New Visitor
Teejs

Telephone light blinking

The modem telephone light is blinking like a phone is off the hook, only one phone pluged in the back of modem, modem was reset phone still dead like it is off the hook?

Visitor
LitleMs

Re: Telephone light blinking

I have had the same issue since earlier today. I was in the middle of a call and all of a sudden it was just gone. I have tried everything the tech suggested and no resolution. Waiting for a servie call on Saturday. Frustrating and NOT the way to start out my first month with the Triple Play package. = (

New Visitor
Screamin_J

When you hang up, your phone tells the emta to hang up. Either yours isn't or the emta isn't responding. Unplug your phone line from the back of the emta and then hit the reset button. Give the emta a couple of minutes to 'reboot' and then plug that line in. Tel 1. It happens with a cordless phone more often. Follow the previous instructions but unplug the power to the cordless 'base' unit first and plug that power back in when the modem has finished registering.
New Visitor
Teejs

Thank you for the info, a tech came out today and said a new phone "switch" installed at comcast was the problem which messed up some customers numbers.  He put a new modem in and reset the modem number at comcast, everything ok now.