Visitor

Problems with Phone service

Morning all.
    I have had Comcast cable for many years.  HSI for about 3 years.  Have had phone service for like 2-3 years.  Never had any real issues.

This morning, the wife was on the phone fine.  Later, a friend calls her cell, and reports that she can't call out house.

Calling the house from my cell gets me "your call cannot be completed at this time, please call again later"

Trying to call ANY number from my home phone gets me "we're sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed, or the number has been disconnected"

I checked power, all cabling etc on the Arris box in the basement.  everything seems fine. 

I contacted customer service, figuring there might be a problem in the area.  My  cable TV works fine, as does HSI.

Customer service informs me that it will be 4 days or more before they can get a tech out to my house.  Personally, I think that's a ridiculously long period of time to be without a home phone. (But I'm an impatient cuss)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Visitor

Re: Problems with Phone service

I lost digital voice and internet this (Saturday) evening. Telephone call to tech support after trouble shooting said modem offline and they would have to come out and the earliest was Tuesday afternoon. That was scheduled. Then I tried chat and the following is a partial trascript:
Rolly > When: June 27-28, 2008 (Friday – Saturday) The Neptune system will be brought down at 10:00 PM MTN on Friday night or Saturday early morning 9:00 PM Pacific Time 11:00 PM Central Time 12:00 AM Eastern Time
Rolly > The Neptune Team will be performing a major upgrade to the system the weekend of 06/27-28/08. The reasons for the upgrade are numerous but the largest impact to billing is the new functionality to support the tax calculation process on billable usage.
Larry_ > Does the neptune system affect my digial phone service? Voicemail? or just billing?
Rolly > It is an upgrade, Larry, We were informed that it is going to be national and they will make it the less impact to our customer. Since our system is running under Neptune system, everything is affected.
Larry_ > Even internet access?
Rolly > Once again, it will be back as soon as possible. But just for clarification, are you able to access your Voicemail before? 
Rolly > Yes, including our Internet Service, Larry.

Rolly > Rest assured that when the outage is over, Larry, everything will be back to normal.
Have a hard time believing this last statemant. The Comcast website status page is all green checkmarks.

Contributor

Re: Problems with Phone service

Well, that explains a lot. My phone have been going directly to voice mail since Friday.
They said it was a provisioning problem that they have been "trying" to to fix it for 3 days.
I expect I'm out of luck until the upgrade is finished.

My saga is documented in another thread. There are Comcast POCs in the thread. What I don't understand is why does
it take a customer posting to a forum to get this information?  Very strange...
Maybe someone from Comcast on this forum can confirm the upgrade and whether or not our problems are a result.

Hope things work out for ya,

Gary