New Visitor
MerriT

Don't have dial tone on all phones

This has been going on way too long and I need it resolved.  It started 2 years ago when my phone line "lost juice" every 6 mos or so.  It would work great for awhile then after a few months the call quality decreased and I could hear others but they couldn't hear me.  Comcast brought out a new phone modem.  It happend again a few months later and got another modem.  That issue seems to be resolved but ever since then, in the process of testing phones, etc. now I can't get dial tone throughout my home.

I have a corded phone that I want to use in my office where the modems are and I have a cordless system that has a base unit and 3 handsets.  None of the wall jacks seem to work in the house any more.  I can only get dial tone on the phone plugged into the phone modem.  If the phone plugged into the modem is the cordless base unit, I think I get dial tone to the other handsets (I'm charging phones now to make sure).  But I want to use my desk phone in the office and put the cordless base unit back in the kitchen where I originally had it and have the other handsets work.  I've tried plugging phones into the phone router, into the wall jack and into my new Technicolor TC8305C modem/router.  I need each phone to get dial tone no matter where it's placed in the house.   Shouldn't the wall phone jacks still work?  The phone modem is a Touchstone Telephony Modem. 

New Visitor
TBaumn715

Re: Don't have dial tone on all phones

please have someone from comcast to check out my phones i dont get touch tone or cannot see who is calling me [;ease come today my address is 715 ann street duryea pa 715 ann street i cannot call out all phones are out