New Visitor
exs6

I have Comcast Voice and receive several automated robotic calls daily.  I noticed that there is a new free service available that will block robo calls before they come to your phone.  I checked them out at www.nomorobo.com.  Currently, they do not support Comcast land line.  Does Comcast plan to work with them?  If so, when? If not, why? Thanks.

Contributor
Whimsicals

Re: NoMoRoBo

I would also like to get rid of those annoying marketing calls which occur @ the same time EVERY DAY, and especially @ dinner time.  Hope this happens very soon.  thank you.

Visitor

I've been spammed by someone using Craig's List and Google Voice. The # in the Craig's List ad is to a Google Voice # which in turn has my land line #, then rings my phone. The caller ID shows me the party's # that is calling not the Google Voice #. I cannot block each of them, usually they only call once. I tried blocking the Google Voice # unsuccessfully. 55 to 75 calls a day for the last 2.5 months. Any suggestions out there?

New Visitor
wanye

I couldn't agree more wholeheartedly... right now I get robocalled on average four times a day. Add another one or two from actual telemarketers... never mind that I'm on the Do Not Call List. That worked for awhile, but now they just laugh at it. I get more junk calls than I do calls from people I want to talk with! So Comcast... PLEASE either allow us to block all robocalls, or give us a much longer list (how about unlimited?!) of blocked numbers. If it continues on this way I WILL drop the phone service all together. It's infuriating. It used to be a phone was for my convenience... now, the phone is an instrument for my torture by others. I'm tired of it. I want a way to fight back. Another suggestion... allow us to give our friends/family an access code they can type in so that the call gets connected, everyone else gets a message that says, "Sorry, cannot be completed as dialed." That used to be available on traditional phone company lines, so the technology exists. PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!

New Visitor
Kara-K

I've been getting scam calls about my computer being unsafe.  A (425)... number.  I checked noMoRobo and found that my comcast is not eligible.

I've had more spam calls with comcast/xfinity than any other phone system. I'm on do not call registry and I renew it each year. 

I've called customer service.  I've chatted with an anaylist who says they have added a "service" to block these scammers.  Analyst also says the scammers are "rampant".  

It is not good enough to block 12 phone numbers - this is a systemic xfinity issue that they need to address at a much higher level.    

FWIW, there is a Legal Response Center - 1-866-947-8572 that you can call after performing a call.

trace (*57)

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would love to see Comcast allow simultaneous ring and NoMoRobo. My bosses have Verizon Fios Voice. I signed them up for NoMoRobo, and voila -- no more robo-calls! It's wonderful! Please, please, please, Comcast!!!

New Visitor
lbtdmw

I am changing to Fios next week.  Impossible to get a response from COMCAST.

Visitor

Ditto. Please, Comcast! For the amount of money we pay you, please add Simultaneous Ringing to your services (at no charge, of course). Many other companies do this already. Jump on the bandwagon and keep your customers happy! Robotic calling is such a nuisance! NoMoRobo is waiting to add you to their list of providers who are proactive and interested in providing the best service so they can maintain their customers!
Contributor

I just called a "tech" person "skilled at solving Comcast voice problems." The "skilled" tech person put me on hold, said she googled "NoMoRoBo" and found nothing. I asked her if there was someone who I could ask about it and was told I had to call the "company president or sumting.". I am amazed at the skill and knowledge of Comcast service people! Really, simply amazed.

New Visitor
lbtdmw

I have never encountered such a bureaucratic, tone-deaf organization. I guess this is why competition is necessary.
New Visitor
rodmitchell369

I, too, am extraordinarily tired of robocalls which ignore the federal "Do Not Call" list.  Comcast is always difficult to get through to.  Hopefully, someone in some position of authority monitors these forums and will actually add this service (no cost to them, why not do it?).

Recognized Contributor
mamabearlongs

You might try creating your own Google Voice account and linking your telephone number to it which I think will remove your number from the other person's Google Voice account.  When linking a number, Google usually has to call you and verify the number link via an automated system.  You can unlink your number from your account once you get it transferred into your Google Voice account.

New Visitor

I would also like to avail myself of NoMoRoBo.  Come on Comcast and get on board here.

New Visitor
curmudgeon2

I believe you have this for business customers, Please give it to us.

Contributor
David1948

Comcast is way behind the curve in offering NoMoRoBo to its customers.  Virtually all of the other major telecom companies have this service, and their customers love it. 

I have called Comcast serveral times trying to speak with a "live" management-level person to find out why the company is not offering this essential service. I have never been referred to anyone, nor have I received any of the return calls I have requested regarding this topic.

I believe that if Comcast continues its total disregard for this important customer service, many of us will migrate to other telecom providers. C'mon Comcast--Get with the NoMoRoBo Programs (or at least have the courtesy to explanation to your customers why you have failed to do so) !!!  

