New Visitor
kraehi

Calls go Straight to Voicemail

I have a relatively new Comcast phone service.  I hooked up a new phone and I found out from a friend that called today that all calls are going directly to voicemail- my phone never rings. I have set up the phone totally so I know it has to be a Comcast issue.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Calls go Straight to Voicemail

Hello,

Just wondering how long has it been since you had the new service? It does take some time for the info to go to the database to get it activated.

Since you don't have any ringtones you can also check on the xfinity connect full version under preference and click on call manager and check to see if you have a option where you can change the number of rings before message is being sent to voice message.

If this has been all checked then you should call comcast and see if maybe they have to refresh or a coding issue.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

[ Edited ]

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor
dkioseff

I am having the same problem, i checked call manager and it was set to 5 rings before going to voice mail.  I changed it to 7.  Though that shouldnt make a difference.

All calls still go to voicemail.  This is a real problem since i only activated my home phone because i work at home and i cant afford the minutes on my iphone. 

I really dont want to have to call comcast for this, seems like a waste of time for something that should be simple.

New Visitor
DKreis

Similar situation here.  I can place but not receive calls- incoming calls go straight to voicemail without ringing the phone.  I apparently cannot manage my phone options or retrieve VM's without a PIN, which Comcast has not yet sent to me.

Meanwhile, I'm losing calls..

New Visitor
elliot0611

I have one person who calls from her house line and it goes right to voicemail.  Only her house phone.  She can call from her cell and its no problem.  She can call other people from her house line and has no issues.

New Visitor
leonardke

Having the same issue.  Calls go directly to voicemail.  I can call out but have no idea that someone is calling or has called.  I really hate to have to call and wait 10+ minutes for something that is probably a simple fix.  I've only been with comcast since the beginning of the month and didnt notice the problem because all we use is our cellphones.  I already checked the prefs online and changed the number of rings, but this did not help.  Somebody......anybody.....HELP!  

Contributor
kendo2

Only IMPORTANT Business calls -- perhaps others? -- go to voicemail after 2 or 3 rings -- perhaps no rings?. All calls are supposed to go to Comcast voicemail after 10 rings -- no greeting. I supposedly set it up that way, but Comcast has other (not better) ideas. My Normal answering machine with greeting picks up after 4 rings ... same old BS (not science) from U-Know-Who + weak caller database = Cell Phone_MA + weak DNS servers = strongly recommend Open DNS or Google. Comcast is always in the running for the "Golden Poo Award" as the Worst Company in America. They are gone in a week!

Recognized Contributor
mamabearlongs

You should check the lights on the front of your modem and post back what they were doing.  You should also make sure the coaxial cable connections are secure and you can also try resetting the modem by using a ball point pen to press the reset button on the modem.  If you have not already done so, you should try plugging a working phone directly into the modem to see if there is a problem with your inside phone wiring.

New Visitor
jchris101

Comcast/xfinity voice mail is set for 5 rings but incoming calls ocassionally go directly to voice mail after zero or one ring. Most of the time this occurs its from cell phones using bluetooth in the caller's car.

I would like a respolution.

I have changed the ring option to 6.

New Visitor
randireid2000

ONLY WITH ONE FRIEND and she has Comcast as well.  I can call her home number from my cell and it goes through; however, when I call her from my home phone it goes straight to her voicemail. She said I'm the only one who has that issue. Others can call her at home and it rings.

It's really aggravating because we talk almost daily and my cell phone is going dead, she has to call me at my home from her phone.

Recognized Contributor
mamabearlongs

[ Edited ]

In reply to randireid2000, 

You might have your friend check to see if your number accidentally got on her blocked calls list.  If this is not the case, send Comcast an email at we_can_help@cable.comcast.com because there might be a problem in the Comcast system.

New Visitor
Angelface47

All calls goto voice-mail on my phone. I cannot retrieve my messages. I use a different e-mail as my mail e-mail address: LJohns7370@yahoo.com; only because I needed a different account for a comcast address and did not know how to do so and would like to know that also, if you could help me with both of these questions. Thank you, Laura Johnston

New Visitor
jonesS

Today i had a tech come out, they reset my modem through the I.T department....took about 5 min
Visitor

Keisha -

This solution is a temporary fix and does not work for long..  We have done this numerous times in the past week and somehow, it gets switched back so that it automatically goes to voice mail.  During one of the four calls we have made to customer service, call forwarding was shut off completely, yet within 48 hours (or maybe less since we didn't test right away), our calls were forwarded to voice mail again.  

I have had a service ticket open for 5 days with no response.  I did receive a call on my cell phone however asking me to take a customer service survey. 

New Visitor
Deputydog857

It's JUNE 15, 2014 and this is STILL not resolved. We just bout the Triple package 2 1/2 months ago and I have YET to be able to call my home phone. My wife can call from her phone, about 2 out of every 20 tries. Changed the rings to NINE, NO change! Fix this mess, now. Worse service I have ever seen from a company.

P.S. Also the cable t.v. goes out EVERY night from about 3am til 5 am. Internet goes out every other night from 2-6 am. Really? About to take this elsewhere.

Angry Customer

Contributor

Same problem here also.  Very annoying talking to service techs.  Waste of time. I found that I have to reboot the modem every few days to get it to stop going directly to voicemail..  Worthless piece of s$%t!