Visitor

Modems for Comcast Telephone Service

I just started telephone service on Comcast. The modem that I have, which is rented from Comcast, is a Ubee DVM3203B. Is there a list of compatible modems that I can purchase? Is there a specific protocol that it must follow so that if I find a modem that is not on the list, I would know if it will work for this service?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Modems for Comcast Telephone Service

There is only one model you can purchase at select Best Buy stores at this LINK that have Comcast Connection Centers in them staffed by Comcast reps.  You purchase the Arris TM722G for $150 and the Comcast rep set's up the installation by a Comcast tech at additional cost.

These are telephony modems but do not have a wireless router in them, so you also must have a wireless router to add behind the modem for wi-fi for your home.

The sale of the Arris eMTA is only in certain markets, if your area is not listed, then your area is not yet offering customer owned eMTA's.

That is the only option, any purchase from online stores or auction sites do not qualify and a unit from anywhere other than Best Buy would not be activated by Comcast.

Visitor

Thanks a lot. Are there any Comcast Connection Centers in any Best Buys in New Jersey? I went to a Best Buy today in East Hanover and they said that they did not have anything for Comcast.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

There are 6 BB's in NJ on the list in the link in my answer.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

-

If you need more assistance please let us know.

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor
dab55

I live in St Johns County , FL  Id like to know were I can purchase a telephony modem.  The BB store that is oon the list in Jacksonville dosen't have a clue or carry Arris modems.

Visitor

I had similar experience in NJ. No one seemed to know where or what it was that I was trying to get. I have still been renting my cable modem as I could find where to buy it.

Regular Visitor
cat-tek

[ Edited ]

Re: my posts on this subject  I bought an eMTA from my Best Buy, which had been forwarded from a different B/B. They said they could special order the modems. You might ask you B/B about special ordering.

What you need to order is a: TM722G/CT - SIK, SKU 790450, DOCSIS 3.0 Digital Voice Modem

New Visitor
mariaefeo

where does i can found this comcast modem with phones lines