Recognized Contributor
mamabearlongs

I do not think there is anything the people on this forum can do to get Comcast to add simultaneous ringing as a telephone feature.  You will need to either call Comcast or send an email to we_can_help@cable.comcast.com.  This email address might get you better results than calling Comcast, but you might want to consider creating a petition and sending it to Comcast's corporate headquarters.   

Visitor
Brewjaz

Just wondering out loud here---Could it be possible that Comcast is compliant with the robo callers?  Could they be getting a kick back for allowing the calls? 

My Comcast bill is roughly $200/mo.  You would think the LEAST they could do is let another company stop these calls.

New Visitor
BobPars

Come On Comcast- Give Us Simultaneous Ringing NOW

I find that Comcast sends me a big bill each month for their economy triple-play service, which includes a lousy selection of TV channels, really slow Internet and voice service which is loaded with mystery-meat surcharges..

It would be nice for Comcast to be a leader in supporting NOMOROBO so that we can all get rid of the annoying robocalls that plague us all. And, they should not charge for it.

Comcast can easily add simultaneous ring to its residental offerings for free- it's all done with software, and they've already implemented it for business customers.

Come on Comcast. Do the right thing. Support NoMoRobo NOW!

Regular Contributor
jforsythe15

Re: Come On Comcast- Give Us Simultaneous Ringing

I understand it would take some modification to your system to support Nomorobo (www.nomorobo.com), but is it not the right thing to do for your customers?

New Visitor

I just tried to speak with someone at Comcast regarding NoMoRoBo calls, she had no idea what I was talking about.  I would be so happy if these calls would cease and desist.  The calls are about carpet cleaning, vacations and now the Affordable Care Act.  Please Comcast - let's stop the robocalls.

Thank you.

New Visitor
LJeziak

I also get several spam calls every day with Xfinity Voice.  When will Comcast give customers the service we deserve by subscribing to NoMoRoBo?  Make it so.

Visitor

I use two very common carriers, AT&T wireless and CenturyLink (used to be Qwest), I think this nomorobo site is just a way to harvest email addresses.

Has anyone had this work for them, their carrier provided the service? And you can now eat dinner without the phone ringing?

Regular Contributor

Yes!  My bosses have Verizon Fios.  I signed them up for NoMoRobo, and immediately there was a huge drop in the number of robo-calls they've received. 

Visitor

Thanks for the response, good to know they are not just around to collect email address.  I'll call my landline provider and ask more about this then. Imagine a dinner with phone calls, heavenly stuff. :smileyhappy:

New Visitor

I sympathize with all of you but you are delusional if you think Comcast is going to spend 1 cent more than necessary for anything. Don't hold your breath waiting.

New Visitor
sschoenfeld

I am at the point of canceling my land line we are so inundated with robocalls. For the money we are paying Comcast should get with the program.

Contributor
pooshka

Add me to the list of cutomers would like nomorobo available to block these calls. 

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Everyone-

Sorry for all issues. Our Engineer team is aware of this matter and is working on a quick resolution. I will update this thread once the team has a fix.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Contributor
chai613

I suggest contacting Customer Service and asking the representative to forward your request to Comcast's Executive Offices.  Comcast would need to provide "Simultaneous Ringing" to their Xfinity Voice program, according to NoMoRoBo.  Comcast Reps do have an advisory about NoMoRoBo.

However, not enough customers have requested this update.

It seems the advisory indicates that NoMoRoBo is affiliated with the Federal Trade Commission, as Robo calls are at plague level (IMO).  If you want Comcast service to comply with NoMoRoBo system requirements call Comcast Customer Service and tell them to update to "Simultaneous Ringing".

If enough of us do this, maybe Comcast will listen and act.

Visitor

I like all the rest here get several robo calls a day , many are the same call but from different fake numbers all around the country. It sure would be a big help if comcast got with the program quickly and installed simultaneous ringing so we could signup for nomorobo.com and stop these calls, but wait we are talking about comcast , the only thing they do quickly is raise the rates,for a change I hope they help us as quickly .

New Visitor
MetroMagic

To ComcastLarry - What's the status on this, 8 weeks later? I want to get Simultaneous Ringing on my residential line, sign up for nomorobo, and have the phone spam cease. According to a post in another thread, someone in Atlanta claims to have gotten Simultaneous Ringing on a Comcast residential line. Please process this request, or direct me to where it does get processed. I don't want to wait another 8 weeks.

Contributor
chai613

Dear Comcast Larry,

I don't think any of us customers are appeased at all with mere lip service.

Please relay to the executive office that we insist on Comcast providing Simultaneous Ring service.

It is a poor reflection on Comcast that Time Warner and your other competitors provide this to their customers while you don't.  If you're not part of the solution (to Robo Calls coming to us through your service !), you're part of the problem !!

Make Simultaneous Ring service a Comcast TOP PRIORITY !

New Visitor
o9766

as of Dec. 19th Comcast agreed to support Nomorobo but as of today it's still glitching

Visitor

On 12/27/13, someone posted that Comcast HAS signed up for Nomorobo. I checked the Nomorobo site, and they still say Comcast does not participate.

Still waiting, and very unhappy!

New Visitor
sschoenfeld

[ Edited ]

Nomorobo says Xfinity is supported and I was able to try to sign up using the directions provided by Xfinity. It says to enter in Nomorobo's number under "Advanced Call Forwarding" under voice preferences. I went to voice preferences and there is no advanced call forwarding only "call forwarding." When I tried entering Nomorobo's # under call forwarding it cuts off every phone call.

Contributor

Hallelujah! I just set it up, Thank you, Comcast!
Visitor

Thanks comcast was finally able to sign up for nomorobo.com!!!!!!

Contributor
pooshka

Are you saying that NoMoRoBo forwards all of your calls, not just the robodials?

New Visitor
o9766

You have to activate the voice 2 go feature to get the "advance call forwarding"
New Visitor
rodmitchell369

And that, unfortunately for me, means you need an i-phone or Android smart phone.  The app doesn't work for Windows phones.

Visitor

Yes... for those of us without smartphones, we cannot take advantage of this. I have just spent time on the phone with Comcast Customer Service, and told them that while I'm paying the same as any other Comcast customer, they are blocking me from one of their services because I don't own a smartphone (something THEY don't offer!). They cannot dictate what I do with my private cell service! 

So, in my opinion, this issue is still not resolved! Other carriers don't connect Nomorobo with what kind of cell service their customers use! Comcast, this is unacceptable!

New Visitor
skpeterson

Only people with iOS or Android smartphones can activate the "Advanced Call Forwarding".  This seems totally silly.  I've got an android phone, so I'll be taking advantage of it, but to restrict that feature to that group of people is ridiculous .

New Visitor
don55don

I am interested in nomorobo for4 my phone is it possible?

New Visitor
mikecu

[ Edited ]

To: amajorpayne

Contact Craigslist and have them ban the IP that created the ad.

New Visitor
richsau

Yes, please.  I'm in the same boat and was just told by customer service Windows Phone will supported "soon".  I asked what that means and was told "sometime this year".  Why the option can't be turned on without a smart phone app is a mystery to me.

Visitor
dplymire

I too have been submitting requests for Comcast to approve and set up NoMoRoBo. Following numerous email exchanges with the CEO department and later VP of Customer Service, I was advise Comcast now has this available. HOWEVER!!!!!!!! When the phone rings, it only rings once and then stops. I have lost several calls. Then called C/S and contacts I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about. Finally got someone and they told me would bump up to a higher level. 24 hrs later still waiting for someone to contact me. I also found a note in my account that says they have found a service problem in the area. But yet I can call out. This morning I disabled the call forwarding feature under Advanced Call Forwarding. Will be calling again later today.

Contributor
chai613

Just tried to add my number to NoMoRoBo through Comcast, as the forum indicated Comcast is now onboard.  I was able to enter into the process through NoMoRoBo and Comcast, but hit a dead end when trying to set up the service on Comcast because once I went into the Voice menu, there is no Advanced Call Forwarding options under Voice Preferences.  I have call forwarding options, but no Advanced Call Forwarding options, which the instructions say I need.

So, Comcast has offered a program they can't deliver.

Frustrating !

Hope someone at Comcast will take responsibility and Fix this !!

Contributor
chai613

Larry, I set up NoMoRoBo for Comcast, but can't set up the Comcast options -

I get to Voice Preferences, but hit a roadblock as there are no
"Advanced Call Forwarding Options" which is what is needed in order to add the NoMoRoBo number the system will have to forward to.

To hear that Comcast now participates only to find its just not so, is frustrating, at best.

Please Advise!

Visitor
dplymire

After a full day of following instructions , i learned you must sign up for voice to go. I did, and was able to finally get final confirmation everything was complete and test followed instructions, and did receive a call back, as per insructions. One big problem, I COULD CALL OUT, BUT ALL CALLS WERE TREATED AS BAS CALLS AND WERE SHUT OFF. Nwaiting on someone to provide some answers! Really getting tired of comcast and starting to look at alternatives!

Contributor
chai613

Comcast Larry

Many of us seem to be wasting our time setting up NoMoRoBo on Comcast only to find there is no Advanced Call Forwarding option unless we use Phone Connect - the Phone 2 Go app.

That seems to mean that for those of us using a landline and not a smartphone, we've been spinning our wheels. 

Comcast needs to provide a mechanism for landline users to make use of NoMoRoBo as well.

It would even be a good idea to make very clear who can and who cannot use the service to save many of us a lot of time, effort and frustration.  No sense trying to make the thing work, if it won't.