Contributor

Phone only rings twice

My phone only rings twice then hangs up on the caller. I just spent two hours in Live Chat with a very nice man with more patience than me and my husband. Now he says it will take up to 24 hours for changes to take effect. So no service tech scheduled to come and fix. We even have the Service Protection Plan. We have a RCA Broadband Modem given to us from Comcast. Funny thing is I just found out today that my friend who lives 3 streets away from me is experiencing the same thing, only two rings. This has been going on since March 28th for us.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Phone only rings twice

It seems that your issue might be taken care of when the tech arrives.

If it doesn't get fixed, then post back and it can get escalated to the Comcast Cares Team.

Contributor

They didnt scedule a tech to come.. We have to wait 24 hours. Oh also the Live Chat guy said he checked and there were no complaints or outages in my area.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified, and will look into if your being taken care of properly.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Contributor

Thank you!

I tried a little bit ago to call my home phone from my cell. Only rang twice. After the 24 hours are up my husband will be calling, and he was not so patient as I was last night, at one point we lost our ring completely for about one half hour, it would show on the caller ID on the TV, but we had no ring. But the Live Chat guy got that fixed. When we were going into the 2nd hour of the call my husband was getting really upset, it was a good thing I was doing the chatting. He thought it should have been a services tech's job to do all he had to do last night. He had to take apart the modem to take the battery out then replace everything. He had to continously reset the modem(both of our eyesite is not so sharp).

Our complaint is, the phong only rings twice, and we both cant get there before the call is dropped. We pay over $200.00 a month for our service. We have been a customer since 1992. The modem was given to us and installed by Comcast. And lastly, we pay every month for the Service Protection Plan.

Thank You

Teri

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

I'm having our Regional office look into this.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Contributor

We called a service tech, and he right came out and diagnosed the problem. It was one of our jacks. Once we took the phone off that jack the phone rang the required setting of 5 times. He would have fixed that line but it was in the attic and we couldnt get him access because of all the stuff stored there.

My disappointment now is in the Live Chat guy telling us to wait 24 hours and all the resetting he did on his end would fix the matter and it would NOT need a techinician. He never once asked us to disconnet any phones on all the jacks we have throughout our house. In fact he never asked us what kind of phone we were using at all. I saved and printed out the chat we had. He told us after nearly 2 hours he had exhausted all possible ways to have fixed the issue.

I am happy my phone rings more than twice now.

Right for some reason I cant send email, I just sent one and the 2nd one I tried sending I got an error message

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'chevysprinter@comcast.net'. Subject '', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78