Visitor
coreweldon4409

Number porting difficulties

I had my installation performed on July 30th. When the install occurred, the technician informed my that there was a delay in having my phone ported over. I fill out all the required information with the third party verification when I ordered the service. 10 days went by, still nothing occurred. I made several phone calls and chats and could not get an answer why. Some agents seemed more informed than others, but I continued to get the run around. The funny thing is that the number I have is originally an Comcast number that I had ported to another carrier and now I am porting it back, but I may be regretting this decision. It has been 20 days since my service was installed, around a month since I filled out all the third party verification, and still no porting. I have filled out a complaint with the FCC in this issue. I am leaning towards enacting the 30 day money back guarantee and being done. Customer service was why I left Comcast but that apparently was addressed; however, I continue to get the same powerless customer service group and the same runaround. The other service may not be as good, but they treated my like royalty when I had a problem. If this can be addressed, I will be swayed, but this is not looking good for you guys, I just don't get it.

New Visitor
smbsieg

Re: Number porting difficulties

I could've written this exact same comment.  It took 3 weeks for my number to be ported.  This whole time, I kept my previous supplier and paid for both comcast and the other supplier.  Neither of which I will be compensated for, nor will the countless hours I spent on the phone, on tech-chat, waiting for multiple service calls.  Not a good start when starting up a new customer. A good chunk of my 30-day money back period was used up while I was waiting for my porting. ugh. No one has called to check on their new customer. No one has called to reduce my bill.  They know there was a trouble ticket.  They should proactively do this. 

Visitor
coreweldon4409

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/portability-keeping-your-phone-number-when-changing-service-providers

Here is a good link for future people who have problems porting their number. There is a link for reporting problems to the FCC. They take this stuff seriously and fines are subsequent for entities erring.

Hopefully proactivity and oversight can solve this for future customers.

Visitor
coreweldon4409

so new update. It turns out comcast has been tryingn to contact me........on the number the are trying to port over. Meaning, after the install my new line and assign me a new number, they are trying to contact me on the number that is not working. Incompetence on many levels. If this is their all new cust service, then how bad was their old stuff. I have officially decided to just quit the comcast. I would say it has been nice knowing you, but it definitely hasn't

New Visitor
tao429

My husband and I recently moved to the home owned by my mother. We wanted to add services to her current cable package. The salesman suggested we transfer service to my name (to get the new customer deals and save money). We told him that we would only want to do that if we could keep her home phone number, since she will be living here with us for some time, and she has had the same number for almost 20 years. He PROMISED that it would not be a problem and that we just needed to let the people at the sevice center know when we dropped off her old equipment that we wanted to port over her number. We were told it would take 24 to 72 hours.

It has been a week and the old number has still not been ported over. I spent TWO hours on the phone this past Monday trying to resolve this. I was disconnected twice, transferred about five times and got two different answers. One agent said it couldn't be done. Another told me it could be done. Each time I was transferred or disconnected I had to retell the WHOLE STORY over again. It has been extremely frustrating and I have found the level of customer service to be inadequate at best. You get a different answer from each person you talk to. I have yet to receive a call or email from anyone at Comcast letting me know what is going on. Even though I have been told several times someone will get back to me within 24 hours. It's been a week! I don't know if the number is or isn't getting ported over. That is all I want to know. When and if will it happen?? If not, we will probably just cancel service and pay a little more so that my mother can keep her home phone number! It seems like such a simple process. So I'm unsure why Comcast can't figure out how to do it. I've transferred numbers three times from three different cell phone providers. Why is a home phone number any different??? It's ridiculous!