New Visitor
TLLC4

Disabling my call waiting feature

I want to disable call waiting, for more than just the current call. How do I go about doing this?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Disabling my call waiting feature

Hello,

You can dial *70 before making an outgoing call to disable call waiting

New Visitor

But *70 only works for the current call.  I want to disable it forever.  How do I do that?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

To permanently disable call waiting please call Comcast support.  That is the only way.

New Visitor
swing4thefence

What if I want to disable it in anticipation of an incoming call?

I know some of the non-digital phone service providers have a command you can punch to disable it for a while and then another command that you can punch to re-able it.

Finally, when I was with Vonage, I could actually log in to my account online and change the call-waiting and call forwarding settings there.

Xfinity needs to get on the stick.

New Visitor

#43 turns Call Waiting OFF.  *43 turns Call Waiting ON. *70 is on a per call basis, #43 turns it off until you turn it back on with *43.  :smileyhappy:

New Visitor

#43 does not work with unlimited select.  I have called numerous times and can't get anyone to disable call waiting.  I am at the end of my rope here.  Someone should be able to fix this.

New Visitor
aimee43

I've been trying to disable call waiting by working with Comcasts tech support. They've told me that my account reflects that the option is disabled however, I still can hear the beep while on the phone. We were round and round and round until I finally stopped into a Comcast office. Apparently this is an issue with their modems. Comcast would "flip the switch" to remove Call Waiting but if the model ever had to be reset, the option would reinstall. To fix this I was given another modem, a newer model. Apparently, they fixed this bug with this new modem because the call waiting feature is no longer on my line.

Contributor
AngryAmI

[ Edited ]

I see the above post is rather recent. I too have been having issues with having called SEVERAL employees. This is hindering my ability to do a work at home job. I just recently got my service, as in October. One would hope that we would have a New modem being as we were told so at the time of pickup. Having read the other comments I wondered if others had stayed with Comcast and had success at turning off call waiting any other way or is it off to pick up a new modem?

Also my problem is not with me making calls, I would be recieving calls and need to Not have call waiting sending others to my voice mail.

So where is the code for that?

New Visitor
aimee43

I need a "no call waiting "line for the same reason, a work from home project. This new modem has fixed my problem, hope you find the NEW modem works too. I ended up going in to a Comcast store to get this issue resolved, no one could identify the problem when I called in to their tech support.
Contributor
AngryAmI

Got a new modem today, the tech there said that NO ONE did anything and again reassured us that we were getting what we needed...

Newsflash the call waiting still works

THANKS FOR ALLOWING ME TO LOSE MY JOB COMCAST

Contributor
AngryAmI

Lifesaver!!!!

I got in touch with Nick and he got it done, after a few private messages and bam!

Got a call and they turned off my features!!!!!

Visitor
djg1979

I have the same problem any help would be appreciated.

New Visitor
Brook92

Any new information on how to get call waiting removed as soon as possible? Ive been calling 1-800-comcast and they keep telling

Me different stories. I NEED THIS REMOVED ASAP!
New Visitor
aimee43

If Comcast says they've removed the Call Waiting option and you want to check it while they're still on the phone, have them use another phone to call your landline while you're on the landline talking to them. If they or you hear the Beep for an incoming call they'll know it's not turned off. They kept telling me that when they looked at my account the Call Waiting option was off so I had them call me and they heard the beep. They didn't know what to do so I went in to the Comcast office and that's when they discovered a problem with the old modem. They handed me a new modem and it fixed my problem.