New Visitor
j-o-s-e

Call forwarding not working

So I am a new subscriber as of today. Everything seems to be working with my phone. Except call forwarding. When doing *72 + the number, I get the recording that confirms the call forwarding feature. I even go into smartzone and it confirms that the number "took". But then, when I try to test it, it does not forward the call. It rings for about 5 times and goes straight to voicemail. I tried *73 to undo (it does) and then *72 again. Same results.

Any suggestions? 

...Jose

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Call forwarding not working

When you setup call forwarding using *72, you either must

Answer the remote phone that is being forwarded to

OR

After the first setup, hang up and repeat the process a 2nd time.  In otherwords, if the remote phone can't be answered, you must do the *72 & the number sequence twice.

New Visitor
j-o-s-e

I understand. I tried that. The problem is that the remote phone is not ringing at all (therefore, I can't answer it). The local (comcast) phone still rings and answers to voicemail. When I did the *72 a second time, it just gives me a dial tone.

...Jose

New Visitor
j-o-s-e

I found out what the problem is. You can't call the land line number from the forwarded number. If I call from another other phone (i.e., my cell), it works. Thanks.

...Jose

New Visitor
graciebeauty

Here's how to test if it works.  I had the same issue.  I was forwarding my home phone to my cell and those were the only two phones I had.  To test if the forwarding is working, I picked up my home phone and dialed *67 (block the number) and then my home phone.  It rang directly to my cell!