comcast's revamped call manager online is terrible. I can't block calls from 866 numbers ??? Also when I look at the "Answered Calls" list it is toatlly screwed up. On that list are several calls "from" my own phone number. What a mess. Comcast call manager before revamp was accurate and easy to use, not anymore!  GOOD JOB COMCAST!

New Visitor
mrowan

What a great idea! I am going to forward all of my harassing calls to my local comcast office. !

Visitor
XXcalls

What happens if you forward unwanted calls to the local Comcast number.  I'm on the do not call registry and have never received as many unwanted calls as I have with Comcast.  I've listed the numbers on call screening and call blocking several times and they still come from all over the country at all hours.  Is Comcast going to fix this?  When?  Also, why can't I delete these unwanted calls  from the missed calls list? August 2012

New Visitor
Davidgru

Why can't Comcast Call Screening block calls with "invalid phone number"s. Seems a no-brainer to me.

New Visitor
symbiology

cold calling facilitated by Comcast for profit.

From the volume of calls I get from just 1 provider "Sixtel LLC" (a VoIP provider) It is obvious that Comcast prefers to make money on both ends, by selling our numbers and then getting paid to connect the calls over their network. The whole 800 blocking is a joke, how about I don't want ANY calls from unknown or blocked ID numbers. If there is no number listed blackhole it. But then Comcast would not get paid since they make money when the call is "completed"

Contributor

This is the third time I've had to reenter the phone numbers I've entered to be screened. Somehow they get erased. I was maxed out (12) when the numbers disappeared twice before but this time I only had seven entered. When I entered the number that called me that I knew I had previously blocked, it became the only number in my screened list. What is going on?

Contributor
OlDad55

I just read another post in which a Comcast rep stated that call lists are stored for 90 days and then 'automatically deleted" and that there is no other way to edit numbers. My Call Block list is now full and the bastids just slightly changed their old numbers and have started calling at all hours again! Thanks COMCAST!

Contributor

So the user screened lists get removed every 90 days? When is Comcast going to tell me? Heck, when is Comcast going to tell its "customer service" reps. Waiting for a translator I guess.

New Visitor
jo_rtist

why does Comcast advertise "call screening" when it does not work?

Contributor

I have the limit of calls I donrt want and i just checked and 3 of them are repeat annoying calls on my list,
:702=722=5408(2 times today_ and then 914 294 2500 (twice after 7 last night HELP PLEASE

Contributor

I am getting calls at all hours from numbers on my do not call list  Please help Have a hospice situation here and dont need the annoyance..HELP  (941 366 9652

Contributor
GrampaSpey

Same problem here.

Spam mail blocking and blocking calls doesn't work.

If it worked, the limit of 12 numbers is too low.

Contributor

This is NOT my problem!!!!  Wrong problem~!!!!  I was out of all 3 services this month so far!!!!!!!  and my bill was expected it to go up a LITTLE!! BUT to be without phones, TV or internet for a total of almost 4 full days(NOT all at once!!!) is a LITTLE disconcerting!!!!!  Wrong phone 3s is NOT what I consider a MAJOR  problem....Please check on this for me a 20 year customer

Contributor

sorry one of my patients p[osted that complaint!!!!!!!!!!