New Visitor
hallski0

ROBO Calls

Why  can't our providers protect us us from the CONSTANT robo calls?

New Visitor

Re: ROBO Calls

I agree.  I just switched from CenturyLink to Comcast because of the cost savings.  However, at CenturyLink, one of their best features was a "No Solicitor" feature.  When you got a call, an automated response would ask if you were a solicitator or not.  If not, the caller would press #1 and the system would then let the caller through to you.  Most Robocalls were blocked and most solicitors don't bother to waste the time to follow the instructions.  If CenturyLink can provide such a service, I can't see why Xfinity/Comcast cannot either.  I imagine that not enough people know about a feature such as this and have not yet complained.  My recent experience with my upgrade seems to indicate that the squeakiest wheel gets some notice.

Contributor
Bassetacre

I have my home number on the national "Do Not Call" list, yet I have been receiving these ROBO calls from all over the country since I switched to bundled service with Comcast.  Don't they subscribe to that list?  It is making me want to rethink my option to have the bundled service.

New Visitor
hallski0

I think the problem is that "Do not call" has been beaten.  I get the exact same recording from different numbers (probably cell) all over the country. The answer will probably come from our providers and technology.

New Visitor

I have the same problem.  Both my home and my cell are on the national DNC list, yet telemarketers and solicitors have figured out ways around it.

New Visitor
charlescar

Just read on my Comcast home page about the new Nomorobo product that is available to other providers. This would be a great help to those of us who are tired of receiving these unwanted scams and solicitations. Will Comcast Voice be getting this? Soon I hope!

Contributor
Baumer1955

Who are the other service providers that provide this service?  I would gladly pay an extra $5-$10 per month to avoid these Robo calls.

New Visitor
charlescar

Nomorobo is currently available to people who have VoiP service with AT&T U-verse, Cablevision Optimum, SureWest, Verizon FiOS and Vonage.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

[ Edited ]