New Visitor

Home phone not working

My home phone is not working. Internet and cable are fine, I even see the caller ID on my TV, but we have no ring tone. Please adivse.

New Visitor
pcanant

Re: Home phone not working

My  home  phones stopped working 2 days  ago. The TV &  internet started working two days ago.

please connect the  home  phones back into service, Phil

New Visitor
p_brantley

phone system hasn"t worked properly for the last two weeks. I need a tech to come and analyze what the problem is. The rings but there's no correspondence from the other end. I can pick up voice messages.

Visitor
AJW_Norton

We can call out on the phone but people calling us are getting a 'phone number is not in service' message.  Comcast is not responding to my inquiries.  Very frustrating!!

New Visitor
p_brantley

I am not getting any response to my questions. Either the phone not working properly or the phone system is on the blink.How can I resolve the problem

New Visitor
p_brantley

the phone rings but when i go to answer the phone it's silent. You can retrieve voice messages but i'm unable to talk to anyone.

New Visitor
p_brantley

Is it possible to chat or talk to someone?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

Because this is a user to user community forum, there is no one from Comcast here that can check your service.

The suggestion is always to try first resetting the telephony modem by pressing the small indented button on the back of the telephony modem where the cables attach.  If that doesn't help, then unplug the phone cord at the L1/L2 jack and plug in a known good wired telephone to give it a test.  If it then works, it would be issues with your inside phone wiring, jacks, splices or equipment.

If it doesn't work connected directly to the telephony modem, then please contact Comcast support for help at 1-800-266-2278, they can do a health check on the modem and decide on what it will take to get it fixed.

You can chat with Comcast support here.

New Visitor
p_brantley

we exchanged a different phone with the problem phone and found the problem phone just doesn't work so we are going to purchase a new phone to solve the problem, Hopefully.

New Visitor
Mslindado

The best option you have is contact them through the 24 hour online chat. They resolve my issue and you don't have to wait like 10 minutes for a representative to answer.
New Visitor
Nikul

I just joined Comcast Xfinity bandwagon and  stuck with the same issue. Many callers are trying to reach us and get message that "This number is no longer in service". Called Comcast and they made ONE test call. It went through so they said they can not do anything more. But I am having problems all along. Many people can not reach us. Since many of you are having issues, keep posting here and someone higher up in Comcast will care to get this fixed. I had Vonage for one year and ATT for 11 years and had NO ISSUE AT ALL.

Nikul