New Visitor
rowyntree

Selective Call Forwarding Isn't Available

I am trying to forward just one phone number.  According to Xfinity's dashboard/website, I should be able to easily do this.  However, when I try to click on the box that states "Selective Forwarding", I get a circle with a slash through it hovering above that box.  It will not let me use that service.  Why is this?  It was really important to me today to be able to forward just one phone number to another number.  I'm tired of Xfinity boasting about all of their features and they don't even work!

New Visitor
rowyntree

Re: Selective Call Forwarding Isn't Available

Figured why I'm here, why not ask this question as well - in regards to listening to your voice mail on your phone.  WHY IN THE WORLD are we forced to listen to an ENTIRE voice mail - especially when it's a telemarketer - before we can delete the message?  Xfinity is the ONLY voice mail I have ever encountered that holds it's customers hostage for every voice mail they receive.

I use my mobile device in order to get around this, since that will let me delete the voice mails without having to listen to the entire message, however, Xfinity's mobile app doesn't always work.  :womanfrustrated:

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced.

I have escalated your issue for online call forwarding to be investigated.
Have you tried using it from your home phone? Simply activate by dialing *63 and *83 to deactivate.

You do not have to listen to the entire message, Press 7-7 while the message is playing and it will delete.

Here are a few more options available as well.

Press 4 to replay the message
Press 5 to listen to the message envelope (including date, time, telephone number and name of person calling if available)
Press 6 to forward the message to another CDV mailbox
Press 7 to delete the message
Press 8 to reply to the message if it was sent from another CDV subscriber
Press 9 to save the message
Press 9-1 to mark the message as unheard (new)
Press 77 to delete message while it’s playing
Press 99 to fast forward to the end of the message
Press # to skip the message
Press * to cancel playback and return to the main menu

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor
4cindra

I also have been trying to use the call forwarding and I get a red circle with a slash thru it.  I have no idea as to why they would put the call forwarding in and not let its customers use it.  If there is someone out there that knows how to go about fixing this issue it would be great to beable to use this feature.

New Visitor
Alanb3260

I asked for a current price phamphet on all of comcasts stuff(Voice,internet,and Digital cable. I am finding the prices changing alot. please keep us informed.

New Visitor
rowyntree

Someone from Comcast actually called me and discovered that for whatever reasons, that feature had been disabled on my account.  The same thing has probably happened with your account.  If no one has called you, call Comcast.