Frequent Visitor

Phone says no line. Anything I can do on my end?

Phone is not working. The cable and computer work fine. Is there anything I can check on my own?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Phone says no line. Anything I can do on my en

rickf07 wrote:

Phone is not working. The cable and computer work fine. Is there anything I can check on my own?

You can check Troubleshooting under the 'sticky' thread at the top of the page labled FAQ's. 

Clickable link

i did find this too:  You didn't say if you have a dial tone or not...

I have no dial tone, or cannot break the dial tone of my XFINITY Voice® service

Please check the following items in an attempt to restore your service if you have no dial tone, cannot break the dial tone, or are experiencing any other type of out of service condition with your telephone line.  Refer to the contact information located within the last paragraph of this page if you are not able to restore service.

1. Make sure all phones are on the hook and that cordless phone batteries are charged.
  2. Try to plug a working corded phone into different jacks to find out if the issue is isolated to one phone or jack.
  3. Plug the phone directly into your Embedded Multimedia Terminal Adapter (eMTA) to determine if the issue may be related to the wiring inside your home.
  4. If you have two phone numbers with XFINITY Voice service, and only one is working, please chat with us.
  5. Check the lights on your eMTA.  Depending on the light sequence displaying, you may need to reset your eMTA.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

Re: Phone says no line. Anything I can do on my en

my phone works but says no home line...??