New Visitor
Ginop

Cannot receive incoming calls

When someone calls my telephone number they get a recording "This number is no longer in service". I called COMCAST and they told me it could take 3 to 4 days to get fixed.  They said it was a SERVER problem and they didn't know when it would be repaired.  What am I supposed to do for phone service till then?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot receive incoming calls

[ Edited ]

When we get a caller the phone rings one time only sometimes only a half ring and the call is dropped  the caller gets a sharp crackling sound and sometime a noise like a fax machine trying to receive and we don't and never have had a fax on this line, very frustrating. So far I can call out o k but incoming calls are not getting through. Help!!

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Does this happen on each incomming call?

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Frequent Visitor

Yes on each incoming call.  For now we have set up call forwarding to my cell phone and that is working.  We also found that some calls don't even make a ringtone at all on the house phone.  They are being forwarded to my cell and the house phone never made even a partial ring. There is no telling how many calls we have not received in the past several days. Every once in a while we will take the call forwarding off and call the house phone on the cell to see if anything has changed. On some calls calls the house phone does nothing other times it will make a partial ring and we have found that if you answer quick enough there can be a connection and then you can talk.  No problem making calls out. Strange!

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Once last question - how long has this been happening? Is 1/1 or 1/2 accurate?

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin