Recognized Contributor

Call Screening really don't work?

I entered a number in "call screening" about a week ago to block Financial Credit calls to the previous tenant who had left the apt complex over 7 years ago.

Still got a call today.  My setting for Comcast answering is 4 rings & my phone's answerer answers after 2 rings.  The caller-id say the number was the same.

Now, is the Comcast's call screening working AFTER the 4th ring?  & not when Comcast know the number after the 1st ring but before the 2nd ring?  If such is the case, the Comcast "call screening" is worthless as the incompetent programmers.

I will set my phone answerer for 3 rings to see if the Comcast "call screening" is still ignored.

Contributor

Re: Call Screening really don't work?

Hi,

Call screening only screens 10 numbers at a time so you have to remove numbers after the 10th to put in a new one. 800 numbers are tricky because one company can have 10 different outgoing lines all under the same number. The thing that got me personally was making sure it was all on and not off. Once I found that was the problem. Good Luck!

Regular Visitor

Same problem for me - number is listed in screened calls list and I still get calls from same number. Does anyone at Comcast read this ? Do they ever reply ?

Recognized Contributor

There is only ONE (1) number & that is for Financial Credit.

Or there is a bug in the call screening....

The "moderators" claim that this is only a user-to-user forum even if Comcast says to go to the forums for help on the Comcast answering "service".  Comcast isn't really interested in helping via their forums & sometimes not even the "chat" as one can wait over 10 min.

Official Employee
ComcastVic

Hello 

When you place a number in the list, try placing it with the 11 and the 10 digits as some times numbers come in with the one in the area code and without it also etc..(xxx-xxx-xxxx and 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx). Try that and let me know if you still receive the calls from that number.

Thank you

ComcastVic.

Thank you
Comcast Vic.
New Visitor
Mienja

Tried to add 11 and it refuses to take 11 digits. It will only accept 10 digit input for the phone number so now what?

Official Employee
ComcastVic

Mienja, please end me your phone number on a private msg, I will look into this for you.

Thank you
Comcast Vic.
Bronze Star Contributor

I have only ever set up call screening via the telephone by dialing *60, not over the web. As a previous poster stated in addition to adding or removing numbers you also have to press one to turn the service on or off. Perhaps some variation of this problem is what is occuring here.

New Visitor
Mienja

I put it in as a 10 digit and it seems to recognize that so far! :smileywink:

Recognized Contributor

Looks like it does work; just had to wait a few days as I went back to check & didn't see anything else I should check.  Haven't received calls from Financial Credit that I'm aware of.

Just a question out of curiousity, does Comcast respond with a msg without ringing my phone or does Comcast just disconnect?  If it is a msg, can we use explicitives of our choice in the msg?:smileylaugh:

Regular Visitor

The on-screen input window cotrols the number of digits it accepts. I haven't got a call from the same number, have had calls from same company using different number. If Comcast could also screen caller names, it may help with some calls. Thx.

New Visitor

I put a number on the call screen list but it doesn't seem to be working.  I am still getting calls from third party collectors who need to provide written proof of the debt (which they never do).  You cannot get rid of these rodents through the do not call registry so how can I get this feature to work.

Thank you.

Regular Visitor

Has 'Voice Manager' been discontinued ? I can no longer find it or the list of numbers I've entered.

Official Employee
ComcastVic

thedf- Please check your inbox, I would like you to send me more details about this.
Thank you
Comcast Vic.
New Visitor
larrymurphy

Call Screening does not work anymore. Looks like Comcast changed the user interface and broke something. I currently have 12 numbers on my Call Screen list for one of my two Comcast phones (the fact that the limit is only 12 is another major matter). I am getting daily calls from a fradulent "volunteer" organization. I want to add their number to my list by (unfortunately) having to delete one of my existing spammer numbers. Clicking on "Screen Calls" yields "Working" for a very long time and then this cute error message "You may only specify up to 12 numbers from which to screen calls". I KNOW that. I called Comcast Tech Support and the guy couldn't even get past "Working". I tried both a Mac and a Windows/XP PC's. So I give up. I expect to be spammed daily by the fradulent organization until Comcast fixes their issue.

New Visitor

"Call Screening" on my web page has only one option, "Screen Anonymous Calls", there is no way to enter specific phone numbers. How do you get to enter your 12 specific phone numbers, I want to do this too. Thanks.

Recognized Contributor

not really "off topic" as I want to know when postings are deleted from the topics.  I see that a couple of my postings as well as other people posts have been deleted.

It looks like this forum is only allowing the display of a single page (1) & no more?  It is not in the "help guidelines".