lyda111

How do I block a phone number that is harassing me

Please help me I need to block a number from calling me and I do not know how

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: How do I block a phone number that is harassin

Here you go

call screening.JPG

You can also add the number to block in Smartzone under .preferences / call screening

Regular Contributor
LS8112

I have been getting calls that shows up on my call log as 80-018-0200 for quite some time now.  I realize that this must be wrong but I want to block the number.  I have had 4 calls just this evening.....the last after 11:45PM.  Normally, I just don't pick up but finally, I picked up the last 2 calls tonight and the first time it was dead silence with a hang up.  The second, dead silence and then, "good bye" and a hang up.  My guess is that Comcast's call log is screwing up and guessing the number might be 800-180-2000.

Any ideas, Comcast person that is supposed to be monitoring these forums?

Official Employee
ComcastZhou

We checked from the network side. The call is routed to our network with only 9 digits (800180200). So it is not a call log display issue. Currently, a user can block calls with 10 or 11 digits via star code or Xfinity Connect (previously Smartzone) portal. We will look into future enhancements for this case.

New Visitor
maxbulldog1

That # will connect you to a scam! I had the same thing,get calls from that # every night, then i answered it once and got sucked in! they lied to me to let them access my computer remotely, got f**ked, they removed  start files from my computer, were  getting ready to sell me a fix! I cut it off to find that they removed files and back-ups! I still have to fix it, better than the 250$ it might have cost me!

Regular Contributor
LS8112

You are wrong.  Your call blocking system rejects a 9 digit number as incorrect.

Visitor

Yes..Please check into into it !! ASAP !!

New Visitor
jebains1427

How do I block a phone number that is harassing me

I am receiving a call from 733-856-7567 approximately every 30 minutes.  I also receive calls from 933-856-7567, Unknown and 0000000000.  Xfinity will not allow me to block these numbers, stating that they are invalid numbers.

How to I block them?

New Visitor
bshanteau

Please block calls from invalid phone numbers

I am getting junk calls from (831) 159‑632‍4. Trying to block this number using your web interface is unsuccessful. I get the message that it is not a valid US number, meaning that the caller is hiding his real number.

Why does Comcast allow calls to reach its customers from invalid phone numbers? Please block them.

New Visitor
collingwood

Re: Please block calls from invalid phone numbers

i am receiving calls several  times a day from 800 900 1370 which apperars is a collection agency,  they ask for a certain person who does not live here and when we advise them of that fact they keep calling several times a day for now two months of aggravtion.  please block this number from our phone.  i am a hearing impaired person who uses a captel captioned phone and they ares harassing me even thoug i have asked them to desist

New Visitor
NTSchmitz

I keep on getting calls from "Winnetka, CA" 818-206-4554.  This has been going on for quite a while, sometimes multiple times a day.  I attempted to use the call screening feature (*60, option 1 and 2), and once I entered the number, the response was "phone number not valid.". 

How do I stop these clowns from calling me?  This number is a source for a lot of complaints.

Bronze Problem Solver
geek46

Re: Please block calls from invalid phone numbers

collingwood wrote:

i am receiving calls several  times a day from 800 900 1370 which apperars is a collection agency,  they ask for a certain person who does not live here and when we advise them of that fact they keep calling several times a day for now two months of aggravtion.  please block this number from our phone.  i am a hearing impaired person who uses a captel captioned phone and they ares harassing me even thoug i have asked them to desist

Log inot your Account online, go to VOICE-PREFERENCES and put that number in the CALL BLOCKING area...

-=Ray=-

Bronze Problem Solver
geek46

NTSchmitz wrote:

I keep on getting calls from "Winnetka, CA" 818-206-4554.  This has been going on for quite a while, sometimes multiple times a day.  I attempted to use the call screening feature (*60, option 1 and 2), and once I entered the number, the response was "phone number not valid.". 

How do I stop these clowns from calling me?  This number is a source for a lot of complaints.

Log into your account and enter the number in the CALL BLOCK area.... they will continue to call you, but you will not hear your phone ringing from THAT number.....  one word of caution, once they figure out you blocked them, they will most likely revert to using a call numebr spoofing program to MASK thier number or have it appear as something else.... always be vigilant!!!

-=Ray=-

New Visitor
bshanteau

@geek46: Your suggestion does NOT work!!!!!! When I try to type the spammer's number into the box for blocking numbers, I get an error message saying it is not a valid telephone number. Somehow spammers have figured out how to show invalid numbers on their target's Caller ID!!!

What Comcast needs to do is allow invalid numbers in the block list!!!!

Bronze Problem Solver
geek46

bshanteau wrote:

@geek46: Your suggestion does NOT work!!!!!! When I try to type the spammer's number into the box for blocking numbers, I get an error message saying it is not a valid telephone number. Somehow spammers have figured out how to show invalid numbers on their target's Caller ID!!!

What Comcast needs to do is allow invalid numbers in the block list!!!!

The spammer is using a spoofing device...How can Comcast program literllay milloins of invalid numbers to not accept?????

I am gettying a +20 1 that if you look up is EGYPT, but I know it isn't Egypt calling me...

Just trying to explain.... don't shoot the messenger!!!