Contributor
ttedesco

Service Outage Quick Check ?

Is there a quick webpage you can go to and find out if telephone, internet, or TV has and outage in your area.
Email Expert

Re: Service Outage Quick Check ?

New Visitor
New Visitor
wgs

<http://online.comcast.net/networkhealth/outagecheck.aspx> returns "Bad Request - Invalid Host Name. Some "email expert" you have there answering questions - either that, or you're screwed up seven ways for Sunday.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

wgs, did you happen to notice the date of the post with the link?

At the time the post was made, the address was valid and there was an outage board. The link worked 2 years ago.

However, due to the fact that the outage board was rarely correct Comcast got rid of it.

That's why you get Bad Request.

The problem with resurrecting old threads is that the info contained in them could be out of date. It certainly is with this post, which is almost 2 years old.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
New Visitor
wgs

Re: date of message.

No, I hadn't noticed the date. I entered "email outage" (or something similar) in the help "search" window, and had no reason to check dates. Perhaps I should have, but...perhaps outdated information should be removed from Comcast's servers so that "help" can truly be "Help" - not a matter of reading the fine print.

Thank you for your reply; I just wish it hadn't been necessary.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

The search function provided by Lithium is useless, non-functional junk.

There is no rhyme or reason to the order of the results.

You are not the first and will not be the last to use the search function and reply to an older thread.

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove the out-dated link. It isn't on the Comcast server. It's simply a link in a post.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.