New Visitor

Unable to block Unavailable phone numbers

Unable to block Unavailable phone numbers.  I can block anonymous calls but not unavailable.  My recent contact with customer support was no help, comcast does not have that option. Is this the latest scam for solicitors to call you any thime they want and disturb your day or evening.  comcast need to make this an available option.

Recognized Contributor
sabretooth

Re: Unable to block Unavailable phone numbers

You could also try upgrading your phones as most new phones have that feature built in.

New Visitor
Kellie53

I agree completely!  I thought that anomynous was the same as unavailable!  For what I pay this should be an option!  Come on Comcast, help us with this!  :cathappy:

New Visitor
DLR15

I also wholeheartedly agree. I was receiving harassing phone calls from a toll-free number, so yesterday I blocked the number from calling me. Lo and behold, today they started calling from Unavailable. Comcast confirmed there is no way to block this. The customer service rep's best advice was to register my phone number on DoNotCall.gov, wait 30 days for it to take effect, and then if I'm still receiving unwanted phone calls, file a complaint with the FCC. I used to have AT&T, which offered Privacy Manager. If I received a call from an Unavailable or Private number, the individual had to leave a message stating who they were; I then had the option of accepting or rejecting the call. I asked if Comcast offers this service. The representative said, "Most phone companies do, but we don't. We've registered numerous customer requests for this service, but honestly I don't think we'll ever have it." Comcast, please get with the program! If other phone companies can do it, you can do it too - especially with what we're paying each month!

New Visitor
lightseeker4

I recently switched from ATT to Comcast and now robo caller with an unavailable number has been calling every morning a 8:05 AM! Sometimes up to 4 other times a day! This never happened with ATT. Everything else about the Comcast phone service is better than ATT - where can I is sigh up to petition Comcast to make this service available?

Bronze Star Contributor

I don't know if we're allowed to talk about another company's products on this forum but I found a great free computer program called Phone Tray Free that works with your computer's modem. It will not block unavailable phone numbers but it will automatically disconnect them after the first ring. It have found it to be a great help with these kinds of phone calls.

Regular Contributor
VSHixson

Be aware, comcast will sell your number to marketers. The calls you are getting are from the comcast auto dialer to see if your number is active.(not disconnected, they don't get paid for disconnected numbers) Thats why you can't block unavailable, private, unknown, and other numbers. (like 1-111-111-1111 yes, that was the number that was showing.) That is also why comcast limits you to a 12 number maximum of numbers you can block. If you read the fine print it says: We are comcast and we don't care, because we don't have to.

New Visitor
scubacindy

If you have comcast dial *77, wait for the message that calls with no caller ID will be blocked.  To take it off *87.

Regular Contributor
VSHixson

Been there, done that. It will not work with those numbers(or lack of) because it says it is not a real phone number.