New Visitor
kbsurvive

How do I turn off voice mail on my phone?

I find I am missing a lot of messages because if I am on the phone apparently callers are able to leave a voice message on comcast.  I do not want to use this service.  I have an answering machine and will continue to use this.  So please help about turning off voicemail on comcast/xfinity.

thanks

Recognized Contributor
dummycvg

Re: How do I turn off voice mail on my phone?

In order to get rid of the VoiceMail feature, you would have to call Comcast and have them remove it for you. If you have them remove VoiceMail for you, it will also remove some other features as well. I would give Comcast a call to see what other features would be removed if you removed the VoiceMail feature.

Or another option would be to change the number of rings the comcast line has and change the ansering machine you have to 1 ring before, so your answering machine will pick up the call before it goes to VoiceMail. I.E. Comcast line has 8 rings and your answering machine has 7 rings, Answering machine will pick up first,   

But some people still come across problems with that so it may be better to give Comcast a call still.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

You can remove voice mail without removing any other features.

New Visitor
dinankeith

I have another answering machine as well and the comcast voice mail interupts my fax when I am trying to receive a fax.  What other services could canceling the voice turn off.