Recognized Contributor
Accepted Solution

Porting Number from AT&T to Comcast - How Long?

How long does it typically take to port a land line from AT&T to Comcast Digital Voice? I activated my service on Tuesday 3/6, but my number had not yet been ported. Comcast has given me a temporary number while I wait.

It has been three days. Just wondering if this is normal.

Also, is the process automatic? Will I need to reboot my modem once the number is ported?

Thanks!

Recognized Contributor

Re: Porting Number from AT&T to Comcast - How

I am going to answer my own question here.

I called the "Porting Department" at Comcast 1-877-397-9735 and they told me the port is scheduled for Wednesday 3/14 - Eight days after the order was placed.

I don't know if this is typical, but it seems kind of slow to me. Probably the fault of AT&T more than Comcast, but who knows.

Hope this helps someone...

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

It took 3 1/2 weeks for AT&T to release my number to port my over.

New Visitor
Tom12345678910

Doubt it took them that long to release the number. I requested porting of 3 T-Mobile numbers, 2 to Verizon and 1 to Comcast. The numbers  to Verizon were ported in about 30 minutes. I am still waiting on the number to be ported to Comcast, now almost a month. I called a total of4 times and each time Comcast makes another request for the number, the last time, I spoke with a supevisor who said would follow up with T-Mobile by phone in addition to the usual online request. Most recently, the number should have been ported (according to Comcast) yesterday, Monday. PATHETIC. I keep paying T-Mobile as a result.

New Visitor
RV4745

It's been so painful to deal with porting number from AT&T to Comcast.  Upgraded to triple play on 3rd July. I was told to wait for week to port beginning 12th of July.  I must have called 10 times already and was made to bend on my keens to plead them to port the number over to comcast. Customer service says they provide the best service but inturn causing so much pain . Finally had to search through and get to porting depeartment only to be told that they are placing porting request today.

What  a pain to be working as telecomuter and depend on comcast for realiable service.

RV