Visitor
johnsir

Can't Change Preferences in Call Screening

I keep getting a "Send Error Report". Have tried for several days. I have Foxfire as a browser. Can you email you answer to me? suhr.john@comcast.net

Contributor

Re: Can't Change Preferences in Call Screening

I have the same prolblem , I get a error message when screening calls. How did you fix your prolblem?

Visitor
johnsir

It's not fixed. Anyone from comcast watching? We need help here!

Contributor

comcast is aware of the prolblem and told me there working on a fix. I need call screening because i keep getting unwanted calls. Who knows when how long it going to take

Visitor
johnsir

You would think that with the kind of tech support they have available this problem would have been long solved. What ever happened to the good old days when you could call Tech Support and they could talk you through your problem?

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

All,

Sorry for the delay. If you are still experiencing an issue with changing your call screening preferences please let me know. If you are receiving an error message please post it as well.

Thank You
-Keisha-
Contributor

im still getting a error message  . comcast hasnt fixed the prolblem yet

Contributor

i still get error message whe i press preferences

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Thank You
-Keisha-
Contributor

comcast tech called tonite  and there still working on the call manager prolblem.  I had to give him my password and then he called back in 10 minutes and told me he put me on the older version of xfinity called (xfinity connect lite) at least i can get into the call manager  now but it alittle differant. il have to use it till they fix the newer xfinity. if your still having prolblems call tech support and ask them to give you (xfinity connect lite) the older version. I hope this helps. ill keep this blog posted if anything else tuns up 

Contributor

Re: Call Management Center not working.

comcast is still working on the call manager prolblem.on the newer version of xfinity. voice. The tech called me and i gave him my password and he called back in 10 minutes . and said he put me on the older version  called (xfinity connect  lite) untill comcast fixes the prolblem ill have to use the older version . call the dummys at comcast and ask for (xfinity connect lite) i hope this helps ultill they fix the real prolblem. ill keep the blog posted if anything turns up

Visitor
johnsir

With everything going on for the holidays, I didn't have time to do this. I got a really nasty call from a relative whose number I wanted to block. My wife was very upset.

Why can't Comcast just fix the problem? PLEASE!!!

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

You can still setup call screening on the phone's keypad, you don't have to use the online tools.

Here’s how to use Call Screening.

What is Call Screening?

Call Screening allows you to create a list of up to 12 callers who will receive an announcement saying that you aren’t available.

• You can’t list your XFINITY Voice telephone number.
  • You can’t list International telephone numbers.
  • You can’t list telephone numbers beginning with area codes of 900, 500, 700, or 976.
  • You can’t list telephone numbers with extensions of 555.
  • You can’t list 911 telephone numbers.
  • You can’t list 411 telephone numbers.

To activate Call Screening from your home phone

1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
  2. Press *60.
  3. Follow the prompts to activate and deactivate the feature—and to add, delete, or review the numbers on your list. When creating your list, include the area code for local and long distance numbers.

To deactivate Call Screening from your home phone

1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
  2. Press *80.
  3. When prompted, press 3 to turn the feature off.

Visitor
johnsir

Thank you for your response! I was able to block the nasty phone call this way. Please inform me when the online version is available again.

Thanks again and have a Happy New Year!

New Visitor
chouse602

I keep getting a "Send Error Report". Have tried for several days. I have Internet Explorer as a browser. 

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Thank You
-Keisha-
Visitor
Jefftro

Unable to utilize any features of call screening. [ Error dvc -351 ]  I actually could care less, however it was a very nice option that prevented all those solicitors. Attempted to utilize * 60 , unfortunately the robot claims I have no list of blocked numbers [ I had 8 ] . 

I also suspect you are here to soothe the wrath of said disgruntled masses. I mean , Really, who

wants Comcast customers with pitchforks and torches demanding a fix. 

In all candor Keisha [ you are an insider of the" EVIL CORPORATION "] can you give us a ballpark time on a fix ? Two, three, four month > one year ! :smileyhappy: Thanks 

New Visitor
jsaultz

When I try to use Call Manager, it says "Network Error", and gives me the option to "Send Error Report".  I tried that several weeks ago with no success.  I still get the Network Error and am unable to set any Voicemail preferences from my PC.

Contributor

you need to get xfintiy lite which is the old version  for voice mail. (temporary fix) Try signing off of comcast and re-enter your screenname and password. then search for xfinity lite and check the box and save. the main thing is to sign off and sign in on comcast. give it a try it wont hurt

New Visitor
compuable

Thank you for the information and steps to block calls via Call Screening.

While we are discussing this; on a related note: can someone from Comcast (Admin etc.) please explain to me why Comcast Voice Screening only allows only 12 phone numbers to be blocked?

The reason I ask is because I signed up for a service on-line that provides coupon’s and (somewhat naively) provided my Comcast phone number and have consequently been inundated with calls from numerous charity-related telemarketers.  

I really wish Comcast would consider allowing for many more blocked numbers. The allowed 12 blocked numbers filled up very quickly.

Thank you.

Visitor
Jefftro

I attempted to engage your suggestion for a temporary fix [ lite version ] twice unsuccessfully. From my perspective it will be fixed when it gets fixed [ If ever ] . Comcast is obviously aware of the issue. What I find odd is the feature worked fine and then simply STOPPED working. It isn't your problem, however I do value your input. :smileyhappy: 

Contributor

try calling comcast tech support and tell them to walk you through to get xfinity lite. thats what i had to do. I know its frustrating . give it a try cant hurt nothing. like i said in one of my posts signing off comcast and re-entering your screenname and password was the fix . . once you get into the call manager . theres a box in the left corner that says general. hit that box and thats whare you fing xfinity lite