Visitor

Phone Service Keeps Dying

I have the hi-speed internet/cable/phone package. All work fine except that the phone keeps going out; no dial tone and no receiving calls. When it works, it works fine. It's been out for over a week now. I've reset the central modem and tried all the troubleshooting tips, which are very limited, to put it kindly. I've chatted with a service rep online and to one via cell phone, they are all of no help. The best I was offered was to have a service tech come out and notified that there would be a 49.95 service fee IF the problem is not Comcast related.

I would like someone for someone from the forum who may have a solution to please post - or if they exist -  someone at Comcast who knows how to resolve this problem without giving useless textbook solutions. All my phone jacks have a secure connection and the phone lights on the modem are solidly lit.

Thanks for any help

Most Valued Poster
Naddie1

Re: Phone Service Keeps Dying

A week, for heavens sakes why have you not called Comcast.?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Visitor

As stated in the above post, I have talked to several reps online and via phone regarding the issue. I just assumed that anyone reading it would also assume they were Comcast reps.
Most Valued Poster
Naddie1

offsider wrote:
As stated in the above post, I have talked to several reps online and via phone regarding the issue. I just assumed that anyone reading it would also assume they were Comcast reps.

Wooooopppppsssssss. my bad. Have they given you a ticket number? Have they set up an apt to come out to your home?
I just got my Digital  Voice, and except for a couple of glitches that were fixed that day. I got excelant service from them.
Most Valued Poster
Naddie1

The best I was offered was to have a service tech come out and notified that there would be a 49.95 service fee IF the problem is not Comcast related.

I was told by the guy who set us up, that there will NEVER be a charge to come out and fix the service. Now of course the phones are our responsabily. I do believe that that person told you wrong.
Visitor

A tech is supposed to be here Sunday a.m.
Thank you for your responses, Naddie1.
Most Valued Poster
Naddie1

offsider wrote:
A tech is supposed to be here Sunday a.m.
Thank you for your responses, Naddie1.

Oh goodie. :smileygrin:

That is why I lurk:smileywink::smileygrin: