Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Extended serious trouble

We upgraded from the double to triple play July 19th adding digital phone.

We have spoken with over a dozen agents and had two field techs. We receive only some calls. Even Comcast has trouble calling us therefore we cannot continue trouble shooting with the same agaent.

I am elderly and ill and need reliable phone service. This has been over a week now of trying to get someone to tell us there is a ticket that has been escalated. One lady, Sabrina badge # 5016 was enthusiastic but she has now been unabke to call us back proving we are missing calls. We have given numbers of people who cannot call in at all but to no avail. .

I am waiting two more days then going back to VERIZON. We never mssed a call with them.

We will get the double play for one year at ten more dollars then verizon triple play will be available as Fios is being dug as we speak.

I feel badly as i have been a loyal customer for years with  Comcast and if only they would get this issue attended to we would be all set.

Peter

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Extended serious trouble

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will get the right local people to get it fixed.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Regular Contributor

It is important to know my issue is being attended to.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Your issue is being attended to. Someone will be contacting you soon.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Regular Contributor

Hello Larry

I spoke with a "Larry" who told me the issue is internal. Perhaps it was you. I am hoping that Danielle Hayes  at

14105133156 (Whitemarsh) will follow through with you. We spoke last week and she has Sunday and Monday off..

I would like to stick with the triple play from Comcast instead of the double play with Verizon but may have no choice.

We were thinking, is it possible to start all over from the very beginning hoping to pick up on an error that is eluding everyone during the first attempt.

It would mean replacing the modem etc. all hard and software redone or retraced but I do not know if it is advisable. Is there some way you can reach her Tuesday and see if this can be done by the end of the week .

The issue remains the same. Some calls cannot be received. and I have given at least three of these to Comcast.

Please jump in and help out.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Peter Nowell

New Visitor
2011harrysexton

The phone has been out all night was out most of all day yesterday this is happening to often what is going on ? this is in dothan al 36301 .

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

2011harrysexton wrote:

The phone has been out all night was out most of all day yesterday this is happening to often what is going on ? this is in dothan al 36301 .

You need to call it in to Comcast support, it might just be your location having issues.

Did you reset your eMTA telephony modem, there is a recessed button on the back you need to push.

Regular Contributor

Hello

This is an update to my issue. i spoke with Kim Pinkett last night and she said she would disable voice mail as my recorder would be in conflict with it. I currently have the answering machine at 4 rings and the fax at 6. Voice mail still appears but I think it will take a day or two to be terminated.

We are hopeful that Thursday we can call a couple of the numbers that consistently could not be received at our home and have success. If not we are to call Andrai, our installer, and M.Pinkett. My hope is still to get the triple play to become effective.

Does anyone here have an update on the staus of the issue. The inital instalation was July 20 and the second attempt was Monday of this week.

We received no contact today to indicate an error was discovered.

Thank you for your continued cooperation an contact.

Peter N.

Regular Contributor

Hello

We are going to have to either get this issue resolved by next week or have to stop the attempt.

I called my auto dealer and he said they have been trying to call us for weeks. This is only one example. I have had to email and call everyone in our directories.

Only some incomoing calls are not coming through and this has been going on since July 20th.

Adrai #7001 said to call him on Thursdy the 11th if the issue was not corrected but he never returned my call on two attempts.

Danielle has disassociated herself from the issue. 

M.Pinkett had been in touch but I think she hasn't the heart to call us to tell us it does not look good.

We are assured the problem will be rectified, but it lingers.

I don't think any customers have been this patient.

I feel strongly that Verizon has not completed the transaction on their end but do not know what Comcast can do about it. This is based uopn my discussions with technicians.

Unless there is a clean transfer from Verizon, this is going to linger.

We need to hear there is something substantially being done with a resolve or it is not likely it will get resolved so we can get on with plans.

We have been very cooperative so please do the same as status quo cannot continue.

Peter N.

Regular Contributor

Larry

Please see your pm as I just reached the NJ repair center for verizon who said verizon never ported my number over but only stopped the verizon voice mail on 7/24/11.

Comcast said they would tell Verizon to stop the verizon phone but Bob for verizon in repair said our number is still acticve with verizon and has never been disconnected. No wonder the trouble. Please get this to someone who can help us.

Thank you again

Peter Nowell 

New Visitor
2011harrysexton

My problem has been solved the phone line was broken going to the modem it works fine know . Thanks