Recognized Contributor
Accepted Solution

Porting Number from AT&T to Comcast - How Long?

How long does it typically take to port a land line from AT&T to Comcast Digital Voice? I activated my service on Tuesday 3/6, but my number had not yet been ported. Comcast has given me a temporary number while I wait.

It has been three days. Just wondering if this is normal.

Also, is the process automatic? Will I need to reboot my modem once the number is ported?

Thanks!

Recognized Contributor

Re: Porting Number from AT&T to Comcast - How

I am going to answer my own question here.

I called the "Porting Department" at Comcast 1-877-397-9735 and they told me the port is scheduled for Wednesday 3/14 - Eight days after the order was placed.

I don't know if this is typical, but it seems kind of slow to me. Probably the fault of AT&T more than Comcast, but who knows.

Hope this helps someone...

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

It took 3 1/2 weeks for AT&T to release my number to port my over.

New Visitor
Tom12345678910

Doubt it took them that long to release the number. I requested porting of 3 T-Mobile numbers, 2 to Verizon and 1 to Comcast. The numbers  to Verizon were ported in about 30 minutes. I am still waiting on the number to be ported to Comcast, now almost a month. I called a total of4 times and each time Comcast makes another request for the number, the last time, I spoke with a supevisor who said would follow up with T-Mobile by phone in addition to the usual online request. Most recently, the number should have been ported (according to Comcast) yesterday, Monday. PATHETIC. I keep paying T-Mobile as a result.