Recognized Contributor

Digital Voice Outage.....

Tried searching but the grey type on grey background was giving me eyestrain & a headache; think we aren't meant to use the forums?

Now,  looking at the "outage" report/listing, I see that my area has outages regarding digital voice as of nov 26, @ 9:08pm  EST even tho my area is PST.  Today is nov 27 & at 8:30pm PST, the outage still shows up.????

Does this mean digital voice isn't working for over 24 hrs?  Can we get a better explanation?   especially I'm supposed to be getting CDV installed on dec 3, & am concerned whether cdv will not work after installation due to the "outage" or other problems.

I'm not too worryed about phone usage due to power outages as the same will happen to a landline/pots since I only have cordless phones.

Recognized Contributor

Re: Digital Voice Outage.....

Well......the outage board still shows outage for digital voice.

Anyone know what are "performance" issues & the problem?  Is it only for my region?

Recognized Contributor

No response from any comcast person.

Today is nov 30 @ 2:49 pm pst & the outage board still say there my area still has the same outage since nov 26.

Only 3 days to the cdv installation......will anything work?

Visitor

So far I've been out of service since the 26th also. I'm in the Houston area, and haven't thought of looking for an area outage since the tech department told me that the problem was exclusive to my phone. I have a dail tone, but can't call out or in. When calling out, I just get the fast "busy signal", and when calling in, get a message stating the call can't go through due to technical difficulty. They told me that the ticket had been sent to the home office in Colorado, and that I would recieve a call as soon as the problem was resolved. Any ideas? I'm about at the end of my rope.

Recognized Contributor

I'm in Northern California & the outage board still say a problem since nov 26 & that the "engineers are on site" for the problem.  Sacramento area is a ways from Houston area!

Still no reply from any of the "moderators" regarding the outage.

Normally, I wouldn't be concerned, but I'm going thru the processes of Dr's appointments for cataract surgery & the phone is necessary for getting phone calls from the doctors regarding appointments & such.

2 days & counting for comcast digital voice installation; hope a competent tech will be sent out for the install, especially when he cannot get the phone to work.

Think I'll do a printout of the outage board for him to see when the time comes.

Recognized Contributor

CDV installed & is apparently working.  The tech said that the outage in my area didn't affect the node I'm connected to.

Had thought the CDV equip was an addon but cdv & internet is on the same modem.

The tech also said that on power outages, I could plug-in a corded phone onto the back of the modem for use, provided that the battery didn't get runned down.  Will be checking for a plain no nothing corded phone......

New Visitor

My telephone service is not working properly.  I have a dial tone but can not call out. Incoming calls come in but there is no sound and the caller id does  not register the call.  
Visitor

Well, again no digital voice service. It's December 7th, and have had nothing since Nov. 26th. Just like everything else, it's all about the sale, nevermind the service. I'm sure the engineers are on this, and will have a fix by march. In the mean time, I'll give them a couple more days, and I'm going back with my old supplier. I mean this is really sad-no courtesy call, nothing. Just sit, wait, and hope. I've about had enough